Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gov. Cuomo Says Coronavirus Projections from Experts Were All Wrong

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Gov. Cuomo Says Coronavirus Projections from Experts Were All Wrong

Post by audiophile » Tue May 26, 2020 7:27 am

CUOMO: "There's only one set of numbers, right? This is not pick your numbers here. We have statewide criteria, they are the same all across the state, and we know where we are on each of those criterion on any given day and they're posted on the website. So we all — there's one set of numbers, we all know the numbers. The question is at what point do the numbers drop to the reopening threshold. Now, people can speculate people, people can guess, I think next week, I think two weeks, I think a month. I'm out of that business because we all failed at that business. All the early national experts, here's my projection model, here's my projection model, they were all wrong. They were all wrong."

Ouch!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Re: Gov. Cuomo Says Coronavirus Projections from Experts Were All Wrong

Post by km1125 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:35 am

Does that mean there's a set of "alternative facts" floating around out there?

Folks (like our Gov) have been treating all the models as scientific fact when in reality they are all just opinions, with some only slightly better than a Magic 8 Ball.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 26, 2020 7:42 am

I'm even sure opinions would be correct, I think they are just theories.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue May 26, 2020 10:11 am

Meanwhile - the undisputed FACTS that we are at the start of a worldwide killer pandemic - and the USA - under the leadershit of a mentally ill TV reality star - now leads the global pack in per capita COVID-19 cases/deaths - is evident.

Argue, spin, misrepresent numbers - all day long.
Follow the feckless lead of your MAGA Witchdoctor.
Have fun in the sun,
Shun masks (democrat hoax!) ,
Breathe deep,
Don’t distance,
And prepare to die.

Historically -
The Coronavirus is the only entity WINNING.
And Trump is the BIGGEST LOSER of them all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic