Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

We should be happy things are going well in Georgia!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

We should be happy things are going well in Georgia!

Post by Matt » Sat May 16, 2020 8:11 pm

https://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2020/05/16/838396/
Three weeks ago Georgia and Florida began opening up their economies and the SHSS crowd went crazy. They weren’t just annoyed, they were enraged. Many spit out hateful wishes that those going to the beach or stores would contract the virus themselves…it would serve them right. Some posted mock “contracts” for the “morons” to sign to give up their right to medical treatment or publicly funded services should they contract the virus. Many others expressed genuine fear at the possible consequences, making desperate posts predicting tragically surging infection rates and deaths if the toothless rednecks in the South didn’t come to their senses soon.

Fast forward to today and not only have the worst of the predictions not come true, both Georgia and Florida continue to post declining infection rates and fatality rates due to COVID-19. The consequences have been exactly the opposite of what the SHSS crowd had feared.
Can't wait to see what the response is to actual facts...
Where are the cheers? Where are the mea culpas? At the very least, where are expressions of excitement that the models were wrong? Don’t we want them to be wrong? Don’t we want to have grossly overestimated the death count in those states that opened? We’ve had weeks of tedious lectures about “science” and “data” and when the science and data finally shows that people can get back to their lives the SHSS crowd suddenly has no interest in such things. Worse, they have no interest in celebrating lives saved alongside jobs saved.
I've been saying for a while that math and logic were kicking natural sciences proverbial ass. Others, like BMW, Bryce, and Audiophile have made similar comments. Why would anyone be mad that the projections were wrong???

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

audiophile

Re: We should be happy things are going well in Georgia!

Post by audiophile » Sat May 16, 2020 10:02 pm

Now back to climate change.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun May 17, 2020 1:50 am

That's great news. I hope it goes that well here.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 17, 2020 3:06 am

Matt wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:11 pm
https://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2020/05/16/838396/
Three weeks ago Georgia and Florida began opening up their economies and the SHSS crowd went crazy. They weren’t just annoyed, they were enraged. Many spit out hateful wishes that those going to the beach or stores would contract the virus themselves…it would serve them right. Some posted mock “contracts” for the “morons” to sign to give up their right to medical treatment or publicly funded services should they contract the virus. Many others expressed genuine fear at the possible consequences, making desperate posts predicting tragically surging infection rates and deaths if the toothless rednecks in the South didn’t come to their senses soon.

Fast forward to today and not only have the worst of the predictions not come true, both Georgia and Florida continue to post declining infection rates and fatality rates due to COVID-19. The consequences have been exactly the opposite of what the SHSS crowd had feared.
Can't wait to see what the response is to actual facts...
Where are the cheers? Where are the mea culpas? At the very least, where are expressions of excitement that the models were wrong? Don’t we want them to be wrong? Don’t we want to have grossly overestimated the death count in those states that opened? We’ve had weeks of tedious lectures about “science” and “data” and when the science and data finally shows that people can get back to their lives the SHSS crowd suddenly has no interest in such things. Worse, they have no interest in celebrating lives saved alongside jobs saved.
I've been saying for a while that math and logic were kicking natural sciences proverbial ass. Others, like BMW, Bryce, and Audiophile have made similar comments. Why would anyone be mad that the projections were wrong???
We are just getting to the edges of the 14 day incubation period... I’m not sure I buy that it won’t flare up later this year either...

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun May 17, 2020 6:47 am

Incubation median is 4-5 days and UP TO 14 days. Its a bit of a leap to suggest that things could change significantly.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:54 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:02 pm
I'm surprised that I haven't heard a faction trying to make the case this is caused or even exacerbated by "climate change". (maybe Greta??)

Or did I just miss that??

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 17, 2020 8:40 am

Matt wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:47 am
Incubation median is 4-5 days and UP TO 14 days. Its a bit of a leap to suggest that things could change significantly.
tracking results don't exactly work that way but if it makes you happy I think that's wonderful.

Someone who is skeptical might suggest that Georgia isn't reporting very vigorously. Has Trump might say:

"look at all these reports, if you don't report that you have covid then you have less cases. I think we should stop reporting."

For the sake of all those citizens I hope the results stay negative.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 17, 2020 10:19 am

km1125 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:54 am
audiophile wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:02 pm
I'm surprised that I haven't heard a faction trying to make the case this is caused or even exacerbated by "climate change". (maybe Greta??)

Or did I just miss that??
Nobody is making that claim because there is no evidence this is the case...

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 17, 2020 10:33 am

I do find it interesting how the media criticizes only Republican governors and never Democratic governors given the actual data. Here are the top 10 states with the most deaths and which party governs those states:

(D) 27,953 New York
(D) 20,071 New Jersey
(R) 5,705 Massachusettes
(D) 4,880 Michigan
(D) 4,490 Pennsylvania
(D) 4,149 Illinois
(D) 3,339 Conneticut
(D) 3,254 California
(D) 2,413 Louisiana
(R) 1,963 Florida
---------------------------
(D) 70,549 Total
(R) 7,668 Total

If I get really bored I might compile this list for all 50 states and also compare the per-capital death rates based on who is running the state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 17, 2020 11:09 am

bmw wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:33 am
I do find it interesting how the media criticizes only Republican governors and never Democratic governors given the actual data. Here are the top 10 states with the most deaths and which party governs those states:

(D) 27,953 New York
(D) 20,071 New Jersey
(R) 5,705 Massachusettes
(D) 4,880 Michigan
(D) 4,490 Pennsylvania
(D) 4,149 Illinois
(D) 3,339 Conneticut
(D) 3,254 California
(D) 2,413 Louisiana
(R) 1,963 Florida
---------------------------
(D) 70,549 Total
(R) 7,668 Total

If I get really bored I might compile this list for all 50 states and also compare the per-capital death rates based on who is running the state.
But Democrats run the states where the most people are so that makes sense... if this was a corn plant disease you’d see all (R)‘s there and the stat would be just as meaningless.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 17, 2020 11:26 am

Hate to break it to you RT, but you're wrong. I've compiled the data.

Here is the summary:

26 states run by Republicans
24 states run by Democrats

Population of states run by Democrats: 173,948,655
Population of states run by Republicans: 139,484,835

Total deaths in states run by Democrats: 67,927
Total deaths in states run by Republicans: 20,222

Per capita death rate in states run by Democrats: 1 in 2,561
Per capita death rate in states run by Republicans: 1 in 6,898

Conclusion: You are 2.7x more likely to die from Coronavirus if you live in a state governed by a Democrat than if you live in one governed by a Republican.

Sources: New York Times Coronavirus stats, Wikipedia for state populations and governors

Full PDF here - http://breakingnewsfeeds.com/media/corona-stats.pdf

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 17, 2020 12:49 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 11:26 am
Hate to break it to you RT, but you're wrong. I've compiled the data.

Here is the summary:

26 states run by Republicans
24 states run by Democrats

Population of states run by Democrats: 173,948,655
Population of states run by Republicans: 139,484,835

Total deaths in states run by Democrats: 67,927
Total deaths in states run by Republicans: 20,222

Per capita death rate in states run by Democrats: 1 in 2,561
Per capita death rate in states run by Republicans: 1 in 6,898

Conclusion: You are 2.7x more likely to die from Coronavirus if you live in a state governed by a Democrat than if you live in one governed by a Republican.

Sources: New York Times Coronavirus stats, Wikipedia for state populations and governors

Full PDF here - http://breakingnewsfeeds.com/media/corona-stats.pdf
The list you compiled and the list of largest states correspond almost exactly.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun May 17, 2020 1:29 pm

Tsunsmi a commin’ big ol’ bucked teeth Southerners. Better tell the Redstate writers. Especially the author reprinted here who stated you’re toothless! 🥃🤡 Dixie. Swell ham and bourbon.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun May 17, 2020 2:24 pm

Just read an article from the Secretary of Health who stated for the record that the expected rise in places opening up had not happened. Granted it is early for some states, we are almost a month into reopening and no spike, no increase in ICU or vent needs and stay at home has ended for all except senior citizens and those with underlying health issues. The next two weeks will tell the tale but so far we are bucking the models.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 17, 2020 5:47 pm

Georgia and Florida have warm climates and have seen above normal temperatures much of this spring. The virus dies quickly in heat. It only makes sense for the sun belt and southeastern states to have looser restrictions than the states in New England, Northeast and Upper Midwest.

I should note that mass transit - ya know, a thing that many lefties LOVE - has likely played a significant role in propagating the virus in our large urban centers.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic