Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I need help understanding...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 12047

I need help understanding...

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:18 pm

The following two items -

One, this week, a Facebook (former) friend posted a long diatribe that included this paragraph -

"Keep in mind it started with a guy Born in Kenya, raised in Indonesia then Hawaii and illegally put into position to run for President. Who eventually began the demolition process to our rights and the constitution. Taken away just like historical statues that stood for 100 years or longer." What rights and constitutional protections were "demolished" by the previous President? Do people still believe that he was an illegal President?

Two, today Vice President Pence visited the Mayo Clinic, with a camera crew, and was the only person in sight NOT WEARING A MASK! Does this make sense to anyone? Despite what he may think of the mask, does this not encourage bad behavior? It certainly pissed off the Mayo Clinic people. "Vice President Mike Pence toured the Mayo Clinic without sporting a facial mask despite that renowned medical facility telling him it was required to wear one." https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/28/coronav ... -mask.html

Rate This

Re: I need help understanding...

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:44 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:18 pm

One, this week, a Facebook (former) friend posted a long diatribe that included this paragraph -

"Keep in mind it started with a guy Born in Kenya, raised in Indonesia then Hawaii and illegally put into position to run for President. Who eventually began the demolition process to our rights and the constitution. Taken away just like historical statues that stood for 100 years or longer." What rights and constitutional protections were "demolished" by the previous President? Do people still believe that he was an illegal President?

Two, today Vice President Pence visited the Mayo Clinic, with a camera crew, and was the only person in sight NOT WEARING A MASK! Does this make sense to anyone? Despite what he may think of the mask, does this not encourage bad behavior? It certainly pissed off the Mayo Clinic people. "Vice President Mike Pence toured the Mayo Clinic without sporting a facial mask despite that renowned medical facility telling him it was required to wear one." https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/28/coronav ... -mask.html
Your former friend is a lunatic and Pence is an asshat. That should clear things up.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:44 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:

Your former friend is a lunatic and Pence is an asshat. That should clear things up.
Done and done.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:06 pm

Rate This wrote:
Radio Sucks wrote:

Does the comment apply to Karen Whitmer as well? https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 034509001/
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:46 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:06 pm
Rate This wrote:
Radio Sucks wrote:

Does the comment apply to Karen Whitmer as well? https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 034509001/
First if she’s speaking a mask would be rather cumbersome, also facial expressions need to be read by the viewer. My understanding is that the mask rule applies to crowded public places.. the Romney building isn’t exactly one of those. Seeing her in Kroger without a mask would indeed be outrageous but this makes sense.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:44 pm

I wonder what pisses Matt off more:

A. The governor of Michigan is a Democrat.
B. The governor of Michigan is a woman.

Given his use of the deragatory term "cu*t", my money is on "B".

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:51 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:

They have been given antibodies. Mark my words.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:52 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:44 pm

So, when I call a guy a prick, does that mean I have a problem with him being a man, or, is he just a prick?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:53 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:

How about:

C. The governor of Michigan is incompetent.

Edit: Its awfully sexist of Victor to suggest that cunt is always a feminine term.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:09 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:53 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:

How about:

C. The governor of Michigan is incompetent.

Edit: Its awfully sexist of Victor to suggest that cunt is always a feminine term.
Well Webster...
cunt
/kənt/
Learn to pronounce
nounVULGAR SLANG
noun: cunt; plural noun: cunts
a woman's genitals.
I’d love to see you wiggle out of that and find a way to refer to a man that way and make it make sense.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:37 pm

So you're the word police now? I don't discriminate on cunt usage. See: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 21&t=48901

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:42 pm

Not to mention, folks from the UK use it as a term of endearment.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:37 pm
So you're the word police now? I don't discriminate on cunt usage. See: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 21&t=48901
An excerpt:
Such a raw and extreme subject line! Living in mom's basement will do that to you!
You got burned badly right off the bat in that thread... :razz

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:56 am

Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Radio Sucks wrote:

Two, today Vice President Pence visited the Mayo Clinic, with a camera crew, and was the only person in sight NOT WEARING A MASK! Does this make sense to anyone? Despite what he may think of the mask, does this not encourage bad behavior? It certainly pissed off the Mayo Clinic people. "Vice President Mike Pence toured the Mayo Clinic without sporting a facial mask despite that renowned medical facility telling him it was required to wear one." My emphasis
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/28/coronav ... -mask.html
No. This isn’t about wearing a mask. As noted above this is about how rude it is to visit a hospital and flaunt their regulations.
Did he visit an operating room without scrubbing up too?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:02 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:15 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:37 pm
An excerpt:
Such a raw and extreme subject line! Living in mom's basement will do that to you!
You got burned badly right off the bat in that thread... :razz
Not really. Graham Wellington is another posters alternative account. If you don't have the balls to make a hacky mom's basement joke from your main (should be only) account, it doesn't count as a burn.
Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:56 am
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Radio Sucks wrote:

Two, today Vice President Pence visited the Mayo Clinic, with a camera crew, and was the only person in sight NOT WEARING A MASK! Does this make sense to anyone? Despite what he may think of the mask, does this not encourage bad behavior? It certainly pissed off the Mayo Clinic people. "Vice President Mike Pence toured the Mayo Clinic without sporting a facial mask despite that renowned medical facility telling him it was required to wear one." My emphasis
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/28/coronav ... -mask.html
No. This isn’t about wearing a mask. As noted above this is about how rude it is to visit a hospital and flaunt their regulations.
Did he visit an operating room without scrubbing up too?
I'm not inclined to back the mask gestapo in any circumstance. I don't have any issue with Karen not wearing a mask either, but I will point out she's a flaming hypocrite for pulling the "do as I say, not as I do" nonsense.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic