Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 13307

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:21 pm

Anyone that goes to work each day knowing they are exposing themselves to Covid to provide care, whatever that care may be, is absolutely a hero in my book. Especially each and every respiratory therapist that has to perform an intubation.

The people doing this work are doing nothing more than following treatment protocols and orders that others have instructed them to do. They are fully aware that what they are doing may only serve as comfort care.

Until you are willing to invest the time they have in getting educated in and then working in providing health care during a pandemic that has killed 52,000 people in the USA in just weeks, I suggest a giant helping of shut the f*** up.

The pedestal is well earned.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:31 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:50 am
bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:02 am
LL:

Even giving you every benefit of every doubt and trying to figure out the point that you are TRYING to make here, your assertions are still beyond insulting (and factually untrue).
He's not trying to make any point at all... he's a fucking troll.
This thread should have been closed after this response.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:35 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:12 pm
Perhaps, but it hasn't been determined if the remaining 12% were saved by the ventilator or not.

So we should experiment with not using the ventilators at all. See if the death rates go up or down?

When a patient is connected to a ventilator, it's because they can no longer breathe on their own. If a person can't breathe, they'll die a painful, agonizing death, Clorox notwithstanding.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:35 pm
So we should experiment with not using the ventilators at all. See if the death rates go up or down? When a patient is connected to a ventilator, it's because they can no longer breathe on their own. If a person can't breathe, they'll die a painful, agonizing death, Clorox notwithstanding.
The short answer is yes - but with alternative methods to provide support (basically keeping as much oxygen going into the patient as possible) for what the patient needs.

https://labblog.uofmhealth.org/health-t ... 9-patients

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:50 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:45 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:35 pm
So we should experiment with not using the ventilators at all. See if the death rates go up or down? When a patient is connected to a ventilator, it's because they can no longer breathe on their own. If a person can't breathe, they'll die a painful, agonizing death, Clorox notwithstanding.
The short answer is yes - but with alternative methods to provide support (basically keeping as much oxygen going into the patient as possible) for what the patient needs. My basic, untrained understanding is that many of the people going on vents are doing so as a way to get oxygen into their lungs - they are actually still able to breathe on their own but because of the disease in their lungs, normal aspiration isn't getting enough oxygen to their bodies.

https://labblog.uofmhealth.org/health-t ... 9-patients

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:51 pm

HD: That what I was saying. Oxygen is much less invasive method.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:00 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:53 pm
Howard Jones wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:21 pm
Anyone that goes to work each day knowing they are exposing themselves to Covid to provide care, whatever that care may be, is absolutely a hero in my book. Especially each and every respiratory therapist that has to perform an intubation.

The people doing this work are doing nothing more than following treatment protocols and orders that others have instructed them to do. They are fully aware that what they are doing may only serve as comfort care.

Until you are willing to invest the time they have in getting educated in and then working in providing health care during a pandemic that has killed 52,000 people in the USA in just weeks, I suggest a giant helping of shut the f*** up.

So I should praise people who are exposing themselves needlessly to people that can’t even help in order to render care that’s not effective.

Got it, Skippy!
But they are helping them and the care they are providing can at least ease the symptoms... you are one cold hearted lunatic...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:02 pm

The patient gets put on a ventilator as a very last resort, after oxygen alone has failed. I can't believe anyone is arguing that we ought to just leave the patient to die without trying the ventilator.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:03 pm

Yes. And it's clearly not needlessly. When someone comes in the ER there is no way to know what their future holds - going home or going on a vent and then likely leaving in a body bag. Facing that reality with actual human beings is clearly something you have zero understanding or knowledge of.

https://www.beaumont.org/health-wellness/coronavirus

The Beaumont system has discharged 2,294 people after providing inpatient care. Those live bodies speak to me about 1,000,000 times more than your unappreciative bullshit. I am proud to show them just how much the work they do means to our society.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:11 pm

LL has a long enemies list. It include Doctors, Nurses, Orderlies, Lab technicians, Cops, Union Members, Democrats, Women and Straight males.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:15 pm

Almost as long as yours, LOL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:16 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:02 pm
The patient gets put on a ventilator as a very last resort, after oxygen alone has failed. I can't believe anyone is arguing that we ought to just leave the patient to die without trying the ventilator.
Amen! Because everyone realizes that the mortality rate is sky high once a vent is required, the docs are working their tails off to provide more and more therapies that can make it so those vents are truly a last resort and improve the outcomes for many. These therapies are the absolute key to getting to a point where we can start relaxing a lot of the fear and need for ICU beds.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:49 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:48 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:00 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:53 pm
Howard Jones wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:21 pm

So I should praise people who are exposing themselves needlessly to people that can’t even help in order to render care that’s not effective.

Got it, Skippy!
But they are helping them and the care they are providing can at least ease the symptoms... you are one cold hearted lunatic...
So we’ve got people following orders to ease the process of people dying while exposing themselves to the risk of death themselves. These aren’t heroes. These are lunatics. That’s the textbook definition of asinine.
It’s the textbook definition of selfless.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:50 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:51 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:11 pm
LL has a long enemies list. It include Doctors, Nurses, Orderlies, Lab technicians, Cops, Union Members, Democrats, Women and Straight males.
A person liked by everyone stands for nothing.
You aren’t liked by anyone... and you stand for nothing... how bout that.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:49 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:43 am
Yet GM brags, “We’re saving lives by making ventilators!”

They should be saying, “We’re lowering people into graves slightly slower!”
Ventilators exist for a reason, otherwise they'd all be in dumpsters or at the resale shops.

Maybe for COVID they aren't a great solution (although it works for a small percentage of folks) but there are other diseases or medical procedures where they are necessary and are very effective. I'm sure the ventilators that GM is making will save lives.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic