Registrations in the queue through July 3 at 8:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
lovinlife101
Posts: 4785
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:46 am

All of you who think medical personnel are superheroes need to get your head examined.

They’re not “fighting the virus.” They’re not “stopping the virus.” They AREN’T DOING ANYTHING!

Here’s what’s going on right now.

If someone has COVID-19 symptoms and they go to the hospital, they simply stay there. The medical staff may get them water, feed them, ask them if they’re comfortable, but there’s no cure, and no treatment.

The patient either recovers or dies and the medical staff had nothing to do with either outcome.

STOP PUTTING PEOPLE ON PEDESTALS THAT DO NOTHING!!!



Rate This
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:58 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:46 am
All of you who think medical personnel are superheroes need to get your head examined.

They’re not “fighting the virus.” They’re not “stopping the virus.” They AREN’T DOING ANYTHING!

Here’s what’s going on right now.

If someone has COVID-19 symptoms and they go to the hospital, they simply stay there. The medical staff may get them water, feed them, ask them if they’re comfortable, but there’s no cure, and no treatment.

The patient either recovers or dies and the medical staff had nothing to do with either outcome.

STOP PUTTING PEOPLE ON PEDESTALS THAT DO NOTHING!!!
On the other hand there are things they can do for supportive care and there are things they can try to do to save the person. The biggest thing they are doing is being selfless enough to risk infecting themselves to help the patients.



bmw
Posts: 2066
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by bmw » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:02 am

LL:

Even giving you every benefit of every doubt and trying to figure out the point that you are TRYING to make here, your assertions are still beyond insulting (and factually untrue). I agree that society has lately been putting medical personnel on pedestals, and it may be debatable whether that is appropriate or not, but your claim that they "do nothing" is something that I suspect every single person in the hospital being treated for Coronavirus would vehemently disagree with.



User avatar
Motown322
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by Motown322 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:50 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:02 am
LL:

Even giving you every benefit of every doubt and trying to figure out the point that you are TRYING to make here, your assertions are still beyond insulting (and factually untrue).
He's not trying to make any point at all... he's a fucking troll.



lovinlife101
Posts: 4785
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am

Let me remind you:

There is no cure.

There is no treatment.

You either die or get better regardless of medical personnel. They freely admit it. It’s time the rest of us do too.



TC Shuts Up
Posts: 1030
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:41 am

I have been hearing for the last week or so that a lot of hospitals in large metropolitan areas are triaging older patients to a very low priority. So it's probably a matter of degree and semantics when they decide who lives and who dies. Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, Rahm's brother, insinuated a while back that no one over 75 should be saved, in so many words.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2019/0 ... th-living/

This is the plan if and when they get expansion of Medicare, it will become nearly useless for senior citizens, because they "cost to much for their usefulness to society". I've been hearing this for even longer. People and so called "leaders" advocate late term and after birth abortion, euthanasia, and people we used to respect like Bill Gates want to cause a large decrease in world population. They have no traditional morality.

If they expand Social Security to lower ages, expect benefits to not keep with inflation at the very least, even decrease. Save for retirement, and protect your assets at all costs.

I suggest that you lose weight, exercise, use portion control with good tasting food, if you can't just eat vegetables and eat kale chips. Limit alcohol and drug use, including dangerous OTCs like Acetominophen. Quit Smoking. Cut your PRN anxiety medication pills in half if they still work reasonably well. If you don't use marijuana, now is not the time to start. Stay on heart, blood pressure, diabetes, etc. medications as directed. But keep monitoring everything you can, and consult with your physician over the phone if it might be possible to reduce dose. Losing weight is the biggest factor, other than tobacco use, of getting a handle on your health. You will likely soon be on your own to stay healthy.

Stay out and get out of high risk areas if and when you are able. What difference does it make if you go to a hospital in a large metro area if they triage you to the lowest priority? You would do better in rural areas if you can stay reasonably healthy.

I have seen hostility toward older people by younger people increase exponentially over the years. It starts on this board with advocating that all radio formats for people over 50 should be eliminated and then playing some of the most horrible music in its place. It ends with euthanasia for everyone above a certain age.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 9 times in total.


Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4359
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:47 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am
Let me remind you:

There is no cure.

There is no treatment.

You either die or get better regardless of medical personnel. They freely admit it. It’s time the rest of us do too.
I partially agree. There are antibiotics that help with secondary infection, but being in the hospital itself probably isn't increasing your odds too much, in fact that they recycle medical supplies mean could be spreading things between patients. No thanks!

The medical workers are risking things anytime they are with an infectious patient, I think that deserves a lot respect, but it's what they signed up for too. I pray for them daily!

PS My cousin works for GE inspecting nuclear reactors. I think he is nuts, but it's what he signed up for...


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

lovinlife101
Posts: 4785
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:54 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:47 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am
Let me remind you:

There is no cure.

There is no treatment.

You either die or get better regardless of medical personnel. They freely admit it. It’s time the rest of us do too.
I partially agree. There are antibiotics that help with secondary infection, but being in the hospital itself probably isn't increasing your odds too much, in fact that they recycle medical supplies mean could be spreading things between patients. No thanks!

The medical workers are risking things anytime they are with an infectious patient, I think that deserves a lot respect, but it's what they signed up for too. I pray for them daily!

PS My cousin works for GE inspecting nuclear reactors. I think he is nuts, but it's what he signed up for...
They’re not saving anyone’s life that has COVID-19. Either the patient lives or dies regardless of medical care.

Nearly everyone in NYC put on a ventilator died. So when General Motors tries to tell you “we’re saving lives because we’re making ventilators!” they’re lying.



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3403
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:26 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am
Let me remind you:

There is no cure.

There is no treatment.

You either die or get better regardless of medical personnel. They freely admit it. It’s time the rest of us do too.

So, when you get it, stay away from the hospital. Don't waste their time.



User avatar
Lester The Nightfly
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:19 pm

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:38 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:26 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am
Let me remind you:

There is no cure.

There is no treatment.

You either die or get better regardless of medical personnel. They freely admit it. It’s time the rest of us do too.

So, when you get it, stay away from the hospital. Don't waste their time.
Better yet, mainline some Lysol per Trump*'s advice.



lovinlife101
Posts: 4785
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:26 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am
Let me remind you:

There is no cure.

There is no treatment.

You either die or get better regardless of medical personnel. They freely admit it. It’s time the rest of us do too.

So, when you get it, stay away from the hospital. Don't waste their time.
BINGO!

No reason to infect anyone else, especially people that can’t and won’t help you.



Rate This
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:21 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:28 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:26 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am
Let me remind you:

There is no cure.

There is no treatment.

You either die or get better regardless of medical personnel. They freely admit it. It’s time the rest of us do too.

So, when you get it, stay away from the hospital. Don't waste their time.
BINGO!

No reason to infect anyone else, especially people that can’t and won’t help you.
This was a specific request made of you.



lovinlife101
Posts: 4785
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:21 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:28 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:26 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am
Let me remind you:

There is no cure.

There is no treatment.

You either die or get better regardless of medical personnel. They freely admit it. It’s time the rest of us do too.

So, when you get it, stay away from the hospital. Don't waste their time.
BINGO!

No reason to infect anyone else, especially people that can’t and won’t help you.
This was a specific request made of you.
Why would anyone want to run the risk of infecting medical personnel, especially since they can’t help anyway? What did they ever do to you?



Rate This
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:05 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:45 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:21 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:28 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:26 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am
Let me remind you:

There is no cure.

There is no treatment.

You either die or get better regardless of medical personnel. They freely admit it. It’s time the rest of us do too.

So, when you get it, stay away from the hospital. Don't waste their time.
BINGO!

No reason to infect anyone else, especially people that can’t and won’t help you.
This was a specific request made of you.
Why would anyone want to run the risk of infecting medical personnel, especially since they can’t help anyway? What did they ever do to you?
That they can’t help in any way is bullshit. They can’t cure it but they can help.



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3403
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Medical personnel aren’t heroes, they aren’t doing anything

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:09 pm

Being hooked up to a ventilator by medical personnel has helped a lot of people make it through.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic