Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MSU develops rapid coronavirus test

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

MSU develops rapid coronavirus test

Post by Honeyman » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:37 pm

The censorship king from out of state.

audiophile

Re: MSU develops rapid coronavirus test

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:03 pm

Cool! It seems testing for farm stuff was useful for this tech.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:06 pm

And not a day to soon. Given the sexual proclivities of students and professors and other workers at MSU, they are quite likely to spread it to many others in a very dangerously effective manner.. Funny you mentioned farm animals. Seems like they arrested someone who worked at the vet clinic a year or so ago who was involved that way. And they are also so closely crammed in, especially in the newer dormitories off Hagadorn Rd., so this would quickly spread even to the nerds. /Only slight sarcasm intended.
Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:16 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:06 pm
And not a day to soon. Given the sexual proclivities of students and professors and other workers at MSU, they are quite likely to spread it to many others in a very dangerously effective manner.. Funny you mentioned farm animals. Seems like they arrested someone who worked at the vet clinic a year or so ago who was involved that way. And they are also so closely crammed in, especially in the newer dormitories off Hagadorn Rd., so this would quickly spread even to the nerds. /Only slight sarcasm intended.
Look, I have major issues with what has happened at MSU, but this would be incredible if this development can be rapidly deployed. Its out of line to take cheap shots at the institution in a time when students are largely not even on campus.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:29 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:16 pm
TC Shuts Up wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:06 pm
Look, I have major issues with what has happened at MSU, but this would be incredible if this development can be rapidly deployed. Its out of line to take cheap shots at the institution in a time when students are largely not even on campus.
I am talking mainly about the next wave that occurs when and if they ever return. If a family wants to see their kids safer, they should tell them to finish at mainly commuter colleges such as Oakland, UM-Dearborn, UM-Flint, SVSU, and Grand Valley and live at home. Perhaps some Community Colleges should expand their role for more advanced course offerings.

Don't get me wrong, UM-AA, CMU, WMU and other residential colleges are nearly as bad, as Petri dishes for disease spread. Except for abusing animals.

I am VERY serious about residential colleges being an ideal environment for the spread of disease. Forgot that they also have public transportation, also a factor in the spread.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:44 pm

So people should downgrade their educational career? Also, all these schools have the capacity to take on greater than 100k students?

You don't always think before you post, do?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Not all parents will be this wise. And it doesn't have to be a downgrade. The larger institutions are overrated. It may be the students, not the institution.

If all students are learning mainly online, then with standardized testing, it doesn't have to be a downgrade anyway.

I rag on MSU because so many students over the years squandered their opportunity and only ended up with marginally marketable degrees. I know many students who had to go back to school to get a marketable skill after getting a degree from MSU. They have greatly increased the role of institutions like Walsh College.

With the coronavirus crisis likely to continue, parents need to keep their children on a shorter metaphorical leash. As Bob Dylan said, "The times they are a changing".

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Colleges are bribing students to enroll next fall. Still say your kids are safer at commuter colleges. With so much on line and nationally standardized tests, what difference does it make?

https://www.aedaily.net/en/posts/desper ... cold-cash/

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:39 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:24 pm
Colleges are bribing students to enroll next fall. Still say your kids are safer at commuter colleges. With so much on line and nationally standardized tests, what difference does it make?

Where did you go? The University of Phoenix?

This article really has nothing to do with COVID...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:49 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:39 pm
TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Where did you go?
Be sure to take basket weaving:
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:04 pm

Sorry. I guess I turned into "The Hulk" when I saw "MSU". I remember that one of the favorite undergraduate activities on weekends back in the day used to be going to The Sceen Drive In Theater.

I also don't like it when their students and graduates insinuate that MSU is superior to my undergraduate institution.

As you might guess, I didn't go to MSU. The closest thing is that I visited the campus in the mid 1960s, went to a show or two at The Wharton Center, and attended seminars at The Kellogg Center.

I do respect the Veterinary College.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic