Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Administration Fails to Deliver COVID Response

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Trump Administration Fails to Deliver COVID Response

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:54 am

This is no surprise to most of us, but the Trump Patsies in here might want to realize that besides messing up the National Emergency Stockpile, all those wonderful promises he made when there was a state of emergency have not been moving forward.

Fire Fauci? He's the only one who is getting anything done.
NPR's Investigations Team dug into each of the claims made from the podium that day. And rather than a sweeping national campaign of screening, drive-through sample collection and lab testing, it found a smattering of small pilot projects and aborted efforts.

In some cases, no action was taken at all.

And a lauded Google project turned out not to be led by Google at all, and then once launched was limited to a smattering of counties in California.

The remarks in the Rose Garden highlighted the Trump administration's strategic approach: a preference for public-private partnerships. But as the White House defined what those private companies were going to do, in many cases it promised more than they could pull off.

"What became clear in the days and weeks or even in some cases the hours following that event was that they had significantly over-promised what the private sector was ready to do," said Jeremy Konyndyk, senior policy fellow at the Center for Global Development.

The White House declined to comment for this story.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Re: Trump Administration Fails to Deliver COVID Response

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:04 am

You mean the same Dr. Fauci who on Jan 26 said that the virus was a "low, low risk to the United States" and that it isn't as contagious as the seasonal flu and that Americans need not worry? That Dr. Fauci?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:14 am

No, I mean Trump who called this a "Hoax" and that everything would be back to normal by Easter.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:24 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:04 am
You mean the same Dr. Fauci who on Jan 26 said that the virus was a "low, low risk to the United States" and that it isn't as contagious as the seasonal flu and that Americans need not worry? That Dr. Fauci?
We also know that senators were receiving briefings In January and February scary enough to illegally sell stocks so I would take those pronouncements from Fauci in January especially if it was early January with a metric ton of salt.. it sounds like typical PR calm the people stuff. Trump and company could have come out organized, deputized and terrorized but they simply didn’t. They mounted an impotent attempt at getting messaging out and a narrative grew organically in its place.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:07 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:14 am
No, I mean Trump who called this a "Hoax" and that everything would be back to normal by Easter.
except he never actually said that. Either of those. He called the democrates version of his response a hoax not the virus itself. As to Easter that was always a hoped for target date that he always prefaced by saying the science of what was happening would dictate. Not really any different than when Gretchen Whitmer originally closed schools "until April 6".
On the other hand bmw gave us an actual link to Fauci making the statements he made.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:09 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:07 pm
TC Talks wrote:
except he never actually said that. Either of those. He called the democrates version of his response a hoax not the virus itself. As to Easter that was always a hoped for target date that he always prefaced by saying the science of what was happening would dictate. Not really any different than when Gretchen Whitmer originally closed schools "until April 6".
On the other hand bmw gave us an actual link to Fauci making the statements he made.
Trump had to be talked out of the Easter thing by all accounts. The real question is should he be opening his mouth and saying things like “it’ll be beautiful reopening just in time for Easter” Or should he wait until someone in the health community tells him its all good to say that? Mixed messaging can sometimes be a bad thing. Especially when you get people’s hopes up just because you’re impatient.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:16 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:24 pm
bmw wrote:
We also know that senators were receiving briefings In January and February scary enough to illegally sell stocks so I would take those pronouncements from Fauci in January especially if it was early January with a metric ton of salt.. it sounds like typical PR calm the people stuff. Trump and company could have come out organized, deputized and terrorized but they simply didn’t. They mounted an impotent attempt at getting messaging out and a narrative grew organically in its place.
The comments by Fauci were on January 26. As to the stock selling, 3 republicans and 1 democrat , one if them had a completely legitimate reason. As for the other 3 I don't think technically it was illegal. It didn't constitute insider trading on multiple levels.
1. it wasn't a specific company with specific information
2. the information in those briefings were not "facts" but "predictions".
3. the information surrounding the briefings were generally known by anybody who cared to watch the news.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:19 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:09 pm
craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Trump had to be talked out of the Easter thing by all accounts. The real question is should he be opening his mouth and saying things like “it’ll be beautiful reopening just in time for Easter” Or should he wait until someone in the health community tells him its all good to say that? Mixed messaging can sometimes be a bad thing. Especially when you get people’s hopes up just because you’re impatient.
did he get your hopes up? Anybody you know? Trump never had to "be talked out of the Easter thing by all accounts" because he was never more than hopeful. But feel free to give me links to those "all accounts".

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:31 pm

China's fault. Lied to Fauci. Lied to Trump. Created the virus in a lab. Intentionally or Accidentally released virus on the world. Intentionally sent affected people overseas, to Kennedy, LaGuardia, O'Hare, Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Spring breakers brought home from Florida. People who went to Mardi Gras brought it back from NOLA. Spread on public transportation, and close quartered public housing. The rest spread from there. Fauci said it was safe when this was going on. The world has should respond. But the US will be left holding the ball, as always.
Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:35 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:31 pm
China's fault. Lied to Fauci. Lied to Trump. Created the virus in a lab. Intentionally or Accidentally released virus on the world. Intentionally sent affected people overseas, to Kennedy, LaGuardia, O'Hare, Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Spring breakers brought home from Florida. People who went to Mardi Gras brought it back from NOLA. Spread on public transportation, and close quartered public housing. The rest spread from there. Fauci said it was safe when this was going on. The world has should respond. But the US will be left holding the ball, as always.

Read any good conspiracy theories lately?
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:51 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:16 pm
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
The comments by Fauci were on January 26. As to the stock selling, 3 republicans and 1 democrat , one if them had a completely legitimate reason. As for the other 3 I don't think technically it was illegal. It didn't constitute insider trading on multiple levels.
3. the information surrounding the briefings were generally known by anybody who cared to watch the news.
The transactions occurred after closed door meetings. That's a key point. I have an acquaintance that recently reached a settlement with the SEC over insider trading. It was not the information that was generally known by anybody who cared to watch the news that got them a six-figure fine and legal fees. It was trading on information held in closed door meetings.

Additionally, at what point does a prediction become a fact in terms of being actionable for being an illegal transaction? If you're privy to information that a company 'intends' to do something, does that mean it's legal to trade on that information because it has not yet been executed? I believe the SEC would think otherwise.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:09 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:19 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:09 pm
craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
did he get your hopes up? Anybody you know? Trump never had to "be talked out of the Easter thing by all accounts" because he was never more than hopeful. But feel free to give me links to those "all accounts".
Did you flip to simply being a shill or something? You are usually much more measured but if you were standing in front of me this sort of thing would come off as screaming at me. We can have a respectful conversation if you want but not the browbeating. Knock it off.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:23 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Those senators are under ethics investigations now.. they traded on the meetings which is blatantly illegal. One of them went right out and bought stock in a company that makes vaccines and another in a company that makes PPE... pretty damn black and white. They also sold stock in companies that stood to lose in a recession. It’d be a hell of a coincidence for one of them to guess that right but 4? C’mon Craig use your head.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:28 pm

I'm not a shill and don't much like Trump. Neither does half of America (or more). So the notion that when he does his cheerleader stuff he is giving false hope I don't think hold water.
And the quote that "No, I mean Trump who called this a "Hoax" and that everything would be back to normal by Easter." is provably false.
All I want is accurate statements especially when your blasting anybody. Blast them for legitimate reasons.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:23 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
Those senators are under ethics investigations now.. they traded on the meetings which is blatantly illegal. One of them went right out and bought stock in a company that makes vaccines and another in a company that makes PPE... pretty damn black and white. They also sold stock in companies that stood to lose in a recession. It’d be a hell of a coincidence for one of them to guess that right but 4? C’mon Craig use your head.
I am using my head...only one of those guys is in potential trouble that would be Richard Burr. Mark my words he is the only guy who can't explain his actions easily.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic