Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

15% infected?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

15% infected?

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:49 am

https://spectator.us/covid-antibody-tes ... tion-rate/

I have to admit I haven't been feeling 100% for about a month (very mild sore throat over a long period, a couple of headaches, a few days of burning eyes, very slight dry cough for a week). While I'm not aware of having any allergies, I was wondering if might have been that. Of course increased of cleaning products might cause some of these symptoms too.

On the other hand, there is three known paths to people with Corona virus:

One is 4 persons removed (recovered corona virus)
One is 3 persons removed. (died from corona virus)
One is 2 persons removed. (recovered corona virus)

None of the middle persons are known to be infected or significantly symptomatic. So what's the chances many of us already had it and didn't know?

I know I seemed to turn a corner when I went out and spent some time in the sun. Maybe we should taking vitamin D supplements. People with darker skin probably even bigger problems with low Vitamin D.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Re: 15% infected?

Post by Bryce » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:04 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:49 am

I know I seemed to turn a corner when I went out and spent some time in the sun. Maybe we should taking vitamin D supplements. People with darker skin probably even bigger problems with low Vitamin D.
BINGO! Why do you think many viruses peter out in the summer months?

Do take a Vitamin D supplement and get as much exposure to the sun as possible.
Do eat foods high in Zinc activators – Quercetin & Epigallocatechin
Do eat foods high in zinc.
Do eat foods with natural pre and probiotics.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:39 am

Every time seasonal allergies and regular colds cause ambiguous "symptoms", people get anxious.

Almost every day, there is a new symptom or sign that is promoted as being indicative of coronavirus. After a day or two, most of these stories just disappear. It would be helpful if they came out with a statement on which of these symptoms are truly indicative and which to wait and see.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:18 am

It sounds like fever along with a dry cough are the only two you really have to worry about. Most other symptoms are signs of a cold or allergy.

Unless, of course, you have a co-infection. I still haven't heard much of anything on whether you can have the coronavirus and a cold or seasonal flu at the same time.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:34 am

Here's the problem - if your doctor feels that the symptoms you have warrant a test for the flu, there are 11 different test processes available in the office that yield results in 10-15 minutes. This can affect how your health care provider treats your illness.
The CDC website wrote:If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and want to get tested, try calling your state or local health department or a medical provider. While supplies of these tests are increasing, it may still be difficult to find a place to get tested.
And it's not that YOU might have the disease, it's how easy it is for you to shed the virus to others that might not survive the disease as easy as you will.

Stay safe and quit trying to game the system.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:44 am

I wore my N99+ mask to store today. I was 4th customer of day.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic