Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It is time for some sanctuary cities

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

It is time for some sanctuary cities

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:55 pm

Liberals LOVE sanctuary cities.

I say it is time for some conservative sanctuary cities: cities that are sanctuaries from Dictator Whitmer's executive orders - local officials saying that they're not going to enforce shelter-in-place - that rather, they will enforce nothing more than the CDC's recommendations.

If liberals can have their sanctuary cities where illegal aliens are protected without consequence to the officials running those cities, why not allow conservatives to do the same?

Gun control doesn't keep you safe from criminals; it keeps criminals safe from you.

TC Talks

Re: It is time for some sanctuary cities

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:20 pm

So, one concept helps keep people safe, the other concept risks the lives of everybody who has to clean up the mess you leave.

Actually, "I'm feeling lucky town" sounds like a great idea if you can't leave once you arrive. It actually would get a bunch of the "Rollin Coal" douchebags out of our area. Maybe doctors can "choose" who gets healthcare based on your respect of the safety rules.

My only request? Invite Trump and Pence to join you.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:55 pm
Liberals LOVE sanctuary cities.

I say it is time for some conservative sanctuary cities: cities that are sanctuaries from Dictator Whitmer's executive orders - local officials saying that they're not going to enforce shelter-in-place - that rather, they will enforce nothing more than the CDC's recommendations.

If liberals can have their sanctuary cities where illegal aliens are protected without consequence to the officials running those cities, why not allow conservatives to do the same?
From the creators of “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous” comes “Cities for the Naive and Simple”...

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:54 pm

I personally have no issue with Stay At Home Orders, or whatever the government in a given area calls them. The less people together, the less the virus spreads. Is it a pain in the ass? Yes. In the long run will it ruin your personal life? Not talking about jobs, just you personally. No. Is it helping? Evidence from around the world and here in the states point to yes. If you don't want to follow them, go for it. But as always there will be a price to pay. Are you willing to pay it?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:20 pm
So, one concept helps keep people safe, the other concept risks the lives of everybody who has to clean up the mess you leave.
Just like a real sanctuary city!
Actually, "I'm feeling lucky town" sounds like a great idea if you can't leave once you arrive. It actually would get a bunch of the "Rollin Coal" douchebags out of our area. Maybe doctors can "choose" who gets healthcare based on your respect of the safety rules.
So in your opinion, following the CDC guidelines isn't good enough?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:56 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:54 pm
In the long run will it ruin your personal life? Not talking about jobs, just you personally. No.
So are you suggesting that one's career is completely separable from and has no impact on one's personal life?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:03 pm

For me ZZ, my "career" is a job. My life is my family and friends.

It is rewarding to have skills and be acknowledged with income, but it's not worth being dead or risking other people.

BMW has never really seemed to think about humanity as much as his own interests.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:03 pm
BMW has never really seemed to think about humanity as much as his own interests.
That's total BS. I just happen to think that your big-government strategy isn't working and is actually doing MORE damage to humanity in the long-run.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:29 pm

How much experience do you have dealing with those that "Big Government" is helping?

The issue I see is that one size doesn't fit all, and trying to provide accommodations for everyone gets complicated. But I see the "systems" working for the people who they are intended for. I see the bystanders often not capable of understanding the perspective of those who benefit and feeling entitled to bitch about it.

I see you as someone who is out for himself and fuck everyone else. We're all happy you are self sufficient, but if you were really concerned about the money the government is wasting, you'd be all over wasteful military spending.

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:33 pm

TC Talks wrote:

What are you rolling?

Rolling coal is some folks flavor of fun, less of an issue for air quality than what do for fun.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:59 pm

All I wanted was an answer about your personal life, without taking your job, career, into account. Add that and of course the answer is yes but without it, there is little to hurt you personally by staying home and not giving the virus another body to help spread it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:11 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:33 pm
TC Talks wrote:

What are you rolling?

Rolling coal is some folks flavor of fun, less of an issue for air quality than what do for fun.
It’s their fun but on the level of a 3 year old playing with a light switch...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:45 pm

Fixes tailgaters quickly and saves them from those sudden crashes.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:40 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:45 pm
Fixes tailgaters quickly and saves them from those sudden crashes.
Or in a cloud of smoke might cause a sudden crash...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:49 pm

One little puff is all that needed. I never drove modified vehicles, just the way it was.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic