Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Faith in God vs. Science?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Faith in God vs. Science?

Post by screen glare » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:10 am

In this latest pandemic as much of the world’s population prays to God/Gods for a vaccine or other treatment to eradicate COVID-19 a portion of THE FAITHFUL (not atheists) are waging a war against each other. It’s the mean-spirited “prayer versus science” fight.

In one example - you currently see this war manifesting here in The United States - among Christians. As certain clergy are encouraging their groupies to prove their faith in God - by shunning public health safety rules and physically gathering together to pray.

One example - in Florida a protestant Christian “mega-church” pastor was arrested for defying county rules to stop the spread of Coronavirus - and going ahead with his well-attended Sunday service. Offering a way to prove ones faith in God by ignoring science.

In a similar case - of proposed civil disobedience - another pastor is encouraging all to attend his “Easter Blowout” in Pennsylvania - that he predicts will rival Woodstock. Again offering a way to prove ones faith in God by ignoring science.

Thankfully - most Christians - Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant - credit God for inspiring humans to recognized through The Scientific Method the laws of the universe - in physics, chemistry, biology, cosmology, etc. and utilize this knowledge to further serve one another with love.

For the faithful - science and prayer are not in conflict. Instead - scientific discoveries and breakthroughs are an answer from God to prayers.

Where one gets into trouble is following power-seeking individuals
who have no intention of serving others with love - but instead to be served. Served quantities of fame, glamor, money.

Deleted User 24

Re: Faith in God vs. Science?

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:18 am

In the words of the immortal Maxwell Q. Klinger: "Trust in God but tie up your camel".

I support your right to believe in whatever superstitions you like. But I resent beyond anything I could tell you that some of these assclowns will become ill after attending these services, then go to our overburdened health care system and expect treatment. Meanwhile, people who did as doctors and scientists advised and still became ill will be fighting for their lives and competing with these fools for care.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:37 pm

Science says abortion/miscarriage terminates life.

Which is why I would not select abortion were I a pregnant female.

However it is a personal decision made by the pregnant female, unless it’s termination via a “miscarriage.” In that case it’s an act of God. Or Mother Nature. Or whatever you believe has suddenly terminated that life in the womb.

Legal or illegal, assisted or DIY, abortion will always be with us.
Unless of course you imprison each pregnant female until she delivers and monitor her constantly over the nine months.

Come to think of it - those prison guards could be the committed buttinsky busy bodies, enforcers, and fanatics like you, LL101. The guy who thrills thinking about your personal freedoms, yet wants to control pregnant female’s bodies.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:57 pm

None yuh

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:03 am

Is carrying out the death penalty murder?

If your 14-year old daughter or sister is raped and becomes pregnant - should she be allowed to obtain an abortion? And is it murder?

What about if it’s you who are a pregnant female carrying your father’s baby? Do you support abortion in the case of incest? And is it murder?

Do you support euthanasia for terminal disease sufferers who are in so much pain they are begging to die? And is it murder?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:01 am

Each posting you dive deeper into your muddy-minded backwater.

At this point - it’s probably time to write one of your desperate fantasy scripts - where you literally type a few lines speaking for others - in an imaginary puppet show.

Theatre of The Absurd 2.0

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:01 am

Yankel, an old pious Jew, observant all his life and living a life of poverty, one day in his morning prayers petitions God. “God,” he rises and prays, “All my life I have been an observant Jew. I have lived according to your Torah and your commandments, faithfully praying every day, observing Shabbat and all the festivals, keeping strictly kosher, giving what I can in charity. I have lived my life as a poor person, I have never had much. And while I have always been grateful for what I do have, and I have never asked you for much, would it be possible, just once, as I near the end of my life, that I win the lottery?” And with that he sits down.

Every morning, Yankel offers up the same prayer to God, to win the lottery. And each evening he goes to sleep having not won.

Weeks and months pass, and the same routine. Yankel prays to win the lottery each morning, and goes to sleep each night having not won. His mood turns from hopeful, to disappointed, to angry.

On the anniversary of his request, Yankel angrily addresses God: “Ruler of the Universe! One year ago today and every day since I made a simple request! I never asked you for anything my whole life, and now, just once I ask you for something. Why have you denied me this? Why have you not allowed me to win the lottery?!”

A booming voice from Heaven calls out: “Nu, Yankel, buy a ticket!”
Why does everyone insist God and science be separate? Don't Christians believe God works thru people? Sitting around and praying without "buying a ticket" gets you nowhere.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:18 pm

I look at this a little like the old joke about the person trapped on their roof during a flood who when each time a boat or raft was sent for their rescue turned it down saying "God will provide". After they were swept away to their death they spoke to God in heaven asking why he allowed them to drown and God said "I sent you boats and rafts, what else was I supposed to do?"

Fauci and others have said stay in place, mask up, wash your hands. In this case God might say "I sent you Fauci..."

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:20 pm

Agree.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic