Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The End Of Mom And Pop Business?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: The End Of Mom And Pop Business?

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:23 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:46 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:06 pm
audiophile wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:23 pm
That was pretty uncompassionate and snarky.
But all true... they’ve thought of all this already...
not so fast:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN21L1EG
Being prepared for downturns by SAVING is another thing good business owners do. A lot of these business seem to run paycheck to paycheck as it were. That’s not responsible.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:07 pm

But the government is not telling us when things will re-open, whether it'll be 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years. They're not even giving us CRITERIA that will be used to make such a decision. Business owners can't easily plan for the completely unknown.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:23 am

Being prepared for downturns by SAVING is another thing good business owners do. A lot of these business seem to run paycheck to paycheck as it were. That’s not responsible.
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Me thinks someone has never started, ran or grown a business or company of any kind.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:31 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:32 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:23 am

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Me thinks someone has never started, ran or grown a business or company of any kind.
So companies don’t typically have reserves of any kind?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic