Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The End Of Mom And Pop Business?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: The End Of Mom And Pop Business?

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:30 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:20 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:41 pm

His rant was really nonsensical.
His statements made perfect sense. Does a restaurant in Alpena County, which has zero cases, need to be closed? Or could they maybe be allowed to operate with certain safe-guards?

Having employers act as a middle man for un employment checks is plain stupid.
Essentially they aren’t acting as middlemen. They’ve just extended benefits to those that were fourloughed because of this. The employers have no real part in the money going from A-B...

As for the Alpena county example. I’m sure they’d love for the summer folks to flee to their cabins from down state and bring this with them. Cases in Alpena county would increase greatly. The healthcare system up there is not equipped to handle a crush of people with this. Essentially the order tries to keep the people in the infected areas there and keep the non-infected folks from going anywhere. Closing it state wide stops people from going several counties away to use services and spread it. You guys act like folks who have dedicated their entire lives to preparing for and studying these kinds of situations don’t know what they are doing. It’s kind of worrying.

I like how Levin was trying to say the media isn’t covering Trumps news conferences... I get daily alerts that it’s happening. It airs every night on the local stations... what the fuck is that screaming whack job talking about?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:11 pm

BMW, let us know when you file Chapter 11. Maybe Lester and I will buy up some of your assets and rescue your employees from what has to be draconian leadership.

Unless you have the shittiest accountants in the world, I know of three programs that will ensure you end up just fine. It will be ok, the US is spending Trillions to insure it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:23 pm

That was pretty uncompassionate and snarky.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:26 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:23 pm
He's acting like it's the end of the world. I've been through the PPP, SBA diaster grants and bank deferment plans. It's not that hard to work through this.

Maybe nobody told him the AM radio tools like Levin are paid to keep people afraid.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:38 pm

So explain it to him then.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:20 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:21 pm
I forgot to ask earlier... exactly how would you do a public discussion lacking both time (this is an emergency) and with the fact that such an effort would be a clusterfuck considering how many small businesses there are. You wanted them to gather data and have a discussion about something that requires immediate action. That’s pretty unworkable stuff.
That's the discussion that should be happening RIGHT NOW so that when April-whatever rolls around and it is time to (inevitably) extend some form of a shelter-in-place order, the extension can lift SOME restrictions. I fear that Governor Whitmer intends to extend these restrictions for at least another 2 months before we're even talking about lifting stuff.
She is asking for a 70-day extension from legislature.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:06 pm

audiophile wrote:
But all true... they’ve thought of all this already...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:09 pm

There's always money in the banana stand...

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:11 pm
BMW, let us know when you file Chapter 11. Maybe Lester and I will buy up some of your assets and rescue your employees from what has to be draconian leadership.

Unless you have the shittiest accountants in the world, I know of three programs that will ensure you end up just fine.
Not that it is anybody's business in here, but to clarify a few things:
-My business is completely exempt from Governor Whitmer's executive orders and I am deemed essential;
-I have no employees; I'm a one-man show;
-I do my own accounting.
It will be ok, the US is spending Trillions to insure it.
And just where exactly is all this money coming from? The government is almost literally growing it on trees. Magical money.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:14 pm

Maybe TCT has money plant, among other things, growing in his back yard.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:27 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:10 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:11 pm

Unless you have the shittiest accountants in the world, I know of three programs that will ensure you end up just fine.
-My business is completely exempt from Governor Whitmer's executive orders and I am deemed essential;
-I do my own accounting.
It will be ok, the US is spending Trillions to insure it.
And just where exactly is all this money coming from? The government is almost literally growing it on trees. Magical money.
Oddly it has been said that it’s literally just zeros on a desktop somewhere. Add and subtract at will from the debt.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:42 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:09 pm
There's always money in the banana stand...
Excellent

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:50 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:10 pm
-I do my own accounting.

If you have an extra minute, read about debt as a stabilizing tool in an uncertain economy. Science and now data has proven that this is a serious threat to life and that stay in place is producing results. Debt has recently been used twice to stabilize our economy. The first time was a result of lack of regulation in the banking industry, and now it's an action of nature. In a decade it will be a costal crisis. I guess I don't take your concern about the national debt too seriously when it has grown at an unprecedented rate with Dickweed in office and you haven't said a word until now. I just think you don't like being told what to do, even if it is for your and the country's betterment.

― Noam Chomsky

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:51 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:41 pm
audiophile wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:02 pm
bmw wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:29 pm
Most will survive if these draconian measures are lifted soon. If you can't survive will closed down for 1 month, you were probably on the verge of going belly-up anyways. If this goes on much longer than into mid-April, then there's going to be real problems.

Now, I'm not a big fan of Mark Levin, but last night he spelled out my thoughts almost to a tee.

Jump to about 1:35

Well stated Mr. Levin!
His rant was really nonsensical. He reaffirmed his status as a screaming fool. That’s about all that was there. No acknowledgement of why this is being done... he completely omitted that part of it. Then he assailed the logic around the temporary unemployment even though that logic is sound all while missing the bigger picture that this is the trigger but NOT the cause. He’s an idiot. Getting businesses to adjust would be largely unworkable... nobody wants to be out with this going on. That ship has sailed. Opening up at this juncture would just run these companies into the ground in short order. They all closed because demand isn’t there. If governors hadn’t decreed it first they’d be there now anyways. At least this is orderly.
Well stated by Rate This.

The conservative news outlets in this country are the ultimate fake news media.

They twist and malign facts to the point where they construde their opinion as the fact.

Mark Levin is no genius. He's been running that same schtick on his radio show for the past few days too. His less then profound perceptions that government deficit spending won't grow the the economy or listing the countless essential jobs continuing through the pandemic. "Well done Mark, hey what are you gonna say next? Water is wet??? Grass is green???"

This guy drones on like an old man at a corner bar desperate that someone is paying attention.

And Hannity isn't anything more than an entertainer who stole his whole act from Limbaugh.
Pandering to entertain his target audiance to keep his salary rolling in. Hannity is one one of the highest paid in radio just behind the other entertainers like Howard Stern and Ryan Seacrest. Hannity

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:46 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:06 pm
audiophile wrote:
But all true... they’ve thought of all this already...
not so fast:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN21L1EG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic