Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Government’s solution to everything

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Government’s solution to everything

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:21 pm

What concerns me more than the fact that government behaves this way is the fact that too many people actually believe that the government is and/or should be the solution to literally every single problem we as a society face. This pandemic is a perfect example of this. Now to Trump's credit, the federal guidelines aren't oppressive and he's actually cutting some red tape for private businesses to assist in aiding in fixing the crisis. State governors, however, are another story entirely. Too many have concluded that the POLITICALLY CORRECT answer for their state is to just shut everything down. And to anyone who believes that Whitmer's decisions aren't at least in-part politically motivated, I have a bridge to sell you.

Gun control doesn't keep you safe from criminals; it keeps criminals safe from you.

Rate This

Re: Government’s solution to everything

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:03 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:21 pm
What concerns me more than the fact that government behaves this way is the fact that too many people actually believe that the government is and/or should be the solution to literally every single problem we as a society face. This pandemic is a perfect example of this. Now to Trump's credit, the federal guidelines aren't oppressive and he's actually cutting some red tape for private businesses to assist in aiding in fixing the crisis. State governors, however, are another story entirely. Too many have concluded that the POLITICALLY CORRECT answer for their state is to just shut everything down. And to anyone who believes that Whitmer's decisions aren't at least in-part politically motivated, I have a bridge to sell you.
They did the same kinds of things in 1918. Cry me a river.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic