Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Florida Kristian Asshole in Jail

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: Florida Kristian Asshole in Jail

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:41 pm

I don't like abortion either. I believe it's wrong. But if your courts have given women that right, I don't see how you can use a public health crisis as an excuse to take away that right.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:59 pm

Let's get back to the guy in jail in Florida. Anyone like him needs to go away.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:56 am

I want to preface this by saying I was going to church every Sunday. I love the Lord. Currently during this crisis, my church livestreams our Pastor all by his lonesome every Sunday. The way it should be. And at my church, there are several mechanisms in place to continue to pay our tithes and offerings. Online. A drop box on the church porch, etc.

And this pastor in Florida could be doing the same. He already livestreams. He already, before the crisis started, was doing it.
And it is beyond irresponsible that he is having service. If someone that attends one of those services, even of their own free will, catches the Corona, I think he is liable. He should of known better. There was no reason to gather.

I have a theory why he (and some other churches) are doing it. Show me the money. I ponder what percentage of his churches income is from folks who only give when they show up? When they don't come to church, they don't donate another way? It's really the only reason I can think of as to why a church would continue to have services. Close the door and lose your income stream.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:56 am

He is testing God. Bible verses say don’t do that.

He is saying to attendees - come here to my “mega-theatre-called-church” and display your faith that God will protect you from this virus.

He is saying to God - I’m inviting people to disobey science-trusting health authorities - and instead believe me - because I know you God will protect them from sickness and death. I’m giving you a chance to prove your power to my flock and the world!

Uh, Mr. Minister? Scientific research with inspiration, trial, and breakthrough IS an answer to prayer. Just sayin’, Preacherman.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:16 am

bmw - I do not believe the fetus is equivalent to private property as you state about me on this thread.

As I stated on this board in another thread earlier - were I female I would not choose abortion. I would not choose to terminate a pregnancy.

I said what the pregnant female chooses to do with her body is her private decision. Nobody can make the inescapable decision to carry/deliver, or abort, except each and every pregnant female.

I also have asked you and all anti-abortion folks on this board to come up with a workable plan to stop all abortions - legal or not - DIY/assisted/or act of God “miscarriage”. Nobody can come up with such a plan. Why? Because abortion will always be with us.

You could place each pregnant female on 24/7/365 monitored imprisonment until delivery. But that might not be workable. And short of that - how will you or anyone ever stop abortion?

Abortion will always be with us.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:07 am

screen glare wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:16 am
Here's a challenge--three of them, actually--to everyone on this board.

1. Give a nonreligious reason why safe, medically supervised abortion shouldn't be legal.

2. Give a nonreligious reason why safe, medically supervised stem cell research shouldn't be legal.

3. Give a nonreligious reason why 2 persons of the same sex should be forbidden to marry each other.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:30 am

screen glare wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:16 am
bmw - I do not believe the fetus is equivalent to private property as you state about me on this thread.

As I stated on this board in another thread earlier - were I female I would not choose abortion. I would not choose to terminate a pregnancy.

I said what the pregnant female chooses to do with her body is her private decision. Nobody can make the inescapable decision to carry/deliver, or abort, except each and every pregnant female.

I also have asked you and all anti-abortion folks on this board to come up with a workable plan to stop all abortions - legal or not - DIY/assisted/or act of God “miscarriage”. Nobody can come up with such a plan. Why? Because abortion will always be with us.

You could place each pregnant female on 24/7/365 monitored imprisonment until delivery. But that might not be workable. And short of that - how will you or anyone ever stop abortion?

Just so we're clear, here is your exact quote (March 6 of this year):
No matter. Bottom line is - majority opinion of US population - including females - is pro choice.

And in a very plain way - THAT majority opinion will over rule Roberts, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dumb Trump, and any other human who tries to stop American females from controlling their own private property - their bodies. And their lives.

As plain as plain can be.
Ok, so you said a woman's body is her own "private property." The clear implication here, given your stance on abortion, is that the fetus contained therein is part of a woman's body, and thus, "private property."

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:08 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:07 am
[

1. Give a nonreligious reason why safe, medically supervised abortion shouldn't be legal.

I'll handle number one.

Once there is a heartbeat you have a human being. Maybe not self supporting, but a being nonetheless. Aborting a being is murder, pure and simple.

A court decision confirms this.
after seven days of deliberation that involved the replacement of two jurors, Scott Peterson was convicted of the first-degree murder of his wife and the second-degree murder of his unborn son.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:10 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:08 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:07 am
[

I'll handle number one.

Once there is a heartbeat you have a human being. Maybe not self supporting, but a being nonetheless. Aborting a being is murder, pure and simple.

A court decision confirms this.
after seven days of deliberation that involved the replacement of two jurors, Scott Peterson was convicted of the first-degree murder of his wife and the second-degree murder of his unborn son.
What court? What jurisdiction? Needs context.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:27 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:10 pm

What court? What jurisdiction? Needs context.
Even the Peoples Republic of California considers the termination of a fetus past eight weeks to be murder.
Arraignment in Stanislaus County Superior Court before Judge Nancy Ashley. Peterson is charged with two felony counts of murder with premeditation and special circumstances. Peterson pleads not guilty.
- Under California law, the special circumstance allows the prosecution to seek the death penalty. There are two counts because of California's fetal homicide statute, any fetus -- meaning eight weeks of development and onward -- is considered an equal victim.
https://www.cnn.com/2013/10/15/us/scott ... index.html

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:35 pm

It's a weak argument (state law, only applicable in California), but at least you made it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:11 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:35 pm
It's a weak argument (state law, only applicable in California), but at least you made it.
Don't you wonder why this law hasn't been challenged to the SCOTUS?

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:42 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:11 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
I'll leave that to greater legal minds than yours or mine.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:48 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:11 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
It would never be the primary charge... challenging it if you get the death penalty would have no point.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:43 pm

Looks like Florida's Governor is giving him a free pass.

Florida Follows Others in Allowing Church Amid Stay-Home Order

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed a stay-at-home order after weeks of rejecting calls for such a measure. But like other mandates ranging from New York to New Mexico, it ensures that Floridians can still attend religious services.

The carve-out for houses of worship comes as authorities across the U.S. have cited religious leaders for violating social-distancing guidelines meant to blunt the spread of the new coronavirus. One pastor was charged in Hillsborough County, Florida, which encompasses Tampa, for defying a county stay-at-home order.

“This virus doesn’t discriminate -- it endangers people whether they gather for religious or secular purposes, and it puts entire communities at risk,” Rachel Laser, president and chief executive officer of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, said in a statement Tuesday.

DeSantis made the exception as he became the latest state leader to put statewide restrictions on movement, finally giving in after shrugging off criticism for weeks. His order comes after similar steps Tuesday in Texas, another late mover that made an exception for religious worship. Michigan imposed a stay-at-home order with a religious carve-out effective March 24.

Religious gatherings were also exempted from Ohio’s stay-at-home order, issued Sunday by Republican Governor Mike DeWine. Solid Rock, an Ohio megachurch whose Cincinnati location hosted an event for evangelical supporters of President Donald Trump last month, held an in-person service Sunday and said on its website that it would exert a constitutional right to continue meeting.

Other states that allow some exemption for religious services include Delaware, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, according to the Center for American Progress.

In Florida, Covid-19 cases have been surging, and researchers are concerned the state could suffer one of America’s highest death counts, in part because of its large 65-and-older community.

DeSantis altered his stance after Trump extended social-distancing guidelines through the end of the month and acknowledged grim predictions for the weeks ahead. The White House now projects the virus could kill between 100,000 and 240,000 Americans.

Vice President Mike Pence told ABC’s “Nightline” on Wednesday that people shouldn’t attend church services of more than 10 worshippers.

The Florida order goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. Friday and will be similar to guidelines already issued in Miami-Dade County, the state’s top population center.

“This thing is really nasty,” DeSantis said Wednesday. “It’s something that’s caused a lot of harm to a lot of people, and I think that we need to have all levers going.”

For weeks, DeSantis took only incremental steps, allowing crowds in some parts of the state to flock to beaches and flout social-distancing guidelines. He said he opposed using a “blunt instrument” such as a stay-at-home order, arguing that conditions varied widely across the large state of 21.5 million.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... home-order

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic