Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Complete national shutdown/quarantine starting Monday

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Complete national shutdown/quarantine starting Monday

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:44 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:38 pm
In the comedy that is a Trump press conference, there are the usual lies about how everything will be normal in a few weeks. There was no reference to any shutdown.
It won't be normal till fall at the earliest. It won't be wake up one day and flip a switch especially in travel, hospitality and etc. Anything with groups will be in severe pain for years.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:01 pm

President is on NBC right now.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:07 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:01 pm
President is on NBC right now.
Yes he is. He rambles as usual. Biden misspeaks but still at least he’s understandable. Trump is so meandering and hard to understand...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:15 pm

He's not that hard to understand. Try sticking your ear into a radio pull a weak signal from over the pond.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:17 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:15 pm
He's not that hard to understand. Try sticking your ear into a radio pull a weak signal from over the pond.
He speaks clear enough.. the words are rambling and incoherent... His answer on did he sell stock which has taken 5 minutes now has made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

From a couple days ago:
When we need something because of the act. When we need something, we order something and as you know, two days ago I invoked the act, which was a big step. I’m not sure that it had been done before, certainly not very much and when we need something, we will use the act. What has happened is before we even go out, many, many companies, great companies, companies in a totally different business are willing to do things and make things because that’s what they do, they make product. They’re willing to make product for us, medical product that we need very badly for the States that the States can’t get, they haven’t been able to get. And you know most of the States in no way did they do anything wrong. They were stocked up, they were all equipped. Unfortunately they’ve never had a thing like this. So they need help from the federal government.

Or:
Well I can just say, the entire world is agreeing with us because, they all have their choice and everybody’s doing the exact same thing. We want to shut it out and we can do that and we’ll see what happens in two weeks and three weeks. But if we can save thousands of lives and even millions of lives potentially, you don’t know where it goes, but you could be talking about millions of lives. So if you look at the the world, I mean you have some very smart people in the world. You have some smart leaders in the world and everybody’s doing it the way we’re doing it. I think we’re doing a better job than hopefully most, if not all, we’re doing a very effective job, but we’ll know better in 14 or 15 days. But you know, you’re talking about hundreds of thousands and maybe more than that numbers of people and you know, we can bring our finances back very quickly. We can’t bring the people back
This isn't up to the standard of a world leader. It's not even worth the $450,000 salary he didn't take.
Last edited by Rate This on Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:17 pm

This Press Conference is the most dumbfounding display of asshattery, but his tan is AMAZING.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:57 pm

If this site is anywhere near on point.... we are in for a rough ride.
https://covidactnow.org/

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:54 pm

tapeisrolling wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:57 pm
If this site is anywhere near on point.... we are in for a rough ride.
https://covidactnow.org/
An unbelievably rough ride... not over till mid June at least with just social distancing or the 3 month shelter in place... good grief.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic