Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:57 am

Radio Sucks wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:15 am
What studies?
[/quote]

https://www.justfacts.com/news_poorest_ ... han_europe
The Poorest 20% of Americans Are Richer on Average Than Most Nations of Europe

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:23 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:53 am
...and with that, SG's argument has been dissected, crushed, cut up, pulverized and thrown away.
To someone who is profiteering from the "anti-abortion" economy. To the law and those of us who respect it, women have the choice.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:46 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:57 am
Radio Sucks wrote:
What studies?

https://www.justfacts.com/news_poorest_ ... han_europe

The Poorest 20% of Americans Are Richer on Average Than Most Nations of Europe
Interesting article that makes some important points. Thanks.

However, let's talk about living wages. In a large midwestern state capital where I live, the average two bedroom apartment costs over $1,000 per month. Food costs (not counting "eating out:) run somewhere around $600/month for a small family. Owning a car is a minimum of $750/month. And a one year old child add another $1,500 per month cost. Assuming these figures are inflated by 20%, that still requires over $3000 AFTER TAXES each month. The average 27 year old in America is earring about $3000 per month BEFORE TAXES.

And I'm willing to abandon this discussion as talking about how much it cost should not justify killing it... but it does cost more than one mid 20's wage earner in American brings home to raise a small family.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:02 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:18 pm
The consequences of abortion should be left to God. As for the law, life begins at birth (or 26 weeks based on court decisions) so to call an abortion murder is just ignorant.

Row v Wade protects this medical procedure but if having an abortion conflicts with your faith, don't have one.

What is left to discuss?

(Rate This, I have had this poster on ignore shortly after it's first post in the Political forum. You'll never look back.)
What happens at 26 weeks or birth to magically transform the clump of cells into a human? Do sparkles and a tingling noise accompany this event, like when Cinderella transformed into the belle of the ball?

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:06 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:23 am
audiophile wrote:
...and with that, SG's argument has been dissected, crushed, cut up, pulverized and thrown away.
To someone who is profiteering from the "anti-abortion" economy. To the law and those of us who respect it, women have the choice.
Because history has shown us that all laws ever enacted are logical, ethical, and morally correct.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:44 am

Graham Wellington wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:06 am
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:23 am
audiophile wrote:
Because history has shown us that all laws ever enacted are logical, ethical, and morally correct.
Who's morals? Evangelical Christians? They are cheering the placing of children in cages and punishing the poor. Fortunately, they remain a minority.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:41 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:02 am

What happens at 26 weeks or birth to magically transform the clump of cells into a human?
At about 7 weeks a heartbeat is detected. That's magical.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:41 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:

What happens at 26 weeks or birth to magically transform the clump of cells into a human?
But a clump of cells with a pulse isn't a person. I think that 22 - 23 weeks is a more realistic threshold.
Amillia Taylor shouldn't be alive. She was born at less than 22 weeks - in the US, where babies aren't considered 'viable' until 23 weeks. But her desperate mother lied to doctors about how far gone she was, and Amillia is now the most premature baby to have ever survived.

― Noam Chomsky

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:57 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:01 pm
Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:41 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:

But a clump of cells with a pulse isn't a person. I think that 22 - 23 weeks is a more realistic threshold.
Amillia Taylor shouldn't be alive. She was born at less than 22 weeks - in the US, where babies aren't considered 'viable' until 23 weeks. But her desperate mother lied to doctors about how far gone she was, and Amillia is now the most premature baby to have ever survived.
So 21 weeks 6 days is a clump of cells, but a day later is a human? Yay science!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:31 pm

Hey, if Evangelicals and Catholics are ok with caging children in the name of "following the law" this is tame in comparison. You got to draw the line somewhere.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:12 pm

Every Anti-Abortion person who died between 1/22/73 and yesterday wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:36 pm
In our lifetime, murder will be illegal in the United States.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:07 pm

So this isnt a discussion as much as a "Restate my position over and over" thread.

No group of white pseudo Christian men are going to convince me that having an abortion is anyone's business but the pregnant woman.

I never plan to have one nor do I plan to force my belief on this topic onto others.

― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:08 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Someone who has qualified for the death penalty has proven they are a threat to society and human life.
Sorry, but that is not correct. Someone who has been sentenced to death received that sentence because 12 other people were convinced of that person's guilt. Those 12 people are human, and humans make mistakes. And the commandment doesn't say "Thou Shall Not Kill... EXCEPT".
I think this TC Talks addressed that bolded part:
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:36 pm
Again, you are mixing your religion with law. We have a division of church and state in the U.S.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:09 pm

We probably should consider extending abortion rights till the offspring is of legal adult age. That might fix a few problems.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:29 pm

lovinlife101 HAS STATED ON THIS THREAD -

“screen glare wrote

followed by HIS words, NOT mine.

And it’s all in a yellow box - as if it’s my post that he’s copied word for word.

In that yellow box he writes about slave owners, plantations, slaves, and other predictable nonsense/gobbledygook/corroded synapse malfunctionings I’ve come to expect from him.

I don’t mind his excremental expoundings -

but I DO mind that he arranges it all to look as though I wrote it. When, in fact, HE wrote it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic