Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bernie is the Donald Trump of the Left

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 12047

Bernie is the Donald Trump of the Left

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:08 pm

and a Trump/Sanders contest could leave a lot of voters on the sidelines.. Discuss.

Rate This

Re: Bernie is the Donald Trump of the Left

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:25 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:08 pm
and a Trump/Sanders contest could leave a lot of voters on the sidelines.. Discuss.
We have a winner... but the question becomes who wins a depressed turnout election? Whichever base is stronger and shows up more?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:43 pm

I dont see any way for a depressed turnout, especially in tossup or close states. Trumpers cant wait to vote for the disaster again, and hopefully, the Dems learned their lesson from 2016.
The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:11 pm

I think that of all the Democrats so far, Sanders will be the easiest for Trump to beat.
Donald will endlessly harp on and on about how much Bernie's Grand Plans are going to cost people.
No one wants to hear they are going to have to pull more money out of their pocket, even if it's needed.

What's kind of surprising me is that Republicans are not thinking about voting for Bernie in the primaries. That would really be a shrewd move. I don't know about other states, but declaring myself a Democrat at the poll still means I can vote for whoever I want in November. So why not vote in the primaries for the guy I think can be defeated the easiest in the general?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:36 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:11 pm
I think that of all the Democrats so far, Sanders will be the easiest for Trump to beat.
Donald will endlessly harp on and on about how much Bernie's Grand Plans are going to cost people.
No one wants to hear they are going to have to pull more money out of their pocket, even if it's needed.

What's kind of surprising me is that Republicans are not thinking about voting for Bernie in the primaries. That would really be a shrewd move. I don't know about other states, but declaring myself a Democrat at the poll still means I can vote for whoever I want in November. So why not vote in the primaries for the guy I think can be defeated the easiest in the general?
Very true... This kind of shenanigan is known as "Ratfucking"...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:50 pm

You've got your candidates confused... Trump's deploraables are going to love him...
Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg used prison labor to make campaign calls. Through a third-party vendor, the Mike Bloomberg 2020 campaign contracted New Jersey-based call center company ProCom, which runs calls centers in New Jersey and Oklahoma. Two of the call centers in Oklahoma are operated out of state prisons. In at least one of the two prisons, incarcerated people were contracted to make calls on behalf of the Bloomberg campaign.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:38 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:50 pm
You've got your candidates confused... Trump's deploraables are going to love him...
Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg used prison labor to make campaign calls. Through a third-party vendor, the Mike Bloomberg 2020 campaign contracted New Jersey-based call center company ProCom, which runs calls centers in New Jersey and Oklahoma. Two of the call centers in Oklahoma are operated out of state prisons. In at least one of the two prisons, incarcerated people were contracted to make calls on behalf of the Bloomberg campaign.
Thats actually giving the prisoners something productive to do... why is that something to look down upon exactly? They are even compensated for their efforts when they work like that... Sorry he's not a can't win progressive like Bernie. But Bernie will make Walter Mondales loss to Regan look like the 2000 election... so I'd rather have somebody who might be able to win then an old whack job... Bernie is essentially the Democratic version of Trump... populist until the bitter end.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:05 pm

Since you are a Trump supporter, who cares about you thoughts?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:21 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:05 pm
Since you are a Trump supporter, who cares about you thoughts?
I’m not a Trump supporter.... everybody else here will vouch for that.. what In gods name gave you that idea? I’m a moderate Democrat who thinks Bernie = doom in November. Try not to fall into the trap of proving Bernies movement as another cult... one of those “movements” whose leader is never wrong is enough...

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:32 pm

Someone accused you of being a Trump supporter? :lol

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:14 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:32 pm
Someone accused you of being a Trump supporter? :lol
Apparently he missed the name change and discussion afterwords... :lol

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:24 am

I watched maybe 2 minutes last night. I thought the gay guy from Indiana came across as the most articulate likeable one I saw in those 2 minutes.
I no longer directly engage trolls

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:22 am

A lot can happen in 118 minutes. :blink
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic