Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bloomberg Assault

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Bloomberg Assault

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:22 am

His ADs are lame and have hypocrisy.

1, Get the guns to "save lives" (and probably ignore second amendment of constitution).
2. End "Trump's assault on reproductive rights". Which means to end lives of unborn (which is not in constitution).

Of course these are said back-to -back which doesn't even pass common sense or spot writing 101.

Due the fact there was 590,471 more abortions than those killed by guns means this guy doesn't get where the real assault weapons are. The assault weapon is the butcher with an MD degree, that in the words of another poster "amputated, fried in solution, skulls crushed, cut at the base of the skull and brains vacuumed out."

PS it is ironic that someone that is trying to save the life's of the unborn would called an "assault" by Mr. Bloomberg - what a putz!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Re: Bloomberg Assault

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:48 am

Richard Spencer — a lifelong Republican who was fired for speaking out against Trump over the Eddie Gallagher case — will endorse his former boss’ rival.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/navy-chi ... f57f0f3ad1
The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:19 am

Audiophile is right. If Bloomberg wants to be president, he sure has the wrong stump speech.
I believe both of the points that Audiophile says will lose him far more votes than he will gain.

The Democrats have forgotten something.
Politics is about figuring out what the majority of the lemmings want to hear.
Baffle and dazzle them with Grade A Certified USDA Choice Horse Manure.
And then after you get elected, do a Nancy to all your campaign speeches, and do what you want.
As long as the press don't remind the lemmings what you said before Election Day, nobody remembers.
Most voters don't have the attention span of a Greyhound bus bumper.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:59 pm

Of course he also said "healthcare is a right". He must have missed a day in 8th-grade social studies.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:19 am

His (current) ads are geared toward Democratic primary voters, not the general public.

His issue right now isn't the content of his ads. It's the fact he's not even present on the debate stage!!! Also, if he continues to be a no-show in early primary states, I'm not sure how on earth he intends to earn the nomination of his party. Instead of having wind at his back, he'll have gale force winds blowing directly at his face.

Establishment & center-left Dems are worried about Buttigieg's electability. I think their concern is well-founded. I think church going African Americans from the south may sit home on election day if the choice is between Buttigieg and Trump. That could make it much easier for Trump to win states like North Carolina, Virginia and Georgia. Church going, union-belonging men - who already support Trump in pretty large number - might be even more likely to support Trump if Buttigieg is "choice B."

The Democratic Party brass knows old man Biden is basically toast. That leaves them two options - Bloomberg and Klobouchar. Right now, the party brass seems more comfortable with Klobouchar. Her debate performance last evening is drawing widespread praise.

(Speaking of Klobouchar, can anyone imagine someone with that voice giving a long speech, such as the SOTU? Good grief.)

I will say this - do not rule out a comeback by Warren. I think it's very possible. The Dem brass is much more comfortable with her (as to general election viability) than they are with Bernie.

Suffice it to say - there are a TON of unknowns at this point.

The only declaration I'm confident in making is that the nominee will NOT be Andrew Yang or Tom Steyer! I will say this - Yang will probably be on the short list for a cabinet position if the Dem nominee somehow manages to upset Trump.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:49 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:19 am
His (current) ads are geared toward Democratic primary voters, not the general public.

His issue right now isn't the content of his ads. It's the fact he's not even present on the debate stage!!! Also, if he continues to be a no-show in early primary states, I'm not sure how on earth he intends to earn the nomination of his party. Instead of having wind at his back, he'll have gale force winds blowing directly at his face.

Establishment & center-left Dems are worried about Buttigieg's electability. I think their concern is well-founded. I think church going African Americans from the south may sit home on election day if the choice is between Buttigieg and Trump. That could make it much easier for Trump to win states like North Carolina, Virginia and Georgia. Church going, union-belonging men - who already support Trump in pretty large number - might be even more likely to support Trump if Buttigieg is "choice B."

The Democratic Party brass knows old man Biden is basically toast. That leaves them two options - Bloomberg and Klobouchar. Right now, the party brass seems more comfortable with Klobouchar. Her debate performance last evening is drawing widespread praise.

(Speaking of Klobouchar, can anyone imagine someone with that voice giving a long speech, such as the SOTU? Good grief.)

I will say this - do not rule out a comeback by Warren. I think it's very possible. The Dem brass is much more comfortable with her (as to general election viability) than they are with Bernie.

Suffice it to say - there are a TON of unknowns at this point.

The only declaration I'm confident in making is that the nominee will NOT be Andrew Yang or Tom Steyer! I will say this - Yang will probably be on the short list for a cabinet position if the Dem nominee somehow manages to upset Trump.
The three states you listed haven’t become swingier because of black voters. They’ve become that way because they are generally becoming more diverse. Virginia has all but become south Maryland and is pretty darn blue at this point because of the suburbs around D.C. and all their government workers and North Carolina is purple because of the research triangle. Georgia is also diversifying but it probably has the farthest to go. The Democrats need to laser focus on Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Trump won those states all by less than 100,000 votes. If he loses them he’s toast. That’s not much of a shift. If a couple of tenths of a percent shifted he’d be sweating bullets.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic