Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Acquitted

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Acquitted

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Trump has been acquitted a second time.

I for one am sorry to see this goat rope end.

As long as they were tied up with this clown show, they couldn't pass legislation that will screw up our country.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Re: Acquitted

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:00 pm

You must type faster than me. I deleted my post.

Prosecutors don't ordinarily bring forth cases that are certain to end in acquittal. Why does the same logic not apply in impeachments?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:04 pm

Extreme hate along with TDS supercedes logic.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:05 pm

Know who suffers from TDS??? Trump and his brainwashed supporters!!!

So, you're fine with the President Trump sitting with his finger up his ass as the Capitol was being ransacked and militia-type loons were attempting to take hostages?

Trump showed hatred for the rule of law and the Constitution that day.

Some of you are so hypocritical. If Obama were in the White House and antifa or Black Lives Matter types were engaged in such conduct at the Capitol, and Obama did next to nothing to discourage that abhorrent behavior as it was unfolding, you guys would express outrage at the President.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:06 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:05 pm
Did you ban Bidet to steal his comebacks?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:

So, you're fine with the President Trump sitting with his finger up his ass as the Capitol was being ransacked and militia-type loons were attempting to take hostages?

Trump showed hatred for the rule of law and the Constitution that day.
Do you think he should have been convicted?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:09 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:06 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Did you ban Bidet to steal his comebacks?
Ouch!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:11 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:00 pm

Prosecutors don't ordinarily bring forth cases that are certain to end in acquittal. Why does the same logic not apply in impeachments?
I submitted a response to your post then it went poof! I was wondering if they going to take anymore votes on limiting rerunning?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:13 pm

To the rest of MW's actual response: I called for Trump to resign, but this impeachment sham was a waste of time and resources.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:16 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:11 pm
bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:00 pm

I submitted a response to your post then it went poof! I was wondering if they going to take anymore votes on limiting rerunning?
I don't think they can. My understanding is that such a vote is limited to the "Judgment" (or punishment or sentencing or whatever you want to call it) phase, which can only happen after a conviction.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:17 pm

Because an impeachment and impeachment trial for a former President after he has left office is unprecedented, I cannot say with certainty that the U.S. Senate was a proper venue for a trial.

My preference would have been for the U.S. Attorney's office in the District of Colombia to consider bringing charges against Trump in federal court.

I will let constitutional scholars debate the appropriateness of the venue. I think many Senate Republicans regardless of the evidence were always going to vote to acquit (partisan politics ahead of country).

I'll answer bmw's question this way - I absolutely think Trump's conduct that day rose to the level of misconduct in office and willful negligence.

I was not a fan of the single impeachment article as written. I think the House should've focused more on his response as the events unfolded, not the speech. His speech wasn't that bad. Some of the folks who spoke on stage before him were much more inflammatory. It is Trump's lack of action as events unfolded with which I have a gigantic issue.

Despite my reservations regarding the above issues, I would have indeed voted to convict.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:19 pm

Thank you for bringing comfort that at least some Republicans saw his behavior as completely unbecoming of a President and borderline treasonous.

Even many of the Democrats were half-hearted about the process but I am glad it occurred.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:22 pm

You can 100% count me as a never-Trumper at this point. What occurred in early January was the tipping point.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:28 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:17 pm

My preference would have been for the U.S. Attorney's office in the District of Colombia to consider bringing charges against Trump.

On this we can agree. That is where charges should have been brought.

If so, the case presented by the House Managers would have been thrown out and they would have been given a severe reporemand.

Shall we hold all the elected officials who have voiced support for BLM, as well as the ones that have refused to rebuke them, responsible for the riot and beating of a journalist and police officers in D.C. last night?

Shall we hold the anti police elected officials responsible for the murders of police officers?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:34 pm

Hostages?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic