Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How has Donald Trump made YOUR life worse?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

How has Donald Trump made YOUR life worse?

Post by bmw » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:25 am

For those of you who are no fan of Donald Trump (and there are quite a few of you out there), I know not a single one of you can cite specific legal statutes and Trump's specific actions which have allegedly violated said statutes (I've asked and pressed multiple times and I have yet to see a single citation). So I pose a different question...

If you are of the belief that Trump should be prematurely removed from office, tell us something Trump has specifically done that has measurably and objectively made your life WORSE than it was before he was elected. And please be specific about the action in question and also specifically HOW that action has made your own life worse. Not your family. Not your friends. Not anecdotes you've heard. But YOUR life specifically.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: How has Donald Trump made YOUR life worse?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:30 am

I'm curious - why the exclusion for family? You've already lost the argument if you feel the need to set such absurdly tight parameters.

So, if your wife's / husband's / mother's / father's / child's life has been made worse by Trump's policies, that isn't fair game?

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:46 am

He has normalized the mocking mistreatment of people with disabilites ... among many other displays of vile and vulgar behavior.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:49 am

I'm not trying to "win an argument" with this particular post. I am genuinely curious as to those regulars who post in here who want Trump gone, if they have personally suffered any hardships as a direct result of his actions. My own personal curiosity doesn't extend to people who don't post in here such as posters' family members. Also, I'm sure if people want to share such stories, they will do so here despite the parameters I laid out.

If you must know, my suspicion is that many of the loudest Trump critics who post in here are doing just fine in life.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:07 am

I am the lone Republican in my family, one daughter is a Democrat while the other is an Independent. I didn't vote for either Trump or Clinton in the last election, couldn't bring myself to push a button for either of them. By and large whoever is in the White House, what ever party, I see no real change in my life. The Health Care tax did bite my refund as the Affordable Care Act was not affordable for me but only for one year, then claiming that it was not affordable made that go away. I see about 100 dollars extra a month in take home because of the tax cuts but nothing negative unless you count I refuse to talk politics with anyone other than family, as we can keep it civil. Would add my daughters viewpoints here but they are not allowed. I am neutral on the subject of impeachment as I didn't vote for him. All I will say is we survived the Nixon bullshit, the Clinton bullshit and we will survive the Trump bullshit too.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:25 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:46 am
He has normalized the mocking mistreatment of people with disabilites ... among many other displays of vile and vulgar behavior.
I don't believe he has normalized it. Most people are still horrified and sickened by his behavior.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:28 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:30 am
I'm curious - why the exclusion for family? You've already lost the argument if you feel the need to set such absurdly tight parameters.

So, if your wife's / husband's / mother's / father's / child's life has been made worse by Trump's policies, that isn't fair game?
I would agree. It seems pretty self-centered and narcissist to judge his performance strictly on how it effects one's own little world.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:21 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:28 pm
I would agree. It seems pretty self-centered and narcissist to judge his performance strictly on how it effects one's own little world.
Because that's how most of his backers justify it... "if it doesn't happen to me, it doesn't exist and it doesn't matter!!"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:13 am

I don't believe he has normalized it. Most people are still horrified and sickened by his behavior.
His conduct does indeed make me sick at times, although I will say the media (especially the local media) blew his remarks regarding John Dingell out of proportion.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:35 am

Interesting question - How has Donald Trump made my life worse?

His actions and words have completely eliminated the ability to have a rational discussion with some members of my family. Before we could discuss policies and ideas rationally and many times "agree to disagree" but at least be able to offer and respect others opinions. Now, those same family members see no need to respect another opinions and feel free to spread lies and untruths ("Pelosi, Schumer and Romney's kids all worked for companies in Ukraine" is the latest.) When confronted with facts, they are waved off as "Fake News". Some of these same members feel comfortable insulting those who disagree with them, using words like "libtard". This has made holiday gatherings virtually intolerable.

Is this an impeachable offense? I'm not sure. However, your premise stated in the OP is false.
I know not a single one of you can cite specific legal statutes and Trump's specific actions which have allegedly violated said statutes
The Constitution gives the House of Representatives sole power to decide what "high crimes and misdemeanors" are, and they do not have to be any specific legal statutes currently in force.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:46 am

Radio Sucks wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:35 am
His actions and words...
Just curious. Which actions? Which words?
Radio Sucks wrote:
...have completely eliminated the ability to have a rational discussion with some members of my family. Before we could discuss policies and ideas rationally and many times "agree to disagree" but at least be able to offer and respect others opinions. Now, those same family members see no need to respect another opinions and feel free to spread lies and untruths ("Pelosi, Schumer and Romney's kids all worked for companies in Ukraine" is the latest.) When confronted with facts, they are waved off as "Fake News". Some of these same members feel comfortable insulting those who disagree with them, using words like "libtard". This has made holiday gatherings virtually intolerable.
What you are talking about seems to be a common issue around the country. I certainly don't dispute that family and friends relationships have become strained simply over the election of Donald Trump. I had a cousin of mine block me on facebook and stop speaking to me, according to him, because:
Trump is dumb, I know he is innocent but he spoke to the white racist trash of our country. I deleted you because you voted for him and helped these events to unfold and still post stuff on my wall trying to make arguments for his sake. I have to rid myself of that.
Now for some context, this was someone who posted some really mean-spirited anti-Trump rants on a daily basis. I think I finally responded to one of them (this was roughly 2 years ago) and I was instantly unfriended, and shortly after the conversation from which I quoted above (I had personal messaged him asking why he unfriended me), was outright blocked from even personal messaging him.

Some people are full of hate. For whatever reason, Trump seems to just bring out the worst in some people. I know I said initially in this post that I wasn't trying to win an argument in this thread, but having said that, I would still suggest that social media, traditional media, 24/7 cable news, and Hollywood all contribute to the divide. It isn't just Trump.
Radio Sucks wrote:
Is this an impeachable offense? I'm not sure. However, your premise stated in the OP is false.
I know not a single one of you can cite specific legal statutes and Trump's specific actions which have allegedly violated said statutes
The Constitution gives the House of Representatives sole power to decide what "high crimes and misdemeanors" are, and they do not have to be any specific legal statutes currently in force.
There are multiple people in here who have specifically, on multiple occasions, accused Trump of having "committed crimes." Those are the people I was calling out previously. And I still have yet to see a single statutory citation.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:27 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:46 am
Radio Sucks wrote:
His actions and words...
Just curious. Which actions? Which words?
The name calling. The mocking of the dead and disabled. His outright telling on non-truths. His hostility toward anyone who disagrees. His demand of loyalty and fealty (are those the same things?) and rejection of any counter opinions. Non traditional? Yes. Is it what many of his supporters voted for? Possibly. To me it is unacceptable behavior from a person in that office.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:20 am

My life is worse because Donald Trump has daily over years gaslighted Americans. As in the story of Alice in Wonderland. Up is down. Small is big. Lies are truth. Bad is good. Courtesy is crap. Love is laughable. Enemies are friends. Justice is a joke. And The US Constitution is just a piece of old paper for Trump to wipe his ass on.

If you believe and honor the sacrifice and suffering of men and women, boys and girls, who all helped in their own sung and unsung ways to build and protect this great nation - then the “one con-man indecent destructor” has made your life - and mine - much worse.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic