Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Articles of impeachment

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: Articles of impeachment

Post by screen glare » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:02 am

Take note - all you eagle-eyed readers of this thread.

Lice - er Bryce - has copied 1/2 of a paragraph from my last post above - which he/she begins with -

quotation-marked screen glare wrote:

and has spliced it together with his/her own words! He/She has displayed his/her own words in blue.

Just in case you care - as I do - heads up please that the words in blue are not mine.

That Trump Cult chump can make an American patriot’s skin crawl. But Putin’s suckers are comfy with his/her alt-right spew.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:39 pm

And so begins the impeachment backlash. Even the hardcore liberals in here ought to be worried about recent polling trends. Granted, this is over a short period of time with a relatively limited data set, but this is upwards of a 15-point swing which kicked into high gear with the announcement of the jobs report and the Dems moving forward with articles of impeachment.

Well - actually a combination of impeachment backlash, a booming economy, and a clown-car Democrat field.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:35 pm

You know it's bad when BMW starts throwing out polling data when Trump can't break 45%.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:24 pm

May I point out BMW was spot-on in his 2016 election predictions even though media was saying Clinton, Clinton, Clinton.

If I was needing a pollster, BMW would be my first hire.
Last edited by audiophile on Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:40 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:24 pm
May I point out BMW was spot-on in his 2014 election predictions even though media was saying Clinton, Clinton, Clinton.

I predicted Trump's election victory, more than 6 months before the 2016 election.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=44071
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:10 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:24 pm
Heh, with my Political Science and Computer Science double major, I just might be qualified for such a job.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:42 am

There is celebrating in the streets! Pelosi is a hero to the vast majority of Americans...
From Boston Common to the French Quarter in New Orleans, a series of protests reverberated across the country on Tuesday evening to call for President Trump’s removal from office, a prelude to momentous impeachment votes set for Wednesday in the House of Representatives.

In Center City Philadelphia, a group of demonstrators held up signs with LED lights spelling out IMPEACH at the base of a bronze statue called “Government of the People,” while Times Square in New York teemed with protesters chanting, “No one’s above the law.”

In Marshall Park in Charlotte, N.C., about 200 pro-impeachment demonstrators recited the Pledge of Allegiance and sang “America the Beautiful.” Among them were Kendrick Frazier, 49, and his husband, Vincent Archie, 59.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:15 am

Not gonna happen!

This is a fools errand.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:22 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:15 am
Not gonna happen!
This is a fools errand.
Different perspectives. Some of us don't like criminals as Presidents despite all the lack of belief going on in here. Facts are facts.
― Noam Chomsky

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:53 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:22 pm
audiophile wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:15 am
Not gonna happen!
This is a fools errand.
Different perspectives. Some of us don't like criminals as Presidents despite all the lack of belief going on in here. Facts are facts.
It will never happen because of his enablers is the Senate.

Trump in 2020. America adores Trump.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:31 pm

It's bunch of trumped up charges, that's why the senate will not convict.

I never have voted for Donald Trump, and frankly Mike Pence would make an excellent president. On personal level I prefer Donald Trump to be gone, and Pence to be in, but the Democrats were calling for impeachment before Trump had barely finished inauguration.

Said another way, the bar is very high for impeachment, for a good reason.

Let the voters decide.
Last edited by audiophile on Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:37 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:22 pm
Facts are facts.
Facts?

I paid pretty close attention. I saw nothing but opinion, hearsay and innuendo. There were no facts presented. Hence, the two very weak articles that are being voted on.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:07 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:31 pm
It's bunch of trumped up charges, that's why the senate will not convict.

I never have voted for Donald Trump, and frankly Mike Pence would make an excellent president. On personal level I prefer Donald Trump to be gone, and Pence to be in, but the Democrats were calling for impeachment before Trump had barely finished inauguration.

Said another way, the bar is very high for impeachment, for a good reason.

Let the voters decide.

You may be able to rationalize away the first article on abuse of power. But what about the second article on obstruction? A blanket order to defy all subpoenas is obstruction.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:17 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:07 pm
You may be able to rationalize away the first article on abuse of power. But what about the second article on obstruction? A blanket order to defy all subpoenas is obstruction.

Trump could negate the charge of obstruction by encouraging those who were subpoenaed to testify. Presumably, that testimony would clear him of the charge of abuse of power. So why is he telling them not to testify?

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:22 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:31 pm
but the Democrats were calling for impeachment before Trump had barely finished inauguration.
From a Vanity Fair article dated 11/04/16:

Other Republicans are already using the “I” word. “Assuming she wins, and the investigation goes forward, and it looks like an indictment is pending, at that point in time, under the Constitution, the House of Representatives would engage in an impeachment trial," Texas Rep. Michael McCaul said on Fox News. “They would go to the Senate and impeachment proceedings and removal would take place.” Wisconsin senator Ron Johnson declared that Clinton could be impeached for “high crime or misdemeanor.” And Donald Trump, who has turned “lock her up” into a rallying cry at his campaign stops, said Wednesday that Clinton would be impeached just as surely as Bill Clinton was. “You know it’s going to happen. And in all fairness, we went through it with her husband. He was impeached,” the Republican nominee said at a rally in Florida Wednesday, adding that Hillary is “most corrupt person ever to seek the presidency.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11 ... ng-clinton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic