Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Articles of impeachment

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Articles of impeachment

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:58 pm

Those darn warning lights! Quick grab some black tape.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/18/politics ... index.html

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:33 pm

It is like they continue to get more and more delusional as time goes on.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:37 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:33 pm
It is like they continue to get more and more delusional as time goes on.
Good one Sage, about time you came back.

House Democrats abandon crimes in Trump impeachment articles
House Democrats spoke for months about how investigations had established crimes that President Donald Trump committed, but on Tuesday they did not specifically include those allegations in articles of impeachment under the constitutional standard of “high crimes and misdemeanors.”

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/ ... t-articles

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:39 pm

The reason obstruction is a completely invalid charge is because the Democrats never challenged any alleged non-compliance in Court. As such, they effectively waived their right to challenge non-compliance at a further time.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:44 pm

Excellent point. I never thought about it waiving their right.

Would it have failed under executive privilege?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:12 am

Keep inventing excuses why this courrpt stain of a human is innocent. Ultimately, the narrsisst needs the believers to exist.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:29 am

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:31 pm

I read an article today and a legal expert said there is no impeachment until the Articles of Impeachment are delivered to the Senate. Interesting take. Not sure what his legal opinion was based on but if true, then Trump still is not impeached and won't be until such time as they are handed over to the Senate.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:38 pm

zzand wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:31 pm
I read an article today and a legal expert said there is no impeachment until the Articles of Impeachment are delivered to the Senate. Interesting take. Not sure what his legal opinion was based on but if true, then Trump still is not impeached and won't be until such time as they are handed over to the Senate.
Fairly pedantic, but the entire Republican response has been so throughout the events that lead us to where we are. It's wasn't quid pro quo because some magic words of his supporters choosing apparently weren't used (although "Do me a favor" seems clear enough). It's wasn't obstruction of Congress because the House didn't go to court over something the Constitution clearly says they have a right to request and have complied with.

Whether or not it happens in the next ten minutes, ten days or ten weeks, Trump shall always be burdened with the asterisk of impeachment next to his name forever. History can't change that, it's a done deal. Donald J Trump*

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:49 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:38 pm
Whether or not it happens in the next ten minutes, ten days or ten weeks, Trump shall always be burdened with the asterisk of impeachment next to his name forever. History can't change that, it's a done deal. Donald J Trump*
Well if that was your goal, then congratulations. That's been the goal all along, hasn't it? Tarnish his name. At any cost and by any means. Beating him in 2016 didn't work. Removing him from office (multiple attempts) didn't work. Beating him in 2020 isn't looking particularly likely. So get revenge by tarnishing him and making sure that no matter how history would otherwise reflect upon the success of his Presidency, there's that little *impeachment* there.

Just curious - if someone is arrested for allegedly having committed a crime but is ultimately never convicted, then should that person always be burdened with the asterisk of an arrest next to their name for the rest of their life? I had a family member who was falsely arrested for allegedly making a bomb threat form a pay phone. It was retaliation on the part of the cops. Should that arrest affect the rest of that person's life?

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:07 pm

It doesn't seem to have affected former President Clinton in the least and I doubt it will affect President Trump. if he does win a 2nd term then that alone makes the asterisk a mute point. Although as I have stated elsewhere, the Dems have already said if he wins they will just impeach him again.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:35 pm

I don't have any goals in this matter other than to hope to hold responsible Trump* for an abuse of power and obstruction of Congress for which he has been found to have been committed doing. Anything else is just your own conjecture.

As far as crimes/arrests/convictions and asterisk's, Trump* supporters are quick to correctly remind us that this not, at this point, a criminal case but a political action. One that the authors of the Constitution prescribed in the event of malfeasance. Unless and until Trump* is arrested on a criminal matter and unless and until it's adjudicated as such, the political remedy with it's ramifications will prevail. Sorry it doesn't align with your chosen narrative.

As far as a second term rendering the impeachment a mute point, that's certainly something the people of our country can decide on their own, but like it or not, accept it or not, Donald J Trump*, the 45th President of the United States was impeached just over 1000 days in office of his first term. Period. Done deal. fin. The asterisk.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:31 pm

And yet the world keeps on keeping on...Amazing

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:54 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:39 pm
The reason obstruction is a completely invalid charge is because the Democrats never challenged any alleged non-compliance in Court. As such, they effectively waived their right to challenge non-compliance at a further time.
+1

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:56 pm

zzand wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:31 pm
And yet the world keeps on keeping on...Amazing
And my 401 k and Roth is up 8% since the impeachment debacle had begun.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic