Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Can California just secede and become its own country already?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: Can California just secede and become its own country already?

Post by screen glare » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:53 pm

Thank you for your confirmation, Honeyman. And I add that my description has largely been true for generations of Californians, according to those I know who have lived there - both northern and southern state residents.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:50 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:13 am
FET-500 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:39 am
TC Shuts Up wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:39 am
The more rural areas are probably nice, but the cities are literally crap.

NBC 4 LA video.

https://nbclim-f.akamaihd.net/i/Prod/NB ... aster.m3u8
Actually, they're impoverished. California is #1 in the Nation for poverty.
It's #1 for everything. Poverty per capita is not high.
You should have stopped with "everything".

"Op-Ed: Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America? "

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/l ... story.html

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:23 am

Poverty? In the great American economy of President Donald Trump? Even after giving a h-u-g-e tax cut to the wealthy? At every turn he touts the fantastical US economy under his presidency! And never fails to Tweet about or talk up that notion - all due to his “excellency presidency“ - especially on days of stock market upswings.

That’s why he had his treasury secretary at the ready to write a check to an angry and grief-stricken British couple - when they recently came to him for assistance in having a US diplomat’s wife brought back to England - to face charges of killing their 19-year old son - after said wife ran back here claiming diplomatic immunity.

Notoriously greedy Trump must have felt like the US treasury could spare the change it would take to buy off that mom and dad - for the life of their child.

How did it go over? Well - it has *h-u-g-e-l-y* backfired! The great showman witnessed a show he wasn’t expecting. Starring him as the insensitive and “everything money can buy” villain.

Stay tuned. Those parents aren’t going to stop seeking JUSTICE. A right Trump reserves only for himself - and those he needs to use to enhance his image - at any one moment.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic