Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Prop 47 CA-Grab And Dash-The End Of Local Retail Business

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Prop 47 CA-Grab And Dash-The End Of Local Retail Business

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:38 am

If Prop 47 Laws spread across America, it will be the end of local retail stores as we know them. Retail stores will have clerks behind bulletproof glass. Workers will retrieve requested items for customers, and bring them to clerks, adding to customer costs. Impulse buying will be eliminated, further increasing costs of needed items. Is that what you want?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/01/ ... sequences/

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Re: Prop 47 CA-Grab And Dash-The End Of Local Retail Business

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:47 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:38 am
If Prop 47 Laws spread across America, it will be the end of local retail stores as we know them. Retail stores will have clerks behind bulletproof glass. Workers will retrieve requested items for customers, and bring them to clerks, adding to customer costs. Impulse buying will be eliminated, further increasing costs of needed items. Is that what you want?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/01/ ... sequences/
I was at a liquor store in Detroit that operates that way. The clerk and all the merchandise were behind a grimy, bulletproof glass window. I placed my order, talking into a microphone and the guy handed me my bottle through a small clearance hole in the window.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:02 am

This is also a big part of why fast food restaurants only operate the drive through at night and close the indoor dining areas. Also, fights were and are happening in fast food and non fast food dining rooms especially at night. Notice that these are either declining or not reported.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:46 am

Commission of a crime with a firearm is NOT a misdemeanor under California law. That is a complete falsehood. Your remarks are very misleading, TC Shuts Up.

That said, I do agree that the statute as written is excessively lenient.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:36 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:46 am
Commission of a crime with a firearm is NOT a misdemeanor under California law. That is a complete falsehood. Your remarks are very misleading,

That said, I do agree that the statute as written is excessively lenient.
I don't see where I said anything about firearms being addressed in Prop 47 or armed robbery not being a felony. I'm just surmising that if criminals are thwarted from shoplifting, they may resort to other means, like holding up a store with a firearm. The bulletproof glass may be necessary to prevent injuries to store workers from the former shoplifters who have turned to armed robbery. My bank had all that years ago, and TOOK IT OUT!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic