Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Beaverton Bans Cell Phones

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Beaverton Bans Cell Phones

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:46 pm

https://www.abc12.com/content/news/Beav ... 28101.html

I think we'd all be better off not using phone while driving.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Re: Beaverton Bans Cell Phones

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:50 pm

Amen. That's a good first step.

Now they need to ban them in restaurants, bars, stores, post offices, libraries, churches, Doctor's offices, funeral homes, Union Halls and cottage cheese shops..
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:22 am

1. Next time you’re first in line at a stop light waiting to complete your “Michigan left turn” - during the busy morning or evening commute - notice how many drivers who have the green light are using their smart phones as they whiz across in front of your stopped car.

2. Next time you pull up to a stop light notice if anyone in the lanes beside you has stopped an unusual one or two full car lengths back - instead of pulling up near the car ahead of them and stopping.

3. Next time you’re stopped at a red light notice how much more frequently the lead car is waiting a very long while to proceed after the light has turned green.

Drivers are now often dangerously distracted because of ubiqhtse smart phone usage while driving. Which intensely compounds the chances of your car or truck being involved in an injury/fatal accident.

I’d like to see a one year trial “smart phone automatic communication disconnect” that occurs whenever the device is in a moving car or truck. If there was a sharp decline in vehicle accidents during that time period perhaps it would provide enough evidence to vote in or federally mandate a permanent
smart phone communication ban while driver’s vehicles are moving.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:04 am

Hell has officially frozen over. I find myself agreeing with every word in one of Screen Glare's posts.

I personally despise smart phones and everything they stand for. I especially despise people who use them while driving.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:39 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:04 am

I personally despise smart phones and everything they stand for. I especially despise people who use them while driving.
Driving, shopping, eating in restaurants, sitting in waiting rooms, visiting the library, in the lineup at the bank - - -
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:36 pm

Bring back manual transmissions, problem solved. Both of my kids have them and don't answer when driving.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:45 pm

We were at a McD in TN. Guy in the lineup was talking on the phone to his friend who was sitting at a table about 20 ft away. They were both speaking loud enough that they could have easily carried on their conversation without a phone.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:49 pm

Don Henley was right...

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:36 pm

Distracted driving isn't a right. Indeed driving a car not distracted isn't a right. It's a privilege.
One cannot give up a "right" that doesn't exist.
I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:09 am

Traveling is a right. Driving a motorized vehicle is a privilege.

Go driving a car down a public road, without a drivers' license, without car insurance, at 100 MPH, and let me know how that works out for you when you get pulled over, even if you don't hurt anybody in the process.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:00 am

Ugh... I honestly hate cell phones, they annoy me. I've never owned a smart phone myself(odd for someone just shy of 40, just have never seen the appeal to it. Would it make my life easier? Maybe. I just see $$$ going out the window myself. So I still cling to my old Flipper dumb phone.

Now, Texting and driving, that's foolish. If I see someone doing that, I will blow the horn.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:03 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:09 am
Traveling is a right. Driving a motorized vehicle is a privilege.

Go driving a car down a public road, without a drivers' license, without car insurance, at 100 MPH, and let me know how that works out for you when you get pulled over, even if you don't hurt anybody in the process.
It's clear that LL101 is a troll. But beyond trolling I can't figure out where "it" falls on various bell curves like overall intelligence, logical thinking, "big picture vision" etc.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:31 pm

Being rude and obnoxious is a right. Cell phone users cherish that right.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Beaverton Beavers are 9 - 0 in their football season for the first time ever!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic