Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Blood on the UAW's hands

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Blood on the UAW's hands

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:10 pm

https://www.mlive.com/news/2019/10/pick ... essee.html

Hmmm... it seems like this could have been avoided.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Re: Blood on the UAW's hands

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:01 pm

So a worker, legally picketing, during a legal strike, dies in a tragic accident. The blame is on his surviving co-workers? Where is the logic in that? What should they have done to prevent it?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:05 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:49 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:01 pm
So a worker, legally picketing, during a legal strike, dies in a tragic accident. The blame is on his surviving co-workers? Where is the logic in that? What should they have done to prevent it?
Who said anything about coworkers?

Who do you think told him to pick up a sign?

Two words: union boss.

Clearly you've never been in a Union. You have no clue what a Union is. I've walked a lot of picket lines, with my own Union and with other Unions. I've carried a lot of picket signs and no one ever told me to do it.

No body ever told me to lay down under the wheels of a bus full of scabs to prevent it crossing the picket line. The cops arrested me and beat me up for it, but no scabs got in that day. The cops made the driver turn back.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:05 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:49 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:01 pm
Who said anything about coworkers?

Who do you think told him to pick up a sign?

Two words: union boss.

Clearly you've never been in a Union. You have no clue what a Union is. I've walked a lot of picket lines, with my own Union and with other Unions. I've carried a lot of picket signs and no one ever told me to do it.

No body ever told me to lay down under the wheels of a bus full of scabs to prevent it crossing the picket line. The cops arrested me and beat me up for it, but no scabs got in that day. The cops made the driver turn back.
You heard it here first: cops are in bed with organized crime.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:23 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:41 pm

Oh, if you just strike because you wanted to, what are the chances everyone else decided to do so as well? What are the chances?

So ignorant. Your local told you that you were on strike and you fell in line just like everyone else.

I have never in my life been on strike. Not even for one day.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:39 pm

I was just going to post this:

https://www.wnem.com/news/gm-uaw-employ ... 65b48.html

You beat me to it..

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:24 pm

The most violent thing I ever did on the picket line was shove back at a cop who had shoved me. It was an honest mistake. I thought he was a security guard. They all dress alike.

The cop accepted my explanation and ordered all the goons to get back inside the Plant gate where they belonged.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:10 am

Ever do plumbing?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:56 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:10 am
Ever do plumbing?

The only sewage he comes in contact with is the stuff that hasn't made it into the system yet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic