Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Any news today?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Any news today?

Post by audiophile » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:10 am

I thought they worked for Generous Motors.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:55 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:18 am
“We hate GM! They are greedy and treat us like crap! Oh, by the way, BUY GM! AND JOIN THE UNION! WE GET TREATED GREAT!!!”
LOL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Be interesting to organize a 1000 car "parade" made of foreign cars and just drive by the various sites on strike... maybe just keep driving around the block they're striking on for an hour or two at each site.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:44 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:31 pm
audiophile wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:55 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:18 am
“We hate GM! They are greedy and treat us like crap! Oh, by the way, BUY GM! AND JOIN THE UNION! WE GET TREATED GREAT!!!”
LOL
It’s a proud tradition.

UAW slob: “My grand pappy was an original sit-downer. Then my daddy sat for 30 years on GM’s dime. Now, it’s my turn!”

“Oh, but I’m skilled! I can play pinochle, cribbage, euchre, and hearts! All while a car is supposed to be put together!”
True story: A close relative of mine worked at the GM foundry in Pontiac. The broom closest was retrofitted with card table and four chairs for card playing. One day the "Big Boss" came through and made them get rid of it. Some wisecrack posted on the broom closet door a picture of a table and drew a red line through it. :lol
Last edited by audiophile on Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:31 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:44 pm
True story: A close relative of mine worked at the GM foundry in Pontiac. The broom closest was retrofitted with card table a four chairs for card playing One day the "Big Boss" came through and made them get rid of it. Someone posted on the door of the broom closet a picture of a table and drew a red line through it. :lol
Plenty of stories like that to go around, if you've ever spent time in a plant. I'm sure any big manufacturing plant has similar issues, but you might see a pattern of extremes in the auto plants.

Was working down at the Doraville, GA plant one time. Was looking around for one of the plant floor electricians and kept hearing "he's probably in the condo". Took a while to find out what that was, but eventually found out. Up in the steel above the assembly area a bunch of the guys got together and built a room out of various materials. had a couple blow-up mattresses, a fridge and little hotplate. Guys, especially those that had a 2nd job outside the plant, would go up there and get a few hours of sleep during the shift.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic