Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republican Primaries Nixed in Several States!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Republican Primaries Nixed in Several States!

Post by screen glare » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:15 pm

If you are afraid one of Trump’s republican challengers will beat him for his party’s nomination and he thus won’t be reelected - JUST CANCEL YOUR STATE’S REPUBLICAN PRIMARY ELECTION!!!!

Justify it to dumb voters as SAVING MONEY!

Democracy? WHAT democracy?

craig11152

Re: Republican Primaries Nixed in Several States!

Post by craig11152 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:42 pm

More up front than Hillary and the DNC secretly sabotaging Bernie Sanders in their 2016 primary I suppose.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:25 pm

It's not uncommon for the incumbent's party to cancel primaries. The Democrats have done so in the past. If you don't like it, become involved with the party of your choice.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:17 pm

Democracy? What democracy?

Along with more Russian election fixing, voter suppression, and
voter intimidation, let’s just skip over voters casting ballots in a primary!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:14 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:25 pm
It's not uncommon for the incumbent's party to cancel primaries. The Democrats have done so in the past. If you don't like it, become involved with the party of your choice.
He might have trouble finding the "I'm an obnoxious cunt, everyone listen to me" party.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:15 pm

screen glare wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:17 pm

The Russia hoax is dead. Hillary lost because she was a terrible candidate, and Trump, like him or not, spoke to the middle class.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:34 pm

screen glare wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:17 pm

If you are so worried about election meddling by people that live 4,700 miles away, I'm sure you must be all in favor of requiring voters that live here to provide a valid ID.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:44 am

Bryce, funny thing is, when I have voted, no matter where I lived I had to do that. So it is SOP, at least in my experience.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:44 am

If only you had a brain, LL. AND used it to think.
Plenty of evidence on this board to the contrary. All found in your posts.
Last edited by screen glare on Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:55 am

What does 4,700 miles have to do with cyberspace, Bryce?

And is there any other photo ID you can think of besides a drivers license or state ID card that should be considered valid to vote?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:02 pm

You make my point. As do your other postings on this board, LL.
Last edited by screen glare on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:15 pm

SG - let's be realistic here. Have you seen polling from the New Hampshire republican primaries?

Per the Boston Herald:
-88 Trump
-3 Weld
-1 Walsh
Spread - Trump +85

I challenge you to find me a state where anybody other than Trump has something even close to a snowball's chance in hell of beating Trump in a primary. Trump's approval nationwide among republicans is steady in the mid to high 80s.

"afraid one of Trump’s republican challengers" ???

Please.... :lol

It IS to save money, as much as your conspiratorial mind would like to believe otherwise.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:11 pm

I don't think the taxpayers should be paying for primaries at all, if they are based on a political party. Why should the government support this??? It's OK if they have a primary to narrow down the field from an unmanageable amount (20?) to something that would fit on a general election ballot (6-10?), however it should not be based on party.

How each party selects the candidate they are going to support is up to them. If they want to support more than one, then fine. If they want to put all their eggs in one basket, fine too.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:23 pm

Well, well! Let’s go ahead and hold a republican primary. Republicans who are afraid of opposing Trump while whispering among themselves that he’s off his rocker - are in a different situation in the privacy of a voting booth.

Plenty of cowards become bold if they believe their deed will never be traced back to them.

BTW - we’ve seen actual vote totals defy exit polling. Everyone who wants to lie about how they privately voted in an election is free to to so.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:31 am

What’s with your purist bent, Jumpy? You seem to be satisfied with soiled on other fronts. Cops got your tongue?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic