Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Black Lives Don't Matter?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Black Lives Don't Matter?

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:52 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:16 am
Then, tackle the urban education system that is in complete shambles.
So, as a conservative, are you willing to make a large monetary investment in urban education? Because that's what would be required to have even a fighting chance of turning around most urban schools.

The charter schools in Detroit produce test scores that are only a bit better than the horrendously failed Detroit Community School District.
Money isn't the complete answer. DPS currently spends about 15,000.00 per student which is higher than all but eight of the nations largest school districts.

Baltimore spends over 16,000.00 per student and according to Project Baltimore:
“Project Baltimore reported that in 13 of 39 city high schools, zero students were proficient in math. Zero. Let that sink in for a minute. In six more Baltimore high schools, only 1 percent tested proficient. In roughly half the schools, 3,804 students attempted the exam, with a mere 14 proficient in math. Not 14 percent, 14 actual students. It’s no wonder the poverty rate in Baltimore is 22 percent.”
The answer isn't a simple one, but it involves much more than money. I will expound once I get the honey do list done and don't have yapping in my ear. :blink

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:16 am
I am not proposing "coerced sterilization," which is a term used interchangeably with forced or compulsory sterilization. I am proposing VOLUNTARY sterilization.
Well, offering incentives is kind of like coercion isn't it?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:09 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:26 am
We need to financially incentivize women who live in the ghetto to get their tubes tied so they don't procreate and give birth to children whom they are unable to properly raise. That's step 3. (This would be much more economical than paying welfare benefits for children and in 20 years we'd see a significant drop in inner-city violence.)
I think a wise thing to do would be to post this on all of your social media and see how long you live. This is an incredibly misogynistic statement. It certainly supports the rationale of making sure safe and low-cost abortions remain available should a woman elect to choose that option.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:21 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:26 am
How about we figure out how to stop the mass murder of people in Chicago that happens almost every weekend? None of the major political figures are or have ever cared enough to tackle this.
We need more undercover officers to arrest drug pushers. That's step 1.

We need Indiana to toughen its gun laws or appropriate federal legislation passed. That's step 2.

We need to financially incentivize women who live in the ghetto to get their tubes tied so they don't procreate and give birth to children whom they are unable to properly raise. That's step 3. (This would be much more economical than paying welfare benefits for children and in 20 years we'd see a significant drop in inner-city violence.)
In some cases having a baby makes people grow up and be responsible. On the other hand, I think some have used their baby making abilities to game the system.

The biggest factor on success is two parents present. The "incentive" should be for parents staying together for a lifetime. Those results would be nearly instantaneous.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:29 am

I think a wise thing to do would be to post this on all of your social media and see how long you live. This is an incredibly misogynistic statement. It certainly supports the rationale of making sure safe and low-cost abortions remain available should a woman elect to choose that option.
So, TC Talks, in your mind - murdering fetuses is preferable to safe, victimless impregnation control? OK. Got it.

There is nothing at all "misogynistic" about my statement. Women are capable of getting pregnant; men are not. That said, if you are suggesting my proposal should be expanded to include vasectomies for indigent men, I'm 100% in favor.

I'm trying to come up with solutions that prevent expansion of the welfare state, reduce multiple future generations of children who would otherwise grow up in abusive or broken households, reduce demand for abortion, and over a long-term period will reduce violent crime rates.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:02 am

Solutions that come from a white male perspective. The majority of citizens don't see abortions the way you are trying to frame them.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:33 pm

So, to expound a bit on my post from earlier, the reform of our educational system is a priority, but not the number one priority, more money or not.

The number one priority should be the restoration of the family unit. Period. Several generations of young men have basically been told they aren't needed or wanted. The Great Society experiment has rewarded people who aren't married, have children and don't work. Is it any wonder that fathers abdicate their responsibility for raising their children when we send the message that they don't have to, that they aren't needed? Is it any wonder why so many young men are angry when society has basically told them they are worthless?

Education begins at home. Without a solid family unit with a positive male role model, someone for young men and boys to look up to and teach them responsibility and ethics we are doomed.
The late Democratic Senator from New York, Daniel Patrick Moynihan hit the nail on the head when he said:
[T]here is one unmistakable lesson in American history: a community that allows a large number of young men to grow up in broken families, dominated by women, never acquiring any stable relationship to male authority, never acquiring any set of rational expectations about the future—that community asks for and gets chaos.
And that chaos is crime, sky high murder rates and poverty.

The great liberal experiment of the past fifty years has failed us. Horrifically. Why would we continue to wash, rinse and repeat?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic