Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Can A Statement Be Racist If It's True?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Can A Statement Be Racist If It's True?

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:42 pm

President Trump is currently being demonized by the left as a racist because of a series of tweets criticizing Rep. Cummings and the condition of Baltimore.

It seems as the statements made by Trump are based in fact. I notice no one is calling him a liar, just a racist.

Is Baltimore a dangerous city as Trump contends? According to the FBI, the 2018 murder rate was the highest in the nation. Sounds dangerous to me.

Rat infested? Orkin lists Baltimore as number 9 in the nation.

Poorly run city? According to Bernie Sanders:
“Anyone who took the walk that we took around this neighborhood would not think you’re in a wealthy nation,” Sanders said during a 2015 visit reported by the Baltimore Sun. “You would think that you were in a Third World Country
Add to that the worst school system in Maryland.

"Fourteen Baltimore neighborhoods have lower life expectancies than North Korea,” the Washington Post reported. “Eight are doing worse than Syria."

Trashy? According to a Baltimore Sun Editorial; "Food containers, balled up clothes, paper, banana peels, plastic bags and tons of other pieces of litter line the shoulders of roads, pile up in alleys and are strewn across fields and yards,"

So, it looks like Trump called it how it is. How is that considered to be racist? Or, is it impossible to criticize black Democrat politicians and black cities ran by Democrats?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Y M Ionhere

Re: Can A Statement Be Racist If It's True?

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:34 pm

And they keep voting democrat year after year.
If the Democrats were really effective, on their side, and fundamentally sound in policy, the city would have been cleaned up by now.
Cities like Bmore, Flint, Detroit, etc are 1 reason why I vote against them and the utter failures to provide a livable environment in those cities should be enough to turn most rational people against the party of illegals over citizens and power over liberty.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:38 pm

And not to take away from the horrific experiences he has been through, but Cummings is an angry, bitter, hateful old man. I think he is the racist. I could understand why but still, 2 wrongs....you know the rest.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:56 pm

Mississippi is much worst, if we're using facts. What has he said about Mississippi? He has targeted 6 minority districts that he has no chance of winning.

And YM Ionhere, you ARE racist so I understand why you are in agreement with Trump.

"No human being would want to live there" This is as dog whistle as it gets.

Also, this:

https://www.splcenter.org/states/maryland

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:05 pm

To answer the original question in the title of this thread - YES, it can be racist to state facts, IF you would otherwise look the other way when an identical set of facts afflicts a member of your own race. The truth or falseness of a statement is irrelevant to whether someone is a racist; the relevant information is whether that person's statements are rooted in a belief of racial superiority.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:33 pm

Trump has certainly shown his racist colors so in this case, yes it's racist.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:56 pm
Mississippi is much worst, if we're using facts. What has he said about Mississippi? He has targeted 6 minority districts that he has no chance of winning.

He DID NOT target anything or anyone but Elijah Cummings.

No where did he mention the people that live there. He has empathy for the people. Cummings,in the other hand is a vile party back that should be called out.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:39 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:33 pm
Trump has certainly shown his racist colors so in this case, yes it's racist.
Show me some examoles, I've looked pretty hard and can't find any.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:47 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:36 pm

No where did he mention the people that live there. He has empathy for the people.
Fat Donnie wrote: Why is so much money sent to the Elijah Cummings district when it is considered the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States. No human being would want to live there. Where is all this money going? How much is stolen? Investigate this corrupt mess immediately!
Sure sounds empathetic to me. :roll:

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:28 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:56 pm

And YM Ionhere, you ARE racist so I understand why you are in agreement with Trump.

"No human being would want to live there" This is as dog whistle as it gets.

Also, this:

https://www.splcenter.org/states/maryland
Im only responding because you typed a statement of libel against me and I will not stand for that. You filthy stinking left wingers slander and libel everyone outside of your communist bubble with that allegation and its high time youre asses get slammed with defamation suits.
You hate people of different opinions more than I hate people of other races and your inflammatory posts are proof.
Yes, i said unlivable. Half-empty blocks littered with abandoned properties. Stray dogs, often carrying diseases, attacking people. Bars on doors that arent there for decoration. Schools that lack soap and up to date textbooks, with a 50 percent or less graduation rate and even lower passing rate on test scores. Houses burned by looters stripping fixtures because nobody would buy them, not even for $10,000. Why are so many people vacating these places and so few willing to move in? If a neighborhood was in any way livable, people-at least poor people with limited options-will be willing to live there. When 60 percent of a neighborhood is abandoned and boarded up, obviously thats not the case. To me, living behind bars next to burned or demolished properties in a city with a 3 hour police response is not "livable". Nothing racial about that. Guess what? Most of the people who LEFT for better areas were black families understanding the responsibility they had to provide a safe, secure, stable environment for their family.
Youre accusing us of racism because you WANT TO, to fit an agenda more hate-filled and prejudiced than those you point fingers at.
Theres no depth to how low you guys will go.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:26 pm

Seems to me there's an awful lot of ethical and cognitive gymnastics being played here as to why statements or sentiments are not racist. I'll only chime in that if you would feel the need you would have to to go through similar gyrations with people such as your employer, pastor or look your your kids in the eyes to justify why something that is clearly racist isn't, it's a pretty good bet it won't pass the smell test in this particular forum either.

History is rife with empty souls who slept well at night secure in their own delusional justifications.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:09 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:26 pm
Seems to me there's an awful lot of ethical and cognitive gymnastics being played here as to why statements or sentiments are not racist. I'll only chime in that if you would feel the need you would have to to go through similar gyrations with people such as your employer, pastor or look your your kids in the eyes to justify why something that is clearly racist isn't, it's a pretty good bet it won't pass the smell test in this particular forum either.

History is rife with empty souls who slept well at night secure in their own delusional justifications.
Nope. Its because hateful leftists like you throw the allegation around to besmearch others for political gain. Its libel and im fed up and had enough of it. Time to defend myself against scum who try to ruin reputations to keep their side in power.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:13 am

Attacking Elijah Cummings because of problems in Baltimore is like blaming a bad hamburger on Ronald McDonald. Cummings is only one of 435 reps, and they need 1/2 of those plus 51 Senators to get anything accomplished via their jobs. Does Baltimore need help? Probably. Does the President's comments get Baltimore help? You tell me..

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:12 am

So are you suggesting that Trump's criticism of Mr. Cummings are "clearly racist"?

Dictionary definition of racism:
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
There's TWO PARTS to that definition. I'm not even sure I would agree that Trump's tweets in question meet the first half, but let's say for the sake of argument that what he said constitutes "antagonism." Ok. What evidence do you have that his tweets were motivated based "on the belief that one's own race is superior?" Unless you're a mind reader (which I seriously doubt you are) or can prove that Trump would never direct similar "antagonism" towards a white person (oh how quickly we forget the Republican primaries and how Trump repeatedly antagonized every single white person in the field), then I'm left to conclude that your belief is that the ONLY motivation for a white person to criticize a person of color is that of race, which is absurd.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:21 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:12 am
So are you suggesting that Trump's criticism of Mr. Cummings are "clearly racist"?

Dictionary definition of racism:
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
There's TWO PARTS to that definition. I'm not even sure I would agree that Trump's tweets in question meet the first half, but let's say for the sake of argument that what he said constitutes "antagonism." Ok. What evidence do you have that his tweets were motivated based "on the belief that one's own race is superior?" Unless you're a mind reader (which I seriously doubt you are) or can prove that Trump would never direct similar "antagonism" towards a white person (oh how quickly we forget the Republican primaries and how Trump repeatedly antagonized every single white person in the field), then I'm left to conclude that your belief is that the ONLY motivation for a white person to criticize a person of color is that of race, which is absurd.
This is the most articulate and intelligent response possibly. Unfortunate, the unhinged left on here will find some way to twist and manipulate it to absurd levels to fit their agenda. Intellect rately combats hate anger and stubborn bias.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic