Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Christians Who Support Trump - Deny Jesus.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: Christians Who Support Trump - Deny Jesus.

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:43 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:31 pm
So any fallible human who votes for another fallible human isn’t a Christian? Got it, Skippy!
I'm not sure if that reply is directed toward my own posting which immediately preceded it. I'm not promoting the idea of voting for or not voting for anyone. I'm not a Christian and your country's politics is none of my business.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:13 pm

Former avowed atheists say - it wasn’t that they were positive God did not exist. Instead - it was that they were angry with God. Mad at God that there is injustice. That there is suffering. That there is death.

An atheist is like a little child with clenched fists - crying the words “I hate you” “I hate you” - while beating those fists against the parent’s knees.

I enjoy discussions with atheists because they are deep thinkers. I prefer their company over lukewarm Christians or anyone who believes in God because “that’s how they were raised.”

As heard often in WWII - there are no atheists in fox holes.
Last edited by screen glare on Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:15 pm

Nope. They’re very often Christians, LL101.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:36 pm

I'm truly an atheist. I'm not angry at God. I can't be angry at a being that doesn't exist. It would be like feeling anger toward unicorns or the tooth fairy.

I have no reason to be angry with anyone. I'm very content with my life.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:04 am

Sorry, Turkeytop.
You may not be like the former avowed atheists to whom I was referring. Each person is on their own spiritual journey. You have always sounded quite centered and thoughtful. I am glad you aren’t angry. Peace to you and your loved ones.

I like Canada and have great respect for the Canadians I’ve had the pleasure to meet and/or work with.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:18 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:36 pm
I'm truly an atheist. I'm not angry at God. I can't be angry at a being that doesn't exist.
The interesting thing is that we are both operating on faith. Just as surely as I can't prove there IS a God you can't prove there isn't a God. So if your system of faith is correct you and I are are in the same boat when we die. If my system of faith is correct we may possibly be in very different boats when we die.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:39 am

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:18 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:36 pm
I'm truly an atheist. I'm not angry at God. I can't be angry at a being that doesn't exist.
The interesting thing is that we are both operating on faith. Just as surely as I can't prove there IS a God you can't prove there isn't a God. So if your system of faith is correct you and I are are in the same boat when we die. If my system of faith is correct we may possibly be in very different boats when we die.

I'm not out to prove to anyone there is no God. Believe in whatever you want. It doesn't matter to me.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:38 am

I'm just pointing out that what you offered as a definitive statement in reality was just a statement of faith.
If you had said " I'm not angry at God. I can't be angry at a being I don't believe exists I wouldn't have responded.
But the nature of you're "definitive" statement " I can't be angry at a being that doesn't exist." indirectly says "I'm right and therefore you are wrong"
That is the part that warranted my response.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:58 am

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:38 am
I'm just pointing out that what you offered as a definitive statement in reality was just a statement of faith.
If you had said " I'm not angry at God. I can't be angry at a being I don't believe exists I wouldn't have responded.
But the nature of you're "definitive" statement " I can't be angry at a being that doesn't exist." indirectly says "I'm right and therefore you are wrong"
That is the part that warranted my response.

In my view you are wrong. But I don't feel compelled to convince you that you're wrong. You're free to believe in whatever you want.

I know someone who believes in astrology. I believe she is wrong too, but I don't exert any effort to change her mind. Her belief doesn't have any impact on my life, so I don't care.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:04 pm

So who created the original matter?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:42 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:04 pm
So who created the original matter?
The Devil's Advocate answer to this question is another question - who created God?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:22 am

Deep Thoughts.

By Jack Handy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic