Acceptable registrations in the queue through January 10 at 7:30a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

“Be patriotic or get the f*ck out!”

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101
Posts: 6164
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

“Be patriotic or get the f*ck out!”

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:53 pm

I thought this was America, where people are allowed to express themselves freely. Guess not.

https://fanbuzz.com/national/hockey-coa ... al-anthem/

Oh, and this is a hockey coach swearing in front of his colleagues, not Bill Harris this time.

Don’t get me wrong. This coach has the right to say this, but the players also have the right to tell him to get the eff out, too.



lovinlife101
Posts: 6164
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “Be patriotic or get the f*ck out!”

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:57 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:04 pm
Wow. GOOD FOR THAT COACH! Sets a good example for those players. You can't appreciate what you've been given and show some respect for the other country's team that you're playing? Then you don't deserve to be on the ice.

It's one thing for the GOVERNMENT to control free speech, it's another completely for a coach to set a respectable example for his players.
Yeah, a great example by using that kind of language. What a jerk.

Plus, where were you when Lou Whitaker and Chet Lemon of the Detroit Tigers refused to stand for the anthem? Oh, double-standard table for one.



lovinlife101
Posts: 6164
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “Be patriotic or get the f*ck out!”

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:29 pm

What wrong with a double standard? Hypocrisy!



lovinlife101
Posts: 6164
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “Be patriotic or get the f*ck out!”

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:52 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:09 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:57 pm
km1125 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:04 pm
Wow. GOOD FOR THAT COACH! Sets a good example for those players. You can't appreciate what you've been given and show some respect for the other country's team that you're playing? Then you don't deserve to be on the ice.

It's one thing for the GOVERNMENT to control free speech, it's another completely for a coach to set a respectable example for his players.
Yeah, a great example by using that kind of language. What a jerk.

Plus, where were you when Lou Whitaker and Chet Lemon of the Detroit Tigers refused to stand for the anthem? Oh, double-standard table for one.
Language? You don't think those guys have heard (and have used) that language before?? How old do you think those guys are? Grade school kids???

Don't really recall the Lou and Chet thing, but looking it up they were doing that based on their religious beliefs, not because they hated America and everything it stood for.
Do you believe coaches and other authorities should set a good example? Obviously not. Who cares if the players have heard and/or used that language before? A coach cursing at his players is communicating it’s okay to curse at him. If he gets offended, then he has nobody to blame but himself. No player should be disciplined for cursing out the coach if the coach is cursing at them with no consequences.

Oh, and black people are kneeling to respect the flag and protest police brutality aimed at black people, not because they hate America. You don’t get to decide motive.



lovinlife101
Posts: 6164
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “Be patriotic or get the f*ck out!”

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:54 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:00 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:52 pm
Oh, and black people are kneeling to respect the flag and protest police brutality aimed at black people, not because they hate America. You don’t get to decide motive.
90% of police brutality and killings would be eliminated if the suspects just observed some simple rules, like not walking down the middle of a busy street after an armed robbery they committed, and not running away after being told to stop, after returning from a convenience store to buy a blunt (on video) to an apartment complex where a lot of breaking and enterings have recently occurred.
Or, just being black, standing there doing nothing.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2014/08/01/justic ... index.html



lovinlife101
Posts: 6164
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “Be patriotic or get the f*ck out!”

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:53 pm

hanson wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:52 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:29 pm
What wrong with a double standard? Hypocrisy!
Whats wrong with that
What that priest did to you was wrong, wrong, wrong! You don’t need to justify that behavior. Abuse is abuse and it is wrong.

Hanson: “Whats wrong with that.”



lovinlife101
Posts: 6164
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “Be patriotic or get the f*ck out!”

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:50 pm

hanson wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:55 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:53 pm
hanson wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:52 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:29 pm
What wrong with a double standard? Hypocrisy!
Whats wrong with that
What that priest did to you was wrong, wrong, wrong! You don’t need to justify that behavior. Abuse is abuse and it is wrong.

Hanson: “Whats wrong with that.”
everything is relative
Your statement is absolute, not relative.

Ignorance is a curse. Seek truth, logic, facts, and reasoning. You’ll be glad you did, and that’s absolute, Skippy!



lovinlife101
Posts: 6164
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “Be patriotic or get the f*ck out!”

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:51 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:03 am
Image
Don Imus had a joke that put both of these together.



lovinlife101
Posts: 6164
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “Be patriotic or get the f*ck out!”

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:25 am

1. Words matter and actions matter. You can’t separate them.

2. A leader leads by example and isn’t afraid of those under him doing what he does.

3. His motive was to act like a big man. #fail



lovinlife101
Posts: 6164
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “Be patriotic or get the f*ck out!”

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:17 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:08 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:25 am
1. Words matter and actions matter. You can’t separate them.

2. A leader leads by example and isn’t afraid of those under him doing what he does.

3. His motive was to act like a big man. #fail
Well, #3 was about Kappernick, so I agree with you!!

Some people are eloquent speakers but have no message, or the wrong message and can talk people into doing bad things just because they speak eloquently (we saw that for 8 years). Some do not speak eloquently but have important messages and the right direction. Nice to have both, but you need to get your priorities straight.
It was a staged video aimed at rallying the Trump echo-chamber and ticking off the anti-Trumpers.

I saw it as an ignorant comment aimed at restricting free speech regardless of the political topic at hand.



lovinlife101
Posts: 6164
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: “Be patriotic or get the f*ck out!”

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:18 pm

hanson wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:46 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:50 pm
hanson wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:55 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:53 pm
hanson wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:52 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:29 pm
What wrong with a double standard? Hypocrisy!
Whats wrong with that
What that priest did to you was wrong, wrong, wrong! You don’t need to justify that behavior. Abuse is abuse and it is wrong.

Hanson: “Whats wrong with that.”
everything is relative
Your statement is absolute, not relative.

Ignorance is a curse. Seek truth, logic, facts, and reasoning. You’ll be glad you did, and that’s absolute, Skippy!
Boring
No you’re not! You’re fun!



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic