Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Recycling <face palm>

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: Recycling <face palm>

Post by km1125 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:09 pm

It takes just a little effort to rinse stuff off so that when it's put in the bin it doesn't attract rats or other vernim or for when someone else has to handle it a week later after it's been sitting in a hot container the old food doesn't have growth on it.

Not that hard to do at all. If it's too hard... just toss it in the trash instead of the recycle bin.

km1125

Re: Recycling <face palm>

Post by km1125 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:05 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:09 pm
km1125 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:09 pm
It takes just a little effort to rinse stuff off so that when it's put in the bin it doesn't attract rats or other vernim or for when someone else has to handle it a week later after it's been sitting in a hot container the old food doesn't have growth on it.

Not that hard to do at all. If it's too hard... just toss it in the trash instead of the recycle bin.
Which is my point. Most people, when given the option, to either wash their garbage and put it in a recycling container or simply throw it out, will simply throw it out. #recyclingfail
No surprise. "Most people" are lazy.

Oh, and that "cleaning" or "rinsing" thing only applies if it is something used for food, and had food on it. There are a TON (literally) of recyclable materials in a house that don't need to be cleaned or rinsed and can go directly into the recycle bin. Newspapers, boxes, plastic shipping/packaging, metal, etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic