Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by screen glare » Thu May 16, 2019 6:36 am

Freedom-loving, equality-minded, “separation of church and state-upholding” ALABAMA has passed into law its latest abortion ban. It does not contain exceptions for rape or incest. Or for non-viability deformities or conditions - such as fetus minus a brain. The only RARE exception is risk of death for the woman.

The Alabama law is precisely written to trigger a court case that eventually the US Supreme Court will adjudicate - resulting in its more-likely-since-Trump ruling to overturn Roe vs. Wade.

If that highly likely scenario happens - safe, legal abortion will be banned throughout the USA. And any doctor performing such a procedure will go to prison for up to 99 years. Which effectively means life in prison.

Of course all men and women who lived their teen years in the 1960’s remember the horror stories of “back alley” abortions, DIY abortions, over-the-border abortions, and other so called “bent coat hanger” abortions each resulting in two deaths: fetus AND pregnant female.

Abortions - will never end. Laws or no laws. Religion or no religion. Females will always try to control their own futures. Just as men try to control their own futures. Abortion will always be an option.

The question all men and women must face is: for each proceedure - do you want one death? Ot two? And will the woman who dies be your daughter, girlfriend, wife, mother, sister, or even your one night stand?

I say let each female decide what she needs to do. God has given us free will. Keep the opportunity to decide available for each female and her doctor. The law of the land for near 50 years does not impinge on your freedom to decide, or your religious belief. You just can’t force your decision for yourself, or your religion on others.

screen glare

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by screen glare » Thu May 16, 2019 10:14 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Way way above your level of consciousness, Jumpy. Not surprised.
Last edited by screen glare on Thu May 16, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri May 17, 2019 11:21 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am
Here’s your “solution” to unwanted pregnancy: KILL IT!!!!

However, there are at least two options prior to pregnancy.

1. And this one is the most effective. DON’T BE A WHORE!!!

2. Condoms.

And, after pregnancy there are at least two options that don’t result in death.

1. Have the baby and take full responsibility for it.

2. Have the baby and allow someone else to adopt it.

But your reasoning is immoral, illogical, and irresponsible. If you saw something under a microscope and could tell it had a beating heart, what would be the ethical thing to do with it? Your answer: KILL IT!!!
+1

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri May 17, 2019 11:26 pm

And - the state of Missouri is now marching in Alabama’s footsteps! Missouri’s got its very own hyper conservative anti-abortion bill making its way to becoming state law. Do these legislatures think Americans - especially female Americans - are going backwards in history? No way.

As I said - abortion will never go away.

It will just move to “back alley” status - and pregnant females will start dying in large numbers from botched abortions performed by non-MD “butchers” (including self-butchery abortions) where pregnant Americans die from blood loss, or from infection.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat May 18, 2019 1:50 am

PS males - once your baby is born from your one night stand with a person you hardly knew - bought and paid for - or a fun, free f—k - will you be a good life-long sport when your paycheck is garnished each month?

Biologically identifying you as the father is not difficult. Nor is dragging your face into open court for child support. Maybe you don’t want to see your kid. Or maybe you want custody. Either way it’s 18 years or more of lawyers fees and court dates, and paperwork, and maybe your wife reluctantly or your wife and kids vicariously involved.

Big hassle. Big money. Big emotional stress.

From my male viewpoint - I too want the freedom and option of legal abortion to be available. Those who don’t want it are free to choose not to pursue it. But don’t take away my freedom of choice to persuade the female I knocked up to abort.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat May 18, 2019 6:01 am

Life is a miracle, treat it that way.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat May 18, 2019 8:54 am

LL101 your pretzel “logic” is as twisted as your cop and copulation obsessions. Enjoy your fetish for fantasy, Jumpy - until your fantasy encroaches on American freedoms.

Legal abortion is The Law of the Land. It’s been Constitutional for near half a century. American females legally have freedom to choose abortion, or no abortion.

If you want freedom of choice regarding your own body then you must also respect the choices of others regarding theirs - no matter your religious convictions, or feelings, or philosophies.

From what you freely describe on this board about yourself and partners - packing, sucking, org-ing out as you merrily, gayly, gag along - I bet you are a staunch supporter of individual bodily freedom. When it involves you.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat May 18, 2019 10:57 am

I agree!

Science does confirm it...

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 18, 2019 12:20 pm

Kinda funny how that works, isn't it? The mother can kill the baby up until birth and the father has no say, but once that baby is born, suddenly the father is responsible for that child and supporting it for the next 17 years.

Where are father rights in all of this?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat May 18, 2019 2:22 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 12:20 pm
Kinda funny how that works, isn't it? The mother can kill the baby up until birth and the father has no say, but once that baby is born, suddenly the father is responsible for that child and supporting it for the next 17 years.

Where are father rights in all of this?
*This*

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat May 18, 2019 6:59 pm

Abortion in the case of rape, incest or to save the mother's life is valid, to fix a bad life decision is not valid.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:14 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:59 pm
Abortion in the case of rape, incest or to save the mother's life is valid, to fix a bad life decision is not valid.
I totally agree.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat May 18, 2019 9:22 pm

Then read the last part of my statement you dim bulb. I cover that.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun May 19, 2019 4:55 am

Dumb and Dumber. zzand and LL101 arguing the finer points of abortion bans.

LL101 - give up. Your continuous pretzel logic NOW twisting me into a “pro slavery southern general” says all about your ability to ignore what is, and promote what is not.

Slavery is an abomination. Period.

LL101 - you are not thinking straight. (no pun intended)

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun May 19, 2019 6:28 am

The rape provision would be a H U G E loophole, as well as inconsistent, that is what LL101 is pointing out.

As much as we might disagree in other areas, I can say LL101's position is consistent. I'm also consistent in that I do not agree with capital punishment either.

As far as SG, I never thought you were pro-slavery, but you completely missed the parable! LL101 completely neutralized your argument about "law of the land" by using your own logic against you. You better pick plan B.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic