All accepted registrations through July 14 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare
Posts: 1343
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by screen glare » Thu May 16, 2019 6:36 am

Freedom-loving, equality-minded, “separation of church and state-upholding” ALABAMA has passed into law its latest abortion ban. It does not contain exceptions for rape or incest. Or for non-viability deformities or conditions - such as fetus minus a brain. The only RARE exception is risk of death for the woman.

The Alabama law is precisely written to trigger a court case that eventually the US Supreme Court will adjudicate - resulting in its more-likely-since-Trump ruling to overturn Roe vs. Wade.

If that highly likely scenario happens - safe, legal abortion will be banned throughout the USA. And any doctor performing such a procedure will go to prison for up to 99 years. Which effectively means life in prison.

Of course all men and women who lived their teen years in the 1960’s remember the horror stories of “back alley” abortions, DIY abortions, over-the-border abortions, and other so called “bent coat hanger” abortions each resulting in two deaths: fetus AND pregnant female.

Abortions - will never end. Laws or no laws. Religion or no religion. Females will always try to control their own futures. Just as men try to control their own futures. Abortion will always be an option.

The question all men and women must face is: for each proceedure - do you want one death? Ot two? And will the woman who dies be your daughter, girlfriend, wife, mother, sister, or even your one night stand?

I say let each female decide what she needs to do. God has given us free will. Keep the opportunity to decide available for each female and her doctor. The law of the land for near 50 years does not impinge on your freedom to decide, or your religious belief. You just can’t force your decision for yourself, or your religion on others.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2051
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:58 am

“Safe” means “resulting in death”? I question your use of “safe.”

And yes, just because something is outlawed doesn’t mean it will stop all of it. Suicide is technically illegal, but that fact hasn’t stopped anyone. Because the person who committed it is dead, they can not be prosecuted.

Who forced anyone to use a bent coat hanger, baseball bat, or any other means to kill their offspring? Your argument is nonsensical.

Why not outlaw locked doors? Because if a robbery happens, you have items stolen and a broken door! If doors simply opened freely, there wouldn’t be as many broken doors when robberies occur! “KEEP ROBBERY ‘SAFE’” should be your battle cry.



screen glare
Posts: 1343
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by screen glare » Thu May 16, 2019 10:14 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Way way above your level of consciousness, Jumpy. Not surprised.
Last edited by screen glare on Thu May 16, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2051
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am

Here’s your “solution” to unwanted pregnancy: KILL IT!!!!

However, there are at least two options prior to pregnancy.

1. And this one is the most effective. DON’T BE A WHORE!!!

2. Condoms.

And, after pregnancy there are at least two options that don’t result in death.

1. Have the baby and take full responsibility for it.

2. Have the baby and allow someone else to adopt it.

But your reasoning is immoral, illogical, and irresponsible. If you saw something under a microscope and could tell it had a beating heart, what would be the ethical thing to do with it? Your answer: KILL IT!!!



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by audiophile » Fri May 17, 2019 11:21 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am
Here’s your “solution” to unwanted pregnancy: KILL IT!!!!

However, there are at least two options prior to pregnancy.

1. And this one is the most effective. DON’T BE A WHORE!!!

2. Condoms.

And, after pregnancy there are at least two options that don’t result in death.

1. Have the baby and take full responsibility for it.

2. Have the baby and allow someone else to adopt it.

But your reasoning is immoral, illogical, and irresponsible. If you saw something under a microscope and could tell it had a beating heart, what would be the ethical thing to do with it? Your answer: KILL IT!!!
+1


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare
Posts: 1343
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by screen glare » Fri May 17, 2019 11:26 pm

And - the state of Missouri is now marching in Alabama’s footsteps! Missouri’s got its very own hyper conservative anti-abortion bill making its way to becoming state law. Do these legislatures think Americans - especially female Americans - are going backwards in history? No way.

As I said - abortion will never go away.

It will just move to “back alley” status - and pregnant females will start dying in large numbers from botched abortions performed by non-MD “butchers” (including self-butchery abortions) where pregnant Americans die from blood loss, or from infection.



screen glare
Posts: 1343
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by screen glare » Sat May 18, 2019 1:50 am

PS males - once your baby is born from your one night stand with a person you hardly knew - bought and paid for - or a fun, free f—k - will you be a good life-long sport when your paycheck is garnished each month?

Biologically identifying you as the father is not difficult. Nor is dragging your face into open court for child support. Maybe you don’t want to see your kid. Or maybe you want custody. Either way it’s 18 years or more of lawyers fees and court dates, and paperwork, and maybe your wife reluctantly or your wife and kids vicariously involved.

Big hassle. Big money. Big emotional stress.

From my male viewpoint - I too want the freedom and option of legal abortion to be available. Those who don’t want it are free to choose not to pursue it. But don’t take away my freedom of choice to persuade the female I knocked up to abort.



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by audiophile » Sat May 18, 2019 6:01 am

Life is a miracle, treat it that way.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

lovinlife101
Posts: 2051
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:50 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:26 pm
And - the state of Missouri is now marching in Alabama’s footsteps! Missouri’s got its very own hyper conservative anti-abortion bill making its way to becoming state law. Do these legislatures think Americans - especially female Americans - are going backwards in history? No way.

As I said - abortion will never go away.

It will just move to “back alley” status - and pregnant females will start dying in large numbers from botched abortions performed by non-MD “butchers” (including self-butchery abortions) where pregnant Americans die from blood loss, or from infection.
Oh, where are all these “back alley” abortions now in states where abortion is restricted? Oh, that’s right, NOWHERE!

Allow me to double down on your ignorance: NOBODY IS FORCING ANYONE TO A BACK ALLEY! THAT WOULD BE A CHOICE TOO!!!
screen glare wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:50 am
PS males - once your baby is born from your one night stand with a person you hardly knew - bought and paid for - or a fun, free f—k - will you be a good life-long sport when your paycheck is garnished each month?

Biologically identifying you as the father is not difficult. Nor is dragging your face into open court for child support. Maybe you don’t want to see your kid. Or maybe you want custody. Either way it’s 18 years or more of lawyers fees and court dates, and paperwork, and maybe your wife reluctantly or your wife and kids vicariously involved.

Big hassle. Big money. Big emotional stress.

From my male viewpoint - I too want the freedom and option of legal abortion to be available. Those who don’t want it are free to choose not to pursue it. But don’t take away my freedom of choice to persuade the female I knocked up to abort.
Ah, so you don’t want the person who impregnated another person to be RESPONSIBLE?

“Big hassle. Big money. Big emotional stress.” YOU JUST DESCRIBED PARENTING AND FROM WHAT I HEAR, IT’S WONDERFUL! You think abortion doesn’t cost money or being emotional stress?

Again, your answer to someone willfully choosing to engage in an activity with someone else, with half a brain to realize it may result in the creation of another human, and rather be responsible for that choice by supporting the human created, your answer? KILL IT!



lovinlife101
Posts: 2051
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:51 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:01 am
Life is a miracle, treat it that way.
Pretty much.



screen glare
Posts: 1343
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by screen glare » Sat May 18, 2019 8:54 am

LL101 your pretzel “logic” is as twisted as your cop and copulation obsessions. Enjoy your fetish for fantasy, Jumpy - until your fantasy encroaches on American freedoms.

Legal abortion is The Law of the Land. It’s been Constitutional for near half a century. American females legally have freedom to choose abortion, or no abortion.

If you want freedom of choice regarding your own body then you must also respect the choices of others regarding theirs - no matter your religious convictions, or feelings, or philosophies.

From what you freely describe on this board about yourself and partners - packing, sucking, org-ing out as you merrily, gayly, gag along - I bet you are a staunch supporter of individual bodily freedom. When it involves you.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2051
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:18 am

screen glare wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:54 am
LL101 your pretzel “logic” is as twisted as your cop and copulation obsessions. Enjoy your fetish for fantasy, Jumpy - until your fantasy encroaches on American freedoms.

Legal abortion is The Law of the Land. It’s been Constitutional for near half a century. American females legally have freedom to choose abortion, or no abortion.

If you want freedom of choice regarding your own body then you must also respect the choices of others regarding theirs - no matter your religious convictions, or feelings, or philosophies.

From what you freely describe on this board about yourself and partners - packing, sucking, org-ing out as you merrily, gayly, gag along - I bet you are a staunch supporter of individual bodily freedom. When it involves you.
My fantasies don’t encroach on anyone. Everything I do is consensual among adults. I don’t kill offspring or anyone else. Not my thing.

Slavery was also legal at one time. You gonna defend that too, Skippy?! How about women and blacks not being allowed to vote? Gonna defend that too? That was the “law of the land” at one time. Once abortion is illegal, you gonna defend the law there or just when it conforms to your way of thinking? The “It’s the law!” defense is an appeal to authority, not an actual argument. Re:cops.

I have no religious views whatsoever, and even if I did, what does that have to do with killing someone or allowing someone to live? It’s science.

I have rights over my own body, and so should all other women. But the body inside her body is not her body. Let that sink in. Separate DNA, a separate beating heart and everything because: science.

Here’s an idea, for women who don’t want to become pregnant, follow your hero Alyssa Milano and go on a sex strike!

Defend murder all you want, but you’ll lose the argument every time. It’s your right!



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by audiophile » Sat May 18, 2019 10:57 am

I agree!

Science does confirm it...


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by bmw » Sat May 18, 2019 12:20 pm

Kinda funny how that works, isn't it? The mother can kill the baby up until birth and the father has no say, but once that baby is born, suddenly the father is responsible for that child and supporting it for the next 17 years.

Where are father rights in all of this?



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Bend those coat hangers Let ‘er rip!

Post by audiophile » Sat May 18, 2019 2:22 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 12:20 pm
Kinda funny how that works, isn't it? The mother can kill the baby up until birth and the father has no say, but once that baby is born, suddenly the father is responsible for that child and supporting it for the next 17 years.

Where are father rights in all of this?
*This*


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic