Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I’m Really Concerned about the Divide in America

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: I’m Really Concerned about the Divide in America

Post by bmw » Fri May 10, 2019 4:13 pm

Mega Hertz - that is quite a story! Sorry your family had to go through that. Makes my story kind of pale in comparison. My dad was accused of making a bomb threat over a pay phone. He was arrested though never convicted as the prosecutor dropped the charges at the preliminary exam just seconds before the judge called the case. It was the 7 years of civil litigation against the police department that was straining on the family.

I find that as a percentage, there are more bad-apple prosecutors than bad-apple police officers. Prosecutors have far too much power, IMO, and not enough accountability for their actions.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:35 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:28 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:50 pm
In some ways, I agree with our police hating friend. The dissent and division of 1776 and 1860 did help create our country. And both devolved into shooting wars... Will that be necessary today?

But don’t put words in my mouth please sir. I’m not preaching unity - I’m preaching open mindedness and the attempt to discuss problems and disagreements to develop unique solutions to our country’s problems.

Take your signature problem - (and I believe here is where we will probably disagree). You seem to believe that elimination of police entirely is the only solution to the problem of police corruption. Others will violently fight that option. What’s the third solution that can benefit all?
Still waiting on a shred of evidence for any of your claims of me.
If you are offended by the “sir” I sincerely apologize. My gender assumption was inappropriate.

I don’t claim anything. I state my analysis of reading your past posts. In rereading them I still see an opinion that all cops are bad and we should get rid of them. Have I misinterpreted your intentions?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri May 10, 2019 8:53 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:13 pm
Mega Hertz - that is quite a story! Sorry your family had to go through that. Makes my story kind of pale in comparison. My dad was accused of making a bomb threat over a pay phone. He was arrested though never convicted as the prosecutor dropped the charges at the preliminary exam just seconds before the judge called the case. It was the 7 years of civil litigation against the police department that was straining on the family.

I find that as a percentage, there are more bad-apple prosecutors than bad-apple police officers. Prosecutors have far too much power, IMO, and not enough accountability for their actions.
Thanks, man. Nobody should have to feel that way.

He also had a suit against the city. He won, but I've heard in recent years that one cannot sue a department over a claim like that. I'd like to look for evidence of that but I'm stuck late at work.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:18 am

America was built upon divide and conquer.
This has been going on since 1776.
This is how the elite stay in power.
Unless we be like France.. it stays this way.
Mr. Rothschild, Mr. Rockefeller, and Mr. Kissinger doesn't care about you, or me, or anyone else here.
They publicly have referred to the public as "disposable humans".

Action my boy, not threads on a radio board!

Music is my life.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat May 11, 2019 8:59 am

We have a guy trolling left- wing sites who drives to DC and ends up opening fire on a ballfield, allegedly because the players were Republican. Sarah Sanders gets harrassed and banned from a restaurant because she works for Trump. Mitch Mcconnell gets harrassed and thrown out for the same reason. Rand Paul was attacked by a neighbor. Conservative commentator Tucker Carlson was threatened and attacked at a country club and people stormed his home and harrassed him. Antifa goes to conservative rallies with bats and holds up traffic. People are on video screaming at and refusing service to customers in Trump hats. A kid in a Trump hat who was trying to keep calm was libeled and slandered as a racist by much of the media. People vandalize and burn their own black churches and try to blame Trump supporters. Turning Point USA members are assualted on campuses. A liberal state rep harrasses a peaceful protester at a Pennsylvania abortion clinic.
The civil war has begun.
Yes, a Trump supporter did send pipe bombs to prominent democrats. But how much does 1 side take until they fight back?

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat May 11, 2019 10:29 am

I tend to agree that the Civil War has already started, although by war standards it is pretty laid back. I also hope it stays that way. IMHO, and I know I will probably take heat for this opinion, this whole mess is because people didn't get what they want. Let me state I am not a Trump supporter, didn't vote for president in the last election, although I did fill out the rest of the ballot. I don't think he got elected for who he is as much as what he represented. Someone on the outside, not a career politician, who took the time to talk to the people in the "Fly Over States" who normally get ignored except for a token appearance now and then during an election cycle. He talked to the people that get up and go to work daily and keep the wheels turning. His message, simplified here, was presidents from both parties have ignored you and the country far to long to kiss international ass and it's about time we take care of us. it could have been anyone that spouted the message and they most likely would have won too. People were tired of business as usual and wanted real change. The party who made the point of saying time and time again that Trump would have to accept the election results have been unable to themselves and have spent every waking minute since the day after the election trying change them. That simply isn't going to happen and isn't going to change. They need to get down to the business of running the country, the job they were elected to do. If they don't I have a feeling they are not going to like the results of the next election. The Democrat field is up to over 20, if I am counting right with 1 or 2 more still considering a run. This says to me the party has fallen a part and has no clear leadership. Maybe they need to work on that too. I also feel that every member of congress, both chambers, who have served more than 2 terms needs to be given walking papers at the end of their current term. The President can only serve two terms, the same needs to happen in congress. Part of the problem, and this is for both parties, is that there is no fresh blood with reasonable fresh ideas for our nation. It is the same old shit day in and day out or off the wall plans that are as realistic as a Marvel comic book and I like Marvel comic books. These people are not our leaders, they are our employees. We elected them, we pay them to work for our benefit and if they aren't then we need to fire them. if things don't change then the laid back part of this Civil War will end and things could get dicey and since the greater number of legal gun owners are members of one of the 2 major parties things may turn out badly for those who are not members of that party. I am saddened to think my children and grand children may have to deal with that and the aftermath and all of us should be.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat May 11, 2019 11:25 am

We currently have a POTUS in the white house who is refusing -and telling his administration to refuse - any and all subpoenas and other summons to testify under oath at any US House oversight hearing, or provide written documents - all having to do with one central issue: Mueller Investigation transparency. And The Mueller Investigation is about the Russian attack on our democracy and therefore our nation.

This has created a historic Constitutional Crisis, and a danger to our democracy.

We have a POTUS who believes he is above the law. And who is behaving as though he is above the law.

If he has nothing to hide he should be complying. Not stonewalling. Cooperating. Not obstructing The Law of The Land - The US Constitution and its mandate for Congressional oversight of the president and the entire executive branch of our government.

Trump is trying to become king. And just as with the tyranny of King George - the people will revolt. No man in the USA is above the law. Not even a mentally ill person who believes he is.

This is the most important divide in America because it threatens to destroy our three co-equal branches of our republic - each checking and balancing the powers of one another. One individual must never be king or queen in The United States of America for which our war dead have sacrificed their lives - starting with The Revolutionary War against the tyranny of England’s King George.

The Civil War in this country was about ending the unjust enslavement of men, women, and children - who were property - instead of equal with all other humans and free.

Injustice in all its forms - the dubious outcome of a national election - massively and expensively tampered with by enemy Russia; its favored candidate continuing to speak in secret for hours with Putin; Trump obstructing The Mueller Investigation’s transparency; and refusing to take meaningful steps to prevent Russian tampering in the next election - will rile most Americans and cause them to revolt if said injustice is destroying our union so as to ULTIMATELY destroy our enviable, hard won, sacred and delicate democracy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat May 11, 2019 12:18 pm

"This is the most important divide in America because it threatens to destroy our three co-equal branches of our republic".

Speaker of the House Pelosi would disagree with you as she went on record this week saying that Congress is the superior branch of government. She is truly deranged...and you are a classic example of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Some day an expert will write about all those who suffered from this disease...Maybe you can make it into his or her book.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun May 12, 2019 1:58 am

Leave it to you, zzand to miss the critical point - and veer off into some crap Pelosi said, or some “disagreement equals derangement” Fox-illogic equation, or me “making it” into some imagined book you’ve cooked up in your head.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sun May 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Funny, many people felt President Obama was falsely accused and constantly attacked by those who disagreed with him... and I don't remember any of them being accused of "Obama Derangement Syndrome"

President Trump has done some good things economically, is working toward less regulation and attempting to fix many trade problems. While he is not necessarily taking the path I would take, I have to congratulate him for his efforts. Then, 5 tweets in the last week have completely wiped out all the gains in my portfolio since the first of the year. He is not the best president. I believe he was chosen by people who just wanted to fuck up the system. And in some ways, he is succeeding in that effort. But that doesn't make him "the enemy" to me.

America needs some sort of "time out" so we can work together in some way to fix immigration, trade and the mounting health care crisis. If I were in charge, I would want to get feedback from everyone and put the best minds on all sides in a room with a deadline. Not call people names and insult them.

We also have a H*** Russian interference problem with social media and election information. How do we solve that?

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun May 12, 2019 1:44 pm

Well we need to quit interfering in elections world wide first and foremost and do less finger pointing until we do so. A lot of the immigration issue would be fixed by simply enforcing the laws we already have all the time, not just some of the time. Healthcare? Start with drug companies raping us for meds we need and maybe some sort of price controls across the board.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:34 am

I'd like to address a post I've just read, which highlights much of this problem.
We have a guy trolling left- wing sites who drives to DC and ends up opening fire on a ballfield, allegedly(1) because the players were Republican. Sarah Sanders gets harrassed and banned from a restaurant because she works for Trump.(2) Mitch Mcconnell gets harrassed and thrown out for the same reason.(3) Rand Paul was attacked by a neighbor.(4) Conservative commentator Tucker Carlson was threatened and attacked at a country club and people stormed his home and harrassed him.(5) Antifa goes to conservative rallies with bats and holds up traffic. (6) People are on video screaming at and refusing service to customers in Trump hats.(7) A kid in a Trump hat who was trying to keep calm was libeled and slandered as a racist by much of the media. (8) People vandalize and burn their own black churches and try to blame Trump supporters. (9) Turning Point USA members are assualted on campuses. (10) A liberal state rep harrasses a peaceful protester at a Pennsylvania abortion clinic. (11)
The civil war has begun.
Yes, a Trump supporter did send pipe bombs to prominent democrats. But how much does 1 side take until they fight back?(12)
1 - True, based on media reports. But we can't know for sure since the suspect is dead. In the same vein, a guy drove to DC and shot up a pizza place allegedly because he thought Hillary Clinton was harboring human trafficking victims there.
2 - From the news story about the incident.. "“I took Ms. Sanders aside and politely suggested she leave. She agreed, equally politely,” Wilkinson wrote. “She may or may not have expected this day would come, but she never showed any sign of outrage or even much surprise. We’d drawn a line; she’d accepted it.” Harassment? Don't business people want the right to choose whom they serve, so they don't have to make wedding cakes for gay couples? What's the difference?
3 - Senator McConnell was harassed by his own constituents in his home state, the people he represents. https://www.eater.com/2018/7/10/1755276 ... esters-ice
4 - Senator Paul was attacked by a neighbor over a property dispute. "Federal prosecutors said Boucher "had enough" after he witnessed Paul stack brush into a pile on his own lawn, but near Boucher's property. Boucher then ran onto Paul's property and tackled him."
5 - Check your facts. Tucker Carlson attacked someone who called his daughter a nasty name. Possibly valid reason for an attack, but not politically motivated. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... y-daughter
6 - Antifa is a made up straw man. Are there people who protest at Trump rallies? Yes. Please prove the existence of this organization.
7 - See 2
8 - This kid was mistreated in many ways, and deserves an apology from all who maligned him.
9 - Certainly, some people have gone to great lengths to protest including burning their own church. https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/02/19/ ... mplicated/ But didn't Timothy McVeigh do the same thing?
10 - Turning Point USA is becoming the new version of the John Birch Society and deserves what they get, based on stories like this. https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/mb8 ... iral-video
11 - Yes, he did. https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/lo ... 97941.html Not sure this is the best way to convince people to change their minds.
12 - Didn't Jesus say turn the other cheek?

This is a two sided problem. We don't solve things by yelling louder, we solve things by listening louder. We are a country caught up in a 24/7 election cycle. The "right thing" for a politician to do is no longer what's right for the country or her/his constituents, it's whatever gets her/him the most primary votes. Our most recent president won 14,015,993 votes in the 2016 primaries, and 62,984,828 votes in the General election. That's 4% and 20% of the adult population of the USA. We're being governed by the few.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic