Acceptable registrations in the queue through November 21 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Raising revenue, not protection

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
lovinlife101
Posts: 6127
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Raising revenue, not protection

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:01 am

“The purpose of marking tires was to "raise revenue," not to protect the public against a safety risk, the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said.”

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 543025002/

You can throw just about everything else cops do into that category too.



User avatar
ZenithCKLW
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:21 am
Location: Livonia, MI
Contact:

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:53 am

Boring.



Deleted User 12047

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 am

Mr/Ms LL101. while we can appreciate your passion and excitement on your chosen subject, please pass along any efforts you are actually making to improve the situation. Because posting on the Internet especially on this board, is not going to change anything.

Thanks and the best to you and yours.

Signed: Everyone Who Reads This Board



Deleted User 14992

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:54 am

Amen!



lovinlife101
Posts: 6127
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:58 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:01 am
“The purpose of marking tires was to "raise revenue," not to protect the public against a safety risk, the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said.”

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 543025002/

You can throw just about everything else cops do into that category too.
Chuck Davies wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:54 am
Amen!
Can I get a witness?!



lovinlife101
Posts: 6127
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:01 am

Radio Sucks wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 am
Mr/Ms LL101. while we can appreciate your passion and excitement on your chosen subject, please pass along any efforts you are actually making to improve the situation. Because posting on the Internet especially on this board, is not going to change anything.

Thanks and the best to you and yours.

Signed: Everyone Who Reads This Board
So you’re saying every topic on here by every person who posts doesn’t change anything?

Oh, that’s right, because your comment only applies to me and what I say. Ah, now I get it!

#hate #discrimination #bigotry #butitisstillyourright



Deleted User 14992

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:10 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:01 am
Radio Sucks wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 am
Mr/Ms LL101. while we can appreciate your passion and excitement on your chosen subject, please pass along any efforts you are actually making to improve the situation. Because posting on the Internet especially on this board, is not going to change anything.

Thanks and the best to you and yours.

Signed: Everyone Who Reads This Board
So you’re saying every topic on here by every person who posts doesn’t change anything?

Oh, that’s right, because your comment only applies to me and what I say. Ah, now I get it!

#hate #discrimination #bigotry #butitisstillyourright
Here we go again, Radio Sucks you could be in trouble.



Deleted User 12047

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:31 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:01 am
Radio Sucks wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 am
Mr/Ms LL101. while we can appreciate your passion and excitement on your chosen subject, please pass along any efforts you are actually making to improve the situation. Because posting on the Internet especially on this board, is not going to change anything.

Thanks and the best to you and yours.

Signed: Everyone Who Reads This Board
So you’re saying every topic on here by every person who posts doesn’t change anything?

Oh, that’s right, because your comment only applies to me and what I say. Ah, now I get it!

#hate #discrimination #bigotry #butitisstillyourright
Sir/Ma'am - I'm certainly not suggesting that you stop posting, or that somehow your postings are inappropriate. There is a lot of corruption in public life today, especially in law enforcement (look at Columbus Ohio for example.)But you could do so much good if your posts included a link to the petition we might sign hat started a statewide campaign, or the time date and location of a civilian oversight board of a police department that we might attend. And yes, while my post is targeted to you, it certainly applies to anyone else who believes their Internet posts are actually changing the world. There is no hate or discrimination here, only encouragement for someone who seems like they might have the energy and passion to actually change the world. Good luck to you.



lovinlife101
Posts: 6127
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:56 am

“Because posting on the Internet especially on this board, is not going to change anything.“

💯 FALSE!



Deleted User 14992

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:02 pm

Well than make it happen, Prove your point, And make that difference in the 🌎 .



lovinlife101
Posts: 6127
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:05 pm

Chuck Davies wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:02 pm
Well than make it happen, Prove your point, And make that difference in the 🌎 .
Already am



Deleted User 12047

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:20 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:05 pm
Chuck Davies wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:02 pm
Well than make it happen, Prove your point, And make that difference in the 🌎 .
Already am
Great. Look forward to seeing your progress.



lovinlife101
Posts: 6127
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:20 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:05 pm
Chuck Davies wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:02 pm
Well than make it happen, Prove your point, And make that difference in the 🌎 .
Already am
Great. Look forward to seeing your progress.
Already have



lovinlife101
Posts: 6127
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:56 am




stopnswop2
Posts: 2756
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: Raising revenue, not protection

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:04 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:34 pm
Radio Sucks wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:20 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:05 pm
Chuck Davies wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:02 pm
Well than make it happen, Prove your point, And make that difference in the 🌎 .
Already am
Great. Look forward to seeing your progress.
Already have
Care to share your "progress" with us?


Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic