Lots of new registrations this past week; thank you! Registrations in the queue from March 26 through March 27 at 7:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Radio Sucks
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by Radio Sucks » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:20 pm

It is certainly a hot button third-rail topic, and for good reason. I'm going to offer my own tortured thoughts on the subject, which I know will subject me to all sorts of name calling and trolling. But if we could have a serious, sane discussion on the topic, it just might help.

I hate the thought of killing a baby, but I also hate the thought of the government telling anyone what to do with their body.

Do you prosecute the mother who makes the decision or just the doctor who carries out her wishes?

I can't justify being against abortion and for the death penalty.

Making something illegal doesn't stop it from happening... see murder, drug use, child molestation.

We now live in a world where one income households are rare and not really feasible. Parents need child care to make ends meet. Children need health care, which gets more expensive every day. It seems to me that those who are against abortion would look a lot more credible if they were also campaigning to support the baby after it's born as much as they are trying to protect if before it's born.

Thanks... girding my loins now for replies.



lovinlife101
Posts: 3519
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:29 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:20 pm
It is certainly a hot button third-rail topic, and for good reason. I'm going to offer my own tortured thoughts on the subject, which I know will subject me to all sorts of name calling and trolling. But if we could have a serious, sane discussion on the topic, it just might help.

I hate the thought of killing a baby, but I also hate the thought of the government telling anyone what to do with their body.

Do you prosecute the mother who makes the decision or just the doctor who carries out her wishes?

I can't justify being against abortion and for the death penalty.

Making something illegal doesn't stop it from happening... see murder, drug use, child molestation.

We now live in a world where one income households are rare and not really feasible. Parents need child care to make ends meet. Children need health care, which gets more expensive every day. It seems to me that those who are against abortion would look a lot more credible if they were also campaigning to support the baby after it's born as much as they are trying to protect if before it's born.

Thanks... girding my loins now for replies.
Radio Sucks and so do your arguments.

Murder is wrong.

This is the same thing as asking “Can we have a sane conversation about slavery, pedophilia, rape, and genocide?”

The arguments about the economics of it, healthcare, etc. are inconsequential.

Of course, screen glare’s argument will be “you’re never going to stop it completely.” Again, inconsequential and ignorant. Do what’s right no matter the consequences. If the slave owners go bankrupt, so be it. If slaves lose their employment being slaves, so be it.



Radio Sucks
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by Radio Sucks » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:04 pm

lovinlife101, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
Don't know if I'm going to push this button or not.



lovinlife101
Posts: 3519
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:45 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:04 pm
lovinlife101, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
Don't know if I'm going to push this button or not.
Radio Sucks: “Whatever shall we do?! Criminalizing murder would be a logistical nightmare! It’s not like ‘safe and legal’ murder was only allowed since 1973.”



Rate This
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:09 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:04 pm
lovinlife101, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
Don't know if I'm going to push this button or not.
I did for you... don’t bother.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 2105
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:18 pm

The consequences of abortion should be left to God. As for the law, life begins at birth (or 26 weeks based on court decisions) so to call an abortion murder is just ignorant.

Row v Wade protects this medical procedure but if having an abortion conflicts with your faith, don't have one.

What is left to discuss?

(Rate This, I have had this poster on ignore shortly after it's first post in the Political forum. You'll never look back.)


© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. Assembled in U.S.A. By reading this content you accept our terms of use and waive all rights.

lovinlife101
Posts: 3519
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:26 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:04 pm
lovinlife101, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
Don't know if I'm going to push this button or not.
Radio Sucks: “I want a sane discussion on a topic. I censor and silence those I disagree with, but I want a sane discussion!”



km1125
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by km1125 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:31 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:20 pm
I hate the thought of killing a baby, but I also hate the thought of the government telling anyone what to do with their body.
If the baby is viable, then it's a life and that life should be protected just as it would be at 1 month, 12 months or 10 years.
Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:20 pm
I can't justify being against abortion and for the death penalty.
Someone who has qualified for the death penalty has proven they are a threat to society and human life. Not likely the baby has done that, but I guess if you could prove they have then maybe they do deserve the same fate.
Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:20 pm
We now live in a world where one income households are rare and not really feasible. Parents need child care to make ends meet. Children need health care, which gets more expensive every day. It seems to me that those who are against abortion would look a lot more credible if they were also campaigning to support the baby after it's born as much as they are trying to protect if before it's born.
It's just not true that you need more than one income for a household. The ONLY reason many THINK they do is because of unrealistic expectations. I don't know how many "low income" folks I know that pay monthly for cable and fast Internet, always buy the latest iPhone that's out, and also have an iPad or two that are on data plans, among many other luxuries. While you're in a starting job and trying to raise a family, a lot of those luxuries should be bypassed until you climb a couple rungs on the ladder.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 2105
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:36 pm

Again, you are mixing your religion with law. We have a division of church and state in the U.S.

Anyone who is defending unborn fetuses, where are you with living children in cages and foster care? Because it seems like a bunch of hypocrisy flying around.


© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. Assembled in U.S.A. By reading this content you accept our terms of use and waive all rights.

screen glare
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by screen glare » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:20 pm

It IS hypocrisy.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2189
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:26 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:31 pm
It's just not true that you need more than one income for a household. The ONLY reason many THINK they do is because of unrealistic expectations.
BINGO! Studies have shown that people classified as living in poverty in the U.S., have better lifestyles than the people designated as middle class in many other countries.

Here's the deal. If there isn't a heartbeat, it's a abortion. If there's a heartbeat, it's murder.


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 2652
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:27 pm

My view of abortion is that it's morally wrong. If the woman was a member of my family or someone else over whom I had influence I would try to dissuade her. But, in the end, it would be her decision.

I don't believe I have the right to enforce my moral code on others.


You have to use the good brand of duct tape. The cheap stuff, they can work it loose with their tongue.

Rate This
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:29 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:26 pm
km1125 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:31 pm
It's just not true that you need more than one income for a household. The ONLY reason many THINK they do is because of unrealistic expectations.
BINGO! Studies have shown that people classified as living in poverty in the U.S., have better lifestyles than the people designated as middle class in many other countries.

Here's the deal. If there isn't a heartbeat, it's a abortion. If there's a heartbeat, it's murder.
But doesn’t it get a heartbeat well before it’s able to survive outside the mother?



screen glare
Posts: 1740
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by screen glare » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:31 pm

Each pregnant female chooses weather to carry and deliver, or abort. It’s a universal choice. And it’s private. None of your business - because it is not your body.

As irritating, infuriating, confounding, unjust, not fair, or whatever you believe each female’s choice is - it is hers.

And legal, or not, determined pregnant females will always accomplish abortion, if they choose that option. Either DIY, or with assistance.



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:24 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:26 pm
km1125 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:31 pm
It's just not true that you need more than one income for a household. The ONLY reason many THINK they do is because of unrealistic expectations.
BINGO! Studies have shown that people classified as living in poverty in the U.S., have better lifestyles than the people designated as middle class in many other countries.

Here's the deal. If there isn't a heartbeat, it's a abortion. If there's a heartbeat, it's murder.
Reasonable, definable, consistent!


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic