All accepted registrations through June 15 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

Flint Water trials cancelled

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Flint Water trials cancelled

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:51 pm

I wonder where this is going. I suspect that the targets of Schuette's prosecution will become witnesses for new charges against Muchmore and Snyder. Muchmore was the mastermind behind moving Flint to the new water pipeline and subsequent river water intake. Let's hope the right guy goes to prison.
DETROIT (AP) — Prosecutors dropped all criminal charges Thursday against eight people in the Flint water crisis and pledged to start from scratch the investigation into one of the worst man-made environmental disasters in U.S. history.
https://www.record-eagle.com/state/pros ... 4228f.html

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

TheForce

Re: Flint Water trials cancelled

Post by TheForce » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:49 pm

They really know how to milk a story to death. Time to move on. What's done is done.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:13 am

I have faith in Kym Worthy. If she’s involved the correct big fish will be brought to justice. And it starts with all of the evidence. Including state issued electronic devices former governor Snyder and others were using to communicate.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:15 am

Cops and politicians, they’re all in it together. They protect their own and screw the public.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:16 am

screen glare wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:13 am
I have faith in Kym Worthy. If she’s involved the correct big fish will be brought to justice. And it starts with all of the evidence. Including state issued electronic devices former governor Snyder and others were using to communicate.
I have zero faith in politicians. That includes prosecutors.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:29 am

The study also showed two other unexpected results: Lead levels dropped after initially spiking after the water switch in April 2014, rather than getting progressively worse during the 18 months the city used river water, and lead levels in Flint sewage sludge was actually higher in 2011, while the city was using pre-treated water from Lake Huron, than at any point since
Interesting new data has come to light. I wonder how this will figure in future investigations? Seems testing had been being fudged prior to the switch over.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mli ... tType=amp

If you have a really big butt, can you get away with doing things half-assed?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:48 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:51 pm
I wonder where this is going. I suspect that the targets of Schuette's prosecution will become witnesses for new charges against Muchmore and Snyder. Muchmore was the mastermind behind moving Flint to the new water pipeline and subsequent river water intake. Let's hope the right guy goes to prison.
DETROIT (AP) — Prosecutors dropped all criminal charges Thursday against eight people in the Flint water crisis and pledged to start from scratch the investigation into one of the worst man-made environmental disasters in U.S. history.
Nobody is going to prison. Nobody was EVER going to prison. The decision to switch was approved by Flint's incompetent city council and was executed under the direction of the state, as the city was under state emergency management. Bill Schuette initiated the investigation and overshot the prosecution to differentiate himself from his main primary opponent. The new leadership in the AG's office reviewed the evidence and found just this, but they're attempting to use the situation for political gain. You've seen how they've apparently slandered Todd Flood every step of the way. Make no mistake, there will be plenty of innuendos but NO actual further criminal charges.
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:16 am
screen glare wrote:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/9 ... tty-she-is

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:54 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:48 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:51 pm
Nobody is going to prison. Nobody was EVER going to prison. The decision to switch was approved by Flint's incompetent city council and was executed under the direction of the state, as the city was under state emergency management. Bill Schuette initiated the investigation and overshot the prosecution to differentiate himself from his main primary opponent. The new leadership in the AG's office reviewed the evidence and found just this, but they're attempting to use the situation for political gain. You've seen how they've apparently slandered Todd Flood every step of the way. Make no mistake, there will be plenty of innuendos but NO actual further criminal charges.
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:16 am
screen glare wrote:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/9 ... tty-she-is
100% yes.

Those who follow politicians believing they may do the right thing are like people who watch a TV sitcom rerun and expect a different ending.

“Public servants” do not look out for you. They look out for themselves at your expense and most of the public goes along willingly.

Sickening. WAKE UP, SHEEP!!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:00 pm

I, too, am frustrated by the denigration of Todd Flood's work by Nessel and her minions.

There is zero evidence Muchmore did anything wrong.

I remind everyone that Nick Lyon was a very big fish in the Snyder administration, so I guess I don't understand TC Talks' remarks. Eden Wells isn't exactly small potatoes, either.

I disagree with Matt completely that future political aspirations factored into Schuette's actions. He wanted justice for those who suffered as a result of MDEQ's, DHHS's and Flint DPW's disgusting actions.

Poll after poll showed Flint wasn't a big factor one way or the other for GOP primary voters, and it didn't seem to help Schuette at all in the general election.

I fear Nessel's investigation will be influenced far more by politics than Schuette's ever was. And, yes, it would not at all surprise me if no charges are reinstated and no new charges are brought.

The message this sends? If you are a rank-and-file employee or middle manager in state government and intentionally manipulated or withheld data to both mislead & endanger the public - no worries! Dana Nessel's got your back! (We're only interested in targeting household names who are partisan politicians of the opposing party.)

If one or more of the previously charged individuals were acting on orders from someone "much higher up," we would've heard about it by now!!

All I can say is - I'm proud to have voted for Tom Leonard.

MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:06 pm

Blood Pb was greater prior to the "crisis".

"Lead release to potable water during the Flint, Michigan water crisis as revealed by routine biosolids monitoring data"

"The worst childhood lead exposure occurred in 2011, unrelated to the FWC."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... via%3Dihub

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:00 pm
I, too, am frustrated by the denigration of Todd Flood's work by Nessel and her minions.

There is zero evidence Muchmore did anything wrong.

I remind everyone that Nick Lyon was a very big fish in the Snyder administration, so I guess I don't understand TC Talks' remarks. Eden Wells isn't exactly small potatoes, either.

I disagree with Matt completely that future political aspirations factored into Schuette's actions. He wanted justice for those who suffered as a result of MDEQ's, DHHS's and Flint DPW's disgusting actions.

Poll after poll showed Flint wasn't a big factor one way or the other for GOP primary voters, and it didn't seem to help Schuette at all in the general election.

I fear Nessel's investigation will be influenced far more by politics than Schuette's ever was. And, yes, it would not at all surprise me if no charges are reinstated and no new charges are brought.

The message this sends? If you are a rank-and-file employee or middle manager in state government and intentionally manipulated or withheld data to both mislead & endanger the public - no worries! Dana Nessel's got your back! (We're only interested in targeting household names who are partisan politicians of the opposing party.)

If one or more of the previously charged individuals were acting on orders from someone "much higher up," we would've heard about it by now!!

All I can say is - I'm proud to have voted for Tom Leonard.
Would you at least agree that the charges were bullshit? Want to investigate? Fine. The real culprit was decades of local mismanagement in Flint.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:53 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:06 pm
Blood Pb was greater prior to the "crisis".

"Lead release to potable water during the Flint, Michigan water crisis as revealed by routine biosolids monitoring data"

"The worst childhood lead exposure occurred in 2011, unrelated to the FWC."
This

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... via%3Dihub
THIS

If you have a really big butt, can you get away with doing things half-assed?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:51 pm

Would you at least agree that the charges were bullshit? Want to investigate? Fine. The real culprit was decades of local mismanagement in Flint.
Most of the charges were warranted, in my opinion. Some of the involuntary manslaughter charges may have been an overreach. The Judge who presided over the preliminary exam certainly was convinced all charges against Lyon were reasonable, including the manslaughter charge.

"Decades of local mismanagement" isn't the direct reason lead testing results following the switch were bastardized by MDEQ officials, and sure as hell isn't the reason MDEQ's supposed drinking water experts were completely incompetent and malfeasant in carrying out their job duties.

GM's metallic parts weren't rusting in 2011. Residents weren't developing skin lesions and rashes from contact with local water in 2011. There wasn't a legionnaire's outbreak in 2011, either.

Now, all that said, I certainly don't deny that Flint's government has been loaded with bad people over the years. Mayor Walling was a fucking embarrassment and didn't do a damn thing to help his constituents. He clearly was a proponent of using the Flint River as a drinking water source and was willing to "go down with the ship." Everyone remembers the photo-op when the switch was flipped.

The fact Flint's wastewater plant was inadequately separating & processing solids as far back as 2011 is even more proof that the Flint Water Plant was ill-prepared to supply drinking water directly to Flint residents! Simply making a terrible decision is not a criminal act, though. (It certainly has the potential to be tortious, but not criminal.)

The criminality came from the intentional distortion of data for purposes of misrepresenting the quality of Flint's water, including but not limited to data analyzing causation of the legionnaire's outbreak.

My prediction - at the end of the day, the civil litigation will probably prove to be more noteworthy than the criminal litigation.

MEMO TO 89-EX: FIX YOUR SHITTY SOUNDING AUDIO!! WE CAN HARDLY HEAR THE FRIGGIN' STATION! Thanks in advance.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:29 pm

I am wondering if Schuette's office didn't actually do an investigation because it was merely a campaign stunt. So now they have to start over and open a real investigation.

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:33 pm

Just changing chairs on the boat is all Dana should have kept the charges as is. I don't trust her I have disliked her from the beginning for AG Pat Miles would've been the much better choice as AG on the Dem side would maybe have voted for Pat if he won. Tom would have been the better AG than who we have right now Dana I hope she loses in 2022.

Sad that there will be no justice for Flint no one will be going to jail civil litigation will be noteworthy as MW said.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic