All accepted registrations through November 16 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Biden's Done...

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw
Posts: 1281
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:22 pm

Biden will have to face the reality that the Democrat party as a whole has lurched so far to the left the past few years that he almost looks like a conservative. And to win primaries, he will have to move further to the left himself.

EDIT - after typing everything I typed here, I read this: "Former Vice President Joe Biden came close to announcing his presidential candidacy on Saturday night when he told Delaware Democrats he has the 'most progressive record of anybody running.' " https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 193521002/

So yeah, turns out I was exactly right and didn't even know it. What we have here is a race to see who is the most progressive. And if NS is reading this - I hate to break it to you, but again, your party has no interest in nominating a moderate.

/EDIT.

I find him to be a weak candidate generally (despite currently leading in the polls) because as soon as Democrats coalesce behind one of the far left candidates, Biden will be done.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 5205
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:56 pm

Agreed. He leads in the polls solely by virtue of name recognition.


Alexis Wiley and Mike Duggan - together following in Hillary's footsteps!

Deleted User 8570

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:06 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:22 pm
Biden will have to face the reality that the Democrat party as a whole has lurched so far to the left the past few years that he almost looks like a conservative. And to win primaries, he will have to move further to the left himself.

EDIT - after typing everything I typed here, I read this: "Former Vice President Joe Biden came close to announcing his presidential candidacy on Saturday night when he told Delaware Democrats he has the 'most progressive record of anybody running.' " https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 193521002/

So yeah, turns out I was exactly right and didn't even know it. What we have here is a race to see who is the most progressive. And if NS is reading this - I hate to break it to you, but again, your party has no interest in nominating a moderate.

/EDIT.

I find him to be a weak candidate generally (despite currently leading in the polls) because as soon as Democrats coalesce behind one of the far left candidates, Biden will be done.
A more Progressive tilt in the primaries and a moderating one in the general... that’s the way this usually goes. With the GOP it used to work exactly the same... Trump is just wall to wall red meat for the base.... he’s not interested in anybody else so those independents are up for grabs at the very least...

What will probably shake out of this is a moderate with some progressive positions that the Republicans will tar and feather as a boogeyman of the day and scare their base Into voting against while never being for anything. Oh and tax cuts.

The GOP is against everything... the sky is falling... “The Left” (TM) is coming etc... where are the Conservative ideas and plans.. substantive ones... to save the day from these evils then? How many times can the base simply be fooled into thinking everything is “The Left’s” (TM) fault? Things get “worse”, the GOP does zilch about it and then scare them with “The Left” again... oh and tax cuts.

Tax cuts are the only reason the GOP exists at this point... their political money backing wants tax cuts and isn’t a whit scared and the base is scared witless. Combine them and after 40+ years of elections you’d think they’d catch on to someone pulling the wool over their eyes. Oh and tax cuts.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2752
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by Bryce » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:17 am

NS8401 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:06 pm




where are the Conservative ideas and plans.. substantive ones... to save the day from these evils then?
Well, there is this idea for a wall at the southern border.


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

zzand
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:16 am
Location: right here

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by zzand » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:40 am

Everyone has said all the claims against the President would do him in, they haven't and I don't see this claim doing Biden in. As to his chances of winning, way to early to predict as right now the Democratic side needs to weed out those who will never make it to the end.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:46 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:17 am
NS8401 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:06 pm




where are the Conservative ideas and plans.. substantive ones... to save the day from these evils then?
Well, there is this idea for a wall at the southern border.
But that’s a half baked scheme... it isn’t thought out well, it hasn’t been researched, it hasn’t been discussed. It’s been chanted about at his rallies though...

This when the total number of illegals here is actually the lowest since 2004, illegal crossing overall are down and the vast majority of illegals overstayed visas. Granted “fix the visas” doesn’t make a good chant like “build the wall” but if he was serious about this instead of just revving up the base he’d start with the visa problem.

Then you consider that they’ll tunnel over or under said wall and it’s no better than the Great Wall of china... which was breached many times in its history as a fortification.



FET-500
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by FET-500 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:31 am

NS8401 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:59 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:29 pm
https://www.thecut.com/2019/03/an-awkwa ... biden.html
I felt him get closer to me from behind. He leaned further in and inhaled my hair. I was mortified. I thought to myself, “I didn’t wash my hair today and the vice-president of the United States is smelling it. And also, what in the actual fuck? Why is the vice-president of the United States smelling my hair?” He proceeded to plant a big slow kiss on the back of my head. My brain couldn’t process what was happening. I was embarrassed. I was shocked. I was confused. There is a Spanish saying, “tragame tierra,” it means, “earth, swallow me whole.” I couldn’t move and I couldn’t say anything. I wanted nothing more than to get Biden away from me. My name was called and I was never happier to get on stage in front of an audience
As a famous guy once said, " This is a big fucking deal."
He’s the liberal equivalent of Trump with more integrity and a grip on reality... if Biden’s done then Trump is dead and buried... there is absolutely no difference between this and what Trump does...
Ha, you've got this wrong... It is the DNC who is killing Biden. The party is thinning the herd - you saw what happened to Beto, Biden is next.



User avatar
Ben Zonia
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Honor

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:40 am

I heard yesterday that all of those Creepy Joe Biden videos are photoshopped. And the Democrat word of the day for those videos is "Yawn". That's the first default Democrat response. They only worry if none of the default responses work anymore. It takes a worried man, to sing a worried song. Dems are worried now, but they won't be worried long.


"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 14935

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:51 am

Maybe more women will come forward and maybe Obama could get dragged in as well, So is Obama next to be accused ? This could be a big thing, That would make my day. But then again the media is liberal, The media would just not cover the story, And make up fake news about The President.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2752
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by Bryce » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:06 am

NS8401 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:46 am


This when the total number of illegals here is actually the lowest since 2004, illegal crossing overall are down and the vast majority of illegals overstayed visas.

You really should read more than Democrat talking points.
Border Patrol agents expect to see more than 100,000 apprehensions and encounters with migrants in March, the highest monthly total in over a decade
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 309462002/


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

Mr.Transistor
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:34 am

FET-500 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:31 am
NS8401 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:59 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:29 pm
https://www.thecut.com/2019/03/an-awkwa ... biden.html
I felt him get closer to me from behind. He leaned further in and inhaled my hair. I was mortified. I thought to myself, “I didn’t wash my hair today and the vice-president of the United States is smelling it. And also, what in the actual fuck? Why is the vice-president of the United States smelling my hair?” He proceeded to plant a big slow kiss on the back of my head. My brain couldn’t process what was happening. I was embarrassed. I was shocked. I was confused. There is a Spanish saying, “tragame tierra,” it means, “earth, swallow me whole.” I couldn’t move and I couldn’t say anything. I wanted nothing more than to get Biden away from me. My name was called and I was never happier to get on stage in front of an audience
As a famous guy once said, " This is a big fucking deal."
He’s the liberal equivalent of Trump with more integrity and a grip on reality... if Biden’s done then Trump is dead and buried... there is absolutely no difference between this and what Trump does...
Ha, you've got this wrong... It is the DNC who is killing Biden. The party is thinning the herd - you saw what happened to Beto, Biden is next.
I'm not sure who their "chosen one" is....perhaps Kamala? But I'm sure Joe has been deemed too old and moderate for their liking. I agree the DNC is trying to get rid of him



Deleted User 8570

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:20 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:06 am
NS8401 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:46 am


This when the total number of illegals here is actually the lowest since 2004, illegal crossing overall are down and the vast majority of illegals overstayed visas.

You really should read more than Democrat talking points.
Border Patrol agents expect to see more than 100,000 apprehensions and encounters with migrants in March, the highest monthly total in over a decade
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 309462002/
Democratic talking points?

Pew research centers 5 fast facts on immigration:
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... n-the-u-s/

There has also been talk that Trump and co. Are making the problem appear worse than it actually is by denying asylum at the ports of entry... bound and determined to get in after having come all that way and not taking no for an answer they try to sneak across. If that is the case than the crossings would be artificially inflated.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2752
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by Bryce » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:26 am

NS8401 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:20 am

Pew research centers 5 fast facts on immigration:
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... n-the-u-s/

Umm, it's April 1st, 2019 that article was from November, 2018. Much has changed since then. Try to stay current.


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:08 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:26 am
NS8401 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:20 am

Pew research centers 5 fast facts on immigration:
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... n-the-u-s/

Umm, it's April 1st, 2019 that article was from November, 2018. Much has changed since then. Try to stay current.
What much has changed in 4 months? We’re right back to doing the same Trump fueled crap we did right before the election... facts are pesky things... try not to be biased...

They are using fear to manipulate people into supporting them... that’s hardly commendable behavior...



lovinlife101
Posts: 2786
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Biden's Done...

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:09 am

Stinks to be Biden, but this brings up such a timely and appropriate issue: consent.

Sure, there will be those who say, "What's the big deal? Others have done so much more! The only thing he's guilty of is being creepy."

"Not true!" I say.

Touching, smelling, and rubbing noses in a non-consensual way...CRIME I SAY!!!

Remember kids, consent is our friend! Use it!!!



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic