All accepted registrations through August 15 at 7:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

More pigs escaping from the pen

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 8570

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:14 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:48 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:48 pm
I was not being sarcastic, nor was I basing it on any factual evidence.
I'm just saying, the justice system is flawed and I don't doubt a large majority of people in prison are actally innocent.
Or like NS said, in for bullshit reasons like marijuana, not paying child support, etc.
Lumping non-payment of support in with weedheads? What kind of relativism is this?
I’d rather have a cop solving a rape murder or robbery case than arresting somebody for not paying their baby momma... it’s not relativism... it’s prioritization...



FET-500
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by FET-500 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:25 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:14 pm
FET-500 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:48 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:48 pm
I was not being sarcastic, nor was I basing it on any factual evidence.
I'm just saying, the justice system is flawed and I don't doubt a large majority of people in prison are actally innocent.
Or like NS said, in for bullshit reasons like marijuana, not paying child support, etc.
Lumping non-payment of support in with weedheads? What kind of relativism is this?
I’d rather have a cop solving a rape murder or robbery case than arresting somebody for not paying their baby momma... it’s not relativism... it’s prioritization...
No, it is relativism and "baby momma" is a racist pejorative. Well played...



stopnswop2
Posts: 2621
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:35 pm

racist??
Oh ffs. And no its not relativism. It's priority.
NS said It perfectly!


Music is my life.

FET-500
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by FET-500 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:52 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:35 pm
racist??
Oh ffs. And no its not relativism. It's priority.
NS said It perfectly!
You equated marijuana laws with child support, and that is relativism.

That either of you could could argue that "baby momma" is a racist pejorative term pretty much makes my point.



stopnswop2
Posts: 2621
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:58 pm

I never "equated" them. I was listing random offences. Never said they were related In any way. Don't assume shit.
And that is NOT a racist term.

You are just trying to stir things up.


Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:56 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:25 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:14 pm
FET-500 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:48 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:48 pm
I was not being sarcastic, nor was I basing it on any factual evidence.
I'm just saying, the justice system is flawed and I don't doubt a large majority of people in prison are actally innocent.
Or like NS said, in for bullshit reasons like marijuana, not paying child support, etc.
Lumping non-payment of support in with weedheads? What kind of relativism is this?
I’d rather have a cop solving a rape murder or robbery case than arresting somebody for not paying their baby momma... it’s not relativism... it’s prioritization...
No, it is relativism and "baby momma" is a racist pejorative. Well played...
It is only a racist pejorative if you want it to be... I used it to describe a situation anyone of any race or ethnicity could be in. That’s all in your head and not mine. You lose.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2173
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:36 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 am
TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:18 am
What is inappropriate about the topic? It's POL POT, what topics are any better?

This is police brutality. If the victim had been Black, it would be all over the National News. Tip to youngsters. Tattoos are used by police for profiling and ID. Don't make yourself a target.
Thanks for acknowledging the issue. The police propaganda machine have been quite effective over the years. From Sesame Street praising police for being the “people in your neighborhood” and portraying them as saints, to news people being literally and figuratively in bed with them, it’s all part of the masquerade that police are always right and the public is always wrong.
Criminals are always wrong. And a scourge on society. Police are the only defense against rapists, carjackers and armed gang members. No organization is perfect. But Ill take an imperfect line of defense over evil-like gang members killing kids in the crossfire, innocent women being raped by drunk punks, old ladies being mugged or robbed inside their home, etc. I stand by my belief that if you are anti-cop, you are complicit in criminals running free.
Cops that violate the Constitution are criminals. All the things you have named criminals do, cops have done too.

I'm not anti-cop. I'm anti-bad cops.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2173
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:37 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:23 am
HD74 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:21 am
Wow.
I read that as sarcasm?
As in: "Half of the prison population is innocent, just ask them..."
Much of it may be in for bullshit reasons (like weed)...
Agreed.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2173
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:46 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:23 am
HD74 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:21 am
Wow.
I read that as sarcasm?
As in: "Half of the prison population is innocent, just ask them..."
Much of it may be in for bullshit reasons (like weed)...
Not saying you are wrong on this...however, they were still knowingly engaged in activity that was unlawful in that jurisdiction. They knew what they were risking. It may not be major, but they still knowingly broke a law. So its not a wrongful conviction...just an offense whose lack of legality can be re-examined and, in the case of Michigan, potentially changed to cut down on those kinds of convictions. Doesnt change the fact that those jailed still knowingly broke a law.
This book proposes that the average person commits three felonies a day. That includes cops.

https://www.businessinsider.com/henry-b ... day-2009-9

But cops have "discretion," meaning they can enforce or not enforce what they want.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2173
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:43 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:35 pm
I drive 75 in a 70 all the time, maybe even 80. What's the difference? (I'm not being facetious, just curious why I'm not thrown in jail yet those people caught with weed are, and citing "they broke the law".) They both seem like bullshit reasons to be thrown in jail, yet one has a different result than the other.
Speed limits are set artificially low so that anyone with anything to do and places to be get fined for traveling safely, even when nobody else in on the road. I can see an argument for driving safely, but to say that 75 MPH is "safe" because that's what the sign says and 80 MPH isn't safe just because it's above 75 MPH is ignorant.

Is driving 40 MPH in a 25 MPH zone traveling safely? Most likely, yes! Is going 25 MPH in a 25 MPH zone in a heavy residential neighborhood not safe? Possibly!

Cops try to enforce artificial standards of "safety" that only separates money from the public and to the police department.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2596
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:43 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:35 pm
I drive 75 in a 70 all the time, maybe even 80. What's the difference? (I'm not being facetious, just curious why I'm not thrown in jail yet those people caught with weed are, and citing "they broke the law".) They both seem like bullshit reasons to be thrown in jail, yet one has a different result than the other.
Speed limits are set artificially low so that anyone with anything to do and places to be get fined for traveling safely, even when nobody else in on the road. I can see an argument for driving safely, but to say that 75 MPH is "safe" because that's what the sign says and 80 MPH isn't safe just because it's above 75 MPH is ignorant.

Is driving 40 MPH in a 25 MPH zone traveling safely? Most likely, yes! Is going 25 MPH in a 25 MPH zone in a heavy residential neighborhood not safe? Possibly!

Cops try to enforce artificial standards of "safety" that only separates money from the public and to the police department.
Ya know, I let my Police Dog read this thread. Even he thinks you suck.


If you have a really big butt, can you get away with doing things half-assed?

Deleted User 8570

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:44 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:43 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:35 pm
I drive 75 in a 70 all the time, maybe even 80. What's the difference? (I'm not being facetious, just curious why I'm not thrown in jail yet those people caught with weed are, and citing "they broke the law".) They both seem like bullshit reasons to be thrown in jail, yet one has a different result than the other.
Speed limits are set artificially low so that anyone with anything to do and places to be get fined for traveling safely, even when nobody else in on the road. I can see an argument for driving safely, but to say that 75 MPH is "safe" because that's what the sign says and 80 MPH isn't safe just because it's above 75 MPH is ignorant.

Is driving 40 MPH in a 25 MPH zone traveling safely? Most likely, yes! Is going 25 MPH in a 25 MPH zone in a heavy residential neighborhood not safe? Possibly!

Cops try to enforce artificial standards of "safety" that only separates money from the public and to the police department.
Ya know, I let my Police Dog read this thread. Even he thinks you suck.
You should let him get some practice in...



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2596
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:48 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:44 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:43 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:35 pm
I drive 75 in a 70 all the time, maybe even 80. What's the difference? (I'm not being facetious, just curious why I'm not thrown in jail yet those people caught with weed are, and citing "they broke the law".) They both seem like bullshit reasons to be thrown in jail, yet one has a different result than the other.
Speed limits are set artificially low so that anyone with anything to do and places to be get fined for traveling safely, even when nobody else in on the road. I can see an argument for driving safely, but to say that 75 MPH is "safe" because that's what the sign says and 80 MPH isn't safe just because it's above 75 MPH is ignorant.

Is driving 40 MPH in a 25 MPH zone traveling safely? Most likely, yes! Is going 25 MPH in a 25 MPH zone in a heavy residential neighborhood not safe? Possibly!

Cops try to enforce artificial standards of "safety" that only separates money from the public and to the police department.
Ya know, I let my Police Dog read this thread. Even he thinks you suck.
You should let him get some practice in...
We only use volunteers for practice. He's (yes, I said he) is too big a pussy to do so.


If you have a really big butt, can you get away with doing things half-assed?

stopnswop2
Posts: 2621
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:53 pm

*grabs popcorn*


Music is my life.

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2596
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: More pigs escaping from the pen

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:00 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:53 pm
*grabs popcorn*
Popcorn is white. I'm sure that if it was black, you would have no desire to "grab" it. You racist, police loving bitch. :wink:


If you have a really big butt, can you get away with doing things half-assed?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic