Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Shutdown 2.0

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 14888

Shutdown 2.0

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:34 pm

Will Pelosi and Schumer give in this time, Our Will Trump shut the Government down a second time and Declare a “National Emergency” To Get the funding for The Wall? The Shutdown date is on February 15th.

Deleted User 14896

Re: Shutdown 2.0

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:41 pm

I am certainly not someone who leans to the left.
But I am a bit disgruntled that our President is holding up budget bills to build a wall.
I fully understand the reasons to have a wall. It's not about that.
But no matter how many illegals may be streaming into the country, to shut down the government over not getting it funded is a bit befuddling to me.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:53 pm

Illegal crossings are down and most of it is visa overstays... “streaming in” is a nothingburger...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:45 am

I saw an article when skimming through sites yesterday about him saying he is planning on declaring one.
I didn't open the article though

Music is my life.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:07 pm

Seems to me if this is an actual national emergency then Trump is derelict in his duties as President not to have declared it as such immediately. If it were an actual national emergency then the courts will uphold the declaration and Congress should (as the Constitution states) provide oversight and funding for remediation.

That fact that the President has not made a formal declaration of an emergency, the fact that he has repeatedly stepped back from doing so is airtight confirmation the "emergency" is simply a ginned up excuse to make good on a campaign promise and a negotiation tool and as such Congress is under no obligation to help him achieve that promise.

Either it is a national emergency or it's not. Kinda like being pregnant.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic