Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Separation of Church and State restored

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Separation of Church and State restored

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:04 am

In a positive move,
In a surprise move, the chief justice joined the Supreme Court’s liberal wing in a 5-to-4 decision blocking a Louisiana law that could have severely restricted abortion in the state. Although he offered no reason for his vote, there is little doubt that he wanted to avoid sending the message that the court was ready to discard a 2016 decision, a precedent, in which it struck down a similar Texas law.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:16 am

1) A majority of states issue birth certificates for stillborns.

2) To be declared brain-dead, a person must have irreversibly lost function in all parts of his or her brain. Doctors make that call by performing neurological exams to search for electrical brain activity, or blood circulation to the brain.

3) Doctors can also declare people dead if their heart stops beating and won't start up again on its own. But hearts can sometimes be restarted after they stop beating,

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:24 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:48 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:05 am

A better question would be: when do they issue birth certificates?
I notice they don't refer to them as "viable human life certificates."

To certify death, this is a criteria:
There will be no palpable central pulse and no audible heart sounds
That would lead one to believe that if those are present, it is a life.
That, and already being alive and separate from the womb.

We could go round and round for 30 pages and it's not going to change either of our minds. The reality is the law is on my side and right to life just does not have the horsepower or the majority to change it.

Thanks to Trump, the Christian agenda has shifted to the war on Christmas. Did any new pro-life candidates get elected? I know millennials simply do not have the same convictions.

As a Progressive, I choose to believe in actual science that says that a clump of cells magically turns into a human once it has completely left the birth canal. The doctor must listen for the "sparkle" sound to indicate that the magical transformation has happened.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:45 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:16 am
1) A majority of states issue birth certificates for stillborns.

2) To be declared brain-dead, a person must have irreversibly lost function in all parts of his or her brain. Doctors make that call by performing neurological exams to search for electrical brain activity, or blood circulation to the brain.

3) Doctors can also declare people dead if their heart stops beating and won't start up again on its own. But hearts can sometimes be restarted after they stop beating,
And you know my response...

I respect your right to do what's best for you. But over half of Americans don't share your opinion and your beliefs should not be pushed on them.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:22 pm

Abortion will ALWAYS be with us. Legally. Illegally.

Most often legally the fetus dies.

Illegally often both fetus AND the woman/girl die.

If your daughter, mother, sister, wife, aunt, niece, or female cousin decides to choose abortion - which distasteful and unfortunate outcome do you want?

Abortion will ALWAYS be with us.

Put on your big boy pants and decide which outcome you think best.

See? Only the female carrying the fetus in her body has the complete, unique, and intimate amount of information and appreciation to decide.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic