All accepted registrations through December 9 at 7:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:45 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm
I don't ever, ever...EVER want to hear conservatives whine about wasteful spending ever again. The fits that were thrown over health insurance...holy hell.
So you're comparing the wall which is 1/880th of the federal budget to healthcare which is 1/6th of the total economy?



Deleted User 8570

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:31 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:45 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm
I don't ever, ever...EVER want to hear conservatives whine about wasteful spending ever again. The fits that were thrown over health insurance...holy hell.
So you're comparing the wall which is 1/880th of the federal budget to healthcare which is 1/6th of the total economy?
While it is 1/6th of the total economy I wouldn’t call a Republican plan they suddenly didn’t support when somebody else proposed it a government anything. So let’s not even walk down that minefield. I’m thinking of your safety here.

The only one thing Trump has been consistent on for decades is not immigration. It’s tariffs. The wall is the means to an end for him and that end is his re-election. He has hired illegals for Mar-a-lago as well as his own private homes and Melania’s Parents are chain migrants. He doesn’t give a shit about immigration or illegals or any of it. No way Jose... he just wants to keep the illusion up for the benefit of his base such as yourself. If this drags on long enough the Senate will ram a spending bill through and override Trump and that’ll be that. The president is at a H*** disadvantage in this fight. That started when he preemptively owned the shutdown (why he did that I haven’t a clue, great strategist he ain’t)...



Mega Hertz
Posts: 987
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:42 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:45 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm
I don't ever, ever...EVER want to hear conservatives whine about wasteful spending ever again. The fits that were thrown over health insurance...holy hell.
So you're comparing the wall which is 1/880th of the federal budget to healthcare which is 1/6th of the total economy?
Yes, I am. Because it's a hell of a lot more helpful than a wasteful wall, which benefits NO ONE but Trump.

If you would just come out and admit what you are, I'd respect it a lot more than I do now.


Underground Sounds, Ann Arbor
"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

Mega Hertz
Posts: 987
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:20 am

Anyone see the irony in that talking to people for this wall, is like talking TO a wall?

"Health insurance so people don't go broke from illness? Nope. Wasteful liberal spending!"

"A wall that won't help a damn thing? Get me my wallet!"

I've noted there's been no call for one across Canada. I wonder what the difference is between Candians and Mexicans.


Underground Sounds, Ann Arbor
"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:32 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm
Good thing that money isn't going to something worthwhile like feeding the hungry...there might be an outcry!

Well, it is. The U.S. budget for food stamps in fiscal 2019 is seven billion a MONTH. With a wall, there will be more to go around for U.S. citizens.


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

Mega Hertz
Posts: 987
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:05 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:32 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm
Good thing that money isn't going to something worthwhile like feeding the hungry...there might be an outcry!

Well, it is. The U.S. budget for food stamps in fiscal 2019 is seven billion a MONTH. With a wall, there will be more to go around for U.S. citizens.
Whoa there, Kemo Sabe. I thought Obama was President Foodstamps and Trump was gonna come in and put a stop to all those government handouts?


Underground Sounds, Ann Arbor
"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:06 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:20 am


"Health insurance so people don't go broke from illness? Nope. Wasteful liberal spending!"
Wait a minute...

That's EXACTLY what I had prior to the ACA. Insurance that protected me from a catastrophic illness or accident. It was affordable. Now, I pay almost four times as much with a much higher deductible. Tell me how that makes sense?

It's not about spending. It's about power to control. Just like a wall.


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:09 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:05 am
Whoa there, Kemo Sabe. I thought Obama was President Foodstamps and Trump was gonna come in and put a stop to all those government handouts?
Must have missed that campaign promise.


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 3591
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:05 am

Whoa there, Kemo Sabe. I thought Obama was President Foodstamps and Trump was gonna come in and put a stop to all those government handouts?
Give him a few more days and that promise will be kept.


You have to use the good brand of duct tape. The cheap stuff, they can work it loose with their tongue.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:06 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:20 am


"Health insurance so people don't go broke from illness? Nope. Wasteful liberal spending!"
Wait a minute...

That's EXACTLY what I had prior to the ACA. Insurance that protected me from a catastrophic illness or accident. It was affordable. Now, I pay almost four times as much with a much higher deductible. Tell me how that makes sense?

It's not about spending. It's about power to control. Just like a wall.
You had insurance that would have burned you in the ass were that to have happened... we all catostrophix insurance like that “junk insurance” for a very good reason. It isn’t like they set minimum insurance standards to be mean, they did it so that when push came to shove you got a far better deal in the long run.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:44 pm

You had insurance that would have burned you in the ass were that to have happened... we all catostrophix insurance like that “junk insurance” for a very good reason. It isn’t like they set minimum insurance standards to be mean, they did it so that when push came to shove you got a far better deal in the long run.
Umm excuse me. My plan was from Blue Cross Blue Shield. Junk? Hardly.


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:44 pm

You had insurance that would have burned you in the ass were that to have happened... we all catostrophix insurance like that “junk insurance” for a very good reason. It isn’t like they set minimum insurance standards to be mean, they did it so that when push came to shove you got a far better deal in the long run.
Umm excuse me. My plan was from Blue Cross Blue Shield. Junk? Hardly.
Provider is irrelevant... it’s what the plan covered and etc. All insurers offered junk insurance of some kind.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:32 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:32 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:44 pm

You had insurance that would have burned you in the ass were that to have happened... we all catostrophix insurance like that “junk insurance” for a very good reason. It isn’t like they set minimum insurance standards to be mean, they did it so that when push came to shove you got a far better deal in the long run.
Umm excuse me. My plan was from Blue Cross Blue Shield. Junk? Hardly.
Provider is irrelevant... it’s what the plan covered and etc. All insurers offered junk insurance of some kind.
Listen junior, I'm not sure who in the fuck you think you are to tell me that the plan I chose and the plan that worked perfectly for my needs was junk. Are you some kind of insurance expert or do you just like talking out of your ass?


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 2452
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:49 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:32 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm
Good thing that money isn't going to something worthwhile like feeding the hungry...there might be an outcry!
Well, it is. The U.S. budget for food stamps in fiscal 2019 is seven billion a MONTH. With a wall, there will be more to go around for U.S. citizens.
So you think a wall is going to do what exactly? It's false to suggest things will change at all. Walls have failed throughout history.


© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:23 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:32 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:32 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:44 pm

You had insurance that would have burned you in the ass were that to have happened... we all catostrophix insurance like that “junk insurance” for a very good reason. It isn’t like they set minimum insurance standards to be mean, they did it so that when push came to shove you got a far better deal in the long run.
Umm excuse me. My plan was from Blue Cross Blue Shield. Junk? Hardly.
Provider is irrelevant... it’s what the plan covered and etc. All insurers offered junk insurance of some kind.
Listen junior, I'm not sure who in the fuck you think you are to tell me that the plan I chose and the plan that worked perfectly for my needs was junk. Are you some kind of insurance expert or do you just like talking out of your ass?
It’s the name for those insurance plans that covered catastrophic coverage but left their users holding the bag as it were. I’m telling you the reason some plans were done away with. Your mileage may vary on how happy you are with it but the fact is that those plans that did not meet the minimum standards under the ACA were known as junk insurance. I’m merely reporting that to you. If you want to whine and cry about it that’s your business. The reasoning remains unchanged no matter how much you huff and puff at me for telling you why some plans were done away with or the law for axing them.

Sorry, you lose. Don’t shoot the messenger. It’s not polite.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic