Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:05 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:32 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm
Good thing that money isn't going to something worthwhile like feeding the hungry...there might be an outcry!

Well, it is. The U.S. budget for food stamps in fiscal 2019 is seven billion a MONTH. With a wall, there will be more to go around for U.S. citizens.
Whoa there, Kemo Sabe. I thought Obama was President Foodstamps and Trump was gonna come in and put a stop to all those government handouts?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:06 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:20 am

"Health insurance so people don't go broke from illness? Nope. Wasteful liberal spending!"
Wait a minute...

That's EXACTLY what I had prior to the ACA. Insurance that protected me from a catastrophic illness or accident. It was affordable. Now, I pay almost four times as much with a much higher deductible. Tell me how that makes sense?

It's not about spending. It's about power to control. Just like a wall.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:09 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:05 am
Whoa there, Kemo Sabe. I thought Obama was President Foodstamps and Trump was gonna come in and put a stop to all those government handouts?
Must have missed that campaign promise.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:05 am

Give him a few more days and that promise will be kept.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:06 am
Mega Hertz wrote:

"Health insurance so people don't go broke from illness? Nope. Wasteful liberal spending!"
Wait a minute...

That's EXACTLY what I had prior to the ACA. Insurance that protected me from a catastrophic illness or accident. It was affordable. Now, I pay almost four times as much with a much higher deductible. Tell me how that makes sense?

It's not about spending. It's about power to control. Just like a wall.
You had insurance that would have burned you in the ass were that to have happened... we all catostrophix insurance like that “junk insurance” for a very good reason. It isn’t like they set minimum insurance standards to be mean, they did it so that when push came to shove you got a far better deal in the long run.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:44 pm

You had insurance that would have burned you in the ass were that to have happened... we all catostrophix insurance like that “junk insurance” for a very good reason. It isn’t like they set minimum insurance standards to be mean, they did it so that when push came to shove you got a far better deal in the long run.
Umm excuse me. My plan was from Blue Cross Blue Shield. Junk? Hardly.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm
NS8401 wrote:

Provider is irrelevant... it’s what the plan covered and etc. All insurers offered junk insurance of some kind.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:32 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:32 pm
Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

Provider is irrelevant... it’s what the plan covered and etc. All insurers offered junk insurance of some kind.
Listen junior, I'm not sure who in the fuck you think you are to tell me that the plan I chose and the plan that worked perfectly for my needs was junk. Are you some kind of insurance expert or do you just like talking out of your ass?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:49 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:32 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm
Good thing that money isn't going to something worthwhile like feeding the hungry...there might be an outcry!
Well, it is. The U.S. budget for food stamps in fiscal 2019 is seven billion a MONTH. With a wall, there will be more to go around for U.S. citizens.
So you think a wall is going to do what exactly? It's false to suggest things will change at all. Walls have failed throughout history.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:23 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:32 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:32 pm
Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

Listen junior, I'm not sure who in the fuck you think you are to tell me that the plan I chose and the plan that worked perfectly for my needs was junk. Are you some kind of insurance expert or do you just like talking out of your ass?
It’s the name for those insurance plans that covered catastrophic coverage but left their users holding the bag as it were. I’m telling you the reason some plans were done away with. Your mileage may vary on how happy you are with it but the fact is that those plans that did not meet the minimum standards under the ACA were known as junk insurance. I’m merely reporting that to you. If you want to whine and cry about it that’s your business. The reasoning remains unchanged no matter how much you huff and puff at me for telling you why some plans were done away with or the law for axing them.

Sorry, you lose. Don’t shoot the messenger. It’s not polite.

RingtailedFox

Post by RingtailedFox » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:51 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Anyone see the irony in that talking to people for this wall, is like talking TO a wall?

"A wall that won't help a damn thing? Get me my wallet!"

I've noted there's been no call for one across Canada. I wonder what the difference is between Candians and Mexicans.
snarky response: we're not that thrilled with what we see south of the border these days... maybe we *should* have a wall of our own!

real response: canadians aren't interested in sneaking into america for a better life, because ours is already decent enough (aside from our brutal winters). we're also culturally similar for the most part and we don't have a raging drug war going on along the USA-Canada Border...

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:40 pm

I snuck into the US nine days ago. I'm still hiding out down here.

I didn't smuggle in any drugs. I'm not a terrorist, I'm not part of a criminal gang and I haven't raped any white girls yet.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:43 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:40 pm

I didn't smuggle in any drugs. I'm not a terrorist, I'm not part of a criminal gang and I haven't raped any white girls yet.
Give it time.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:35 am

Turkeytop wrote:

In other words, you're like 95% of the folks entering from the southern border.

{EDIT: The percentage may be higher or lower. I suspect higher but I'm too lazy to do the math. Those of you who are obsessed about this can break out you calculator and use the Customs & Border Patrol stats provided in this link: https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/cbp- ... statistics. It is interesting to note arrests have gone down sans Magical Wall]
Last edited by Lester The Nightfly on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:59 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:35 am
Turkeytop wrote:

In other words, you're like 95% of the folks entering from the southern border.
So the 5% of border crossers who are drug smugglers, gangsters, terrorists, and rapists -- is that an insignificant number in your opinion?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic