Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Predictions on how and when the shutdown ends

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:39 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:56 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:42 pm
Stupid debate all the way around...
We had the debate. 2 and a half years ago. And Trump won it by getting elected. Did you miss the part of his campaign where he promised a wall and then miss the part where he won the election?
Did you miss the part where the Republican house and the Republican Senate failed to pass a bill that included 5 billion for the wall? Why do you think the Democrats would be more foolish than the Republicans?

The house Democrats pass the same exact budget the Senate Republicans passed in early December. If you ask me the Republicans fucked Trump before the Democrats took power.

Most of trump voters are morons others who voted for him are simply Republicans but are completely sane and understand the wall is a complete waste of money. Do you actually think a wall is worth adding more to Trump's deficit?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:39 pm
Did you miss the part where the Republican house and the Republican Senate failed to pass a bill that included 5 billion for the wall?
That is downright false. The bill passed the House by a decent margin. It never had a chance in the Senate since they effectively need 60 votes and thus some democrats on board.

As to your latter question about the deficit - it sure would be nice if democrats would scrutinize spending on every single government program with as much vigor as they're scrutinizing Trump's proposed wall.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:52 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:09 pm
1 /880th of the budget. 1 out of 880.

Trump campaigned on building a wall. He was elected, at least in-part, to build a wall. That was a cornerstone of his campaign. Give him his damn wall.

Trump is standing on principle - the security of our nation. You may agree or disagree that a wall would enhance our security, but Trump's stand is a principled one. Democrats, on the other hand, are refusing to give him this money for two reasons - number 1, that they benefit as a political party from illegal immigration, and number 2, that building a wall would be a major victory for Trump, hence hampering their efforts to take back the White House in 2020.

Quite frankly, I think the democrats are making a political miscalculation here. The longer this goes on, the more blame will be directed towards House democrats for the reason that I stated above - I think more and more people will come to realize that democrats are stonewalling here for purely political reasons.
Trump is doing the wall for political purposes. He doesn’t care about immigrants one way or another but he knows that if he doesn’t get his wall he’s toast with the base. Trump is as opportunistic and unprincipled a politician as any in recent memory... you overdid the kool-aid if you are actually persuaded that he’s doing this because of his supposed principles...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:28 am

Waaaaaah! I want a wall.

But the majority of Americans don’t, Donald.

F—k them! I am King! And I want a wall!

But Americans, not Mexico, would now have to pay for it. Despite your promise that Mexico would pay.

Waaaaaaah! I don’t care. I’ll trick them into believing Mexico will pay. Like I always trick them into anything I want. They’re my subjects. I am King! They are stupid. I am good at tricking them.

But they’re not buying your tricks this time. Not your word substitutions. Not your “round about” Mexican funding. And especially not your blame shifting.

Waaaaaaah! Then I’ll hurt them! I’ll starve their children! I’ll, I’ll make them work without pay! I’ll wreck their parks. I’ll stop their peon airplanes from flying. I hope one explodes!!! I am King!!

Some believe you are not well, Donald.

I am NOT mentally ill! I am king. That’s all.
I Am King! I Am King!! I Am King!!!

I Am King!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:39 pm
Did you miss the part where the Republican house and the Republican Senate failed to pass a bill that included 5 billion for the wall?
That is downright false. The bill passed the House by a decent margin. It never had a chance in the Senate since they effectively need 60 votes and thus some democrats on board.

As to your latter question about the deficit - it sure would be nice if democrats would scrutinize spending on every single government program with as much vigor as they're scrutinizing Trump's proposed wall.
Let's focus on not adding new useless spending like a Wall which NO security advisor has recommended. It's just compensation for Trump's small penis and we all know it..

Here, read this and tell me that the Senators are lying...

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/422 ... ar-on-wall

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:58 pm

screen glare wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:28 am
Waaaaaah! I want a wall.

But the majority of Americans don’t, Donald.

F—k them! I am King! And I want a wall!
You forgot about the part about being planted by Putin. He is a KING IMPLANT.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:56 pm

You know how Trump is always touting the Border Patrol as being his biggest supporters? Guess who just called his wall a waste of time and money....

Hold strong Democrats he's about to implode in his own stupidity. Just wait till government employees start walking off their jobs and see how quickly he loses his support.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps- ... d=44978156

― Noam Chomsky

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:21 am

If all TSA screeners call in sick - commercial air travel is grounded.

Kind of a big deal.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 pm

Which number is bigger?

Elizabeth Warren's percent of Native American heritage, or the wall's percent of the federal budget?

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:42 pm

Please listen to Mannfred Manns Blinded by the Light.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:38 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 pm
Which number is bigger?

Elizabeth Warren's percent of Native American heritage, or the wall's percent of the federal budget?
You are throwing every piece of junk logic you possibly can come up with on this one.

― Noam Chomsky

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:17 am

You’re on your last leg, bmw. Your man is a sick, paper tiger. Wise up soon or go down with him. Realizing, of course, that he doesn’t give a damn about you.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 am

Someone who is seriously wanting a wall wrote:Which number is bigger?

And just out of curiosity, how does that sell your wall to those who disagree?

Mr. Trump should study the last president who accomplished a lot with a divided government. He was sitting right next to him at GHW Bush's funeral.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:22 am

Democrat opposition to the wall has NOTHING to do with the cost, and you're being disingenuous if you say it does. Democrats NEVER, EVER oppose ANY form of government spending, no matter how useless, if it advances a leftist cause.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:02 am

As I said. Last leg.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic