All accepted registrations through April 20 at 9:45a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz
Posts: 769
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:19 am

Just saw this online from the FAILING NY Times.

Thoughts on this?


Underground Sounds, Ann Arbor
"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

screen glare
Posts: 1122
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by screen glare » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:09 am

Add Michelle Obama as VP. Winning ticket against Mike Pence or Trump. And it WILL be Pence. Two highly educated dames with experience, heart and vision.

Neither has any trouble handling bullies, science deniers, Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, the gun lobby, Wells Fargo and other greedy corporate law breaker-types, racists, anti-Semites, KKK, neo-Nazis, pedophiles and whore mongers both in and out of government, education and energy drag-asses, big pharma, insurance industry czars and their agents, safety regulation abolishers, phoney military boosters and other cowards who would never themselves serve, plus any other anti-America scum here and around the world. And - Warren and Obama do it all with class. They go high.

Who should Pence add as HIS vice prez? Franklin Graham? Joel Osteen? Gotta be a religious zealot who is part of the Evangelical crowd. And most of all a white man with stage presence. Because Pence has absolutly none. As boring as a substitute teacher in middle school. In a suit. With a board up his back.

Come on 2020 !!!!!!! Can’t wait.
Last edited by screen glare on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.



zzand
Posts: 449
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:16 am
Location: right here

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by zzand » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:46 am

I see a very crowded field on the Democrat side, much like the Republican side last time around. Will be curious to see if Saunders keeps his base or if they have moved on. Will Biden enter the race, will Hillary try one more time? I say the Dem side tops out at 20 and Repub side tops out at 3.



Mega Hertz
Posts: 769
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:12 pm

If the Democrats are dumb enough to run Hillary again, they deserve what they get. I'll vote green just to throw a wrench in their plan. They thought that option was a sure fire path to the WH, they dicked with it the whole way. And found themselves on the outside looking in.


Underground Sounds, Ann Arbor
"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2423
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:27 pm

Guess she wants an early start to raise much wampum.

Anyone else find it ironic that a woman that purports the system is rigged by white privilege, claimed Native American status to land a 350,000.00 a year Harvard gig?


There sure isn't as much excitement, fawning, or adulation over our first orange president as there was over our first black one. Evidently, orange really isn't the new black.

Deleted User 14803

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:01 pm

Somebody should tell Liz that April Fools Day is 3 Months away.



Deleted User 14803

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:16 pm

screen glare wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:09 am
Add Michelle Obama as VP. Winning ticket against Mike Pence or Trump. And it WILL be Pence. Two highly educated dames with experience, heart and vision.

Neither has any trouble handling bullies, science deniers, Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, the gun lobby, Wells Fargo and other greedy corporate law breaker-types, racists, anti-Semites, KKK, neo-Nazis, pedophiles and whore mongers both in and out of government, education and energy drag-asses, big pharma, insurance industry czars and their agents, safety regulation abolishers, phoney military boosters and other cowards who would never themselves serve, plus any other anti-America scum here and around the world. And - Warren and Obama do it all with class. They go high.

Who should Pence add as HIS vice prez? Franklin Graham? Joel Osteen? Gotta be a religious zealot who is part of the Evangelical crowd. And most of all a white man with stage presence. Because Pence has absolutly none. As boring as a substitute teacher in middle school. In a suit. With a board up his back.

Come on 2020 !!!!!!! Can’t wait.
Are you drinking cough syrup again, Jesus! put it back in the medicine cabinet and leave that stuff alone.



Mega Hertz
Posts: 769
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:28 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:27 pm
Guess she wants an early start to raise much wampum.

Anyone else find it ironic that a woman that purports the system is rigged by white privilege, claimed Native American status to land a 350,000.00 a year Harvard gig?
That's capitalism. She did what she had to do to make money. Even if it meant lying and screwing someone else over.

I can't imagine a presidential candidate whining that things are rigged. Could you imagine?


Underground Sounds, Ann Arbor
"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

Circle Seven
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:53 am

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by Circle Seven » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:41 pm

I could see the original posters forecast of Warren and M. Obama be a winning ticket.
People want a woman. The first woman president.
But I don't see Michelle Obama jumping into that fray just quite yet.
Me personally, I would not be surprised to see her do a term or two as a senator from somewhere first, before she heads up Pennsylvania Avenue.

And as far as Billy's old lady. I think she is still self centered and egotistical enough to think she actually could pull it off.
And her entourage feels the same way. We will never know about it, but she will be talked out of it by more level heads.



User avatar
Lester The Nightfly
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:19 pm

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:05 pm

Warren won't go far in the Presidential race, but what she will do is get under Donnie's skin (as she has in the past) and goad him into making some exceptionally stupid and most likely tragically misogynistic statements that won't sit well with a demographic that has already cooled on what he's selling and who he needs for a legitimate win. The mid-terms already showed us that. I think she'll also hit him hard on health care and corporate governance, which to he has little in the way of defending himself on. She probably won't bloody him up but she'll cut him pretty good.

Mrs. Clinton will not be a candidate. Period.



TC Shuts Up
Posts: 660
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:15 pm

FIRST STEP. ACQUIRE HEAP BIG WAMPUM! LIKUM CHER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6E98ZRaU1s
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

User avatar
Lester The Nightfly
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:19 pm

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:20 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:15 pm
FIRST STEP. ACQUIRE HEAP BIG WAMPUM!
Oh... and highlight Trump's base's proclivity for being derogatory assholes about anyone who aren't white Anglo-Saxon Christians.



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 2643
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:28 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:05 pm
what she will do is get under Donnie's skin (as she has in the past) and goad him into making some exceptionally stupid and most likely tragically misogynistic statements that won't sit well with a demographic that has already cooled on what he's selling .
He doesn't need any goading to do that.



User avatar
Lester The Nightfly
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:19 pm

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:34 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:28 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:05 pm
what she will do is get under Donnie's skin (as she has in the past) and goad him into making some exceptionally stupid and most likely tragically misogynistic statements that won't sit well with a demographic that has already cooled on what he's selling .
He doesn't need any goading to do that.
Well, yeah. Kinda goes without saying but if additional poking the bear gets more results, so much the better. Let's not forget, Warren is a US Senator which carries it's own hazards if you're going after someone.



TC Shuts Up
Posts: 660
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Re: Elizabeth Warren to run in 2020

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:44 pm

Elizabeth Warren is the one who is being exploitative of a questionable heritage.


Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic