All accepted registrations through May 16 at 7:15p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Wishing you the very best

The classic Political Potpourri forum is back by popular demand! ~SEPARATE REGISTRATION IS NO LONGER NEEDED; ALL REGISTERED BUZZBOARD USERS ARE WELCOME TO POST!~ Be forwarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Wishing you the very best

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:17 pm
I got my replacement Instant Pot from Amazon yesterday. Took it home and tested it according to the provided instructions and it worked. Looking forward to actually cooking something in it this weekend. Not rice pudding, though, I don't care for the stuff. Perhaps General Tso's chicken?
those things are amazing. Good move Vic, we are in prime instapot season now.

© 2019 TC Talks ltd. Assembled in U.S.A.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:22 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:59 pm

How deep does your racism go? You seriously can’t go very long without going there. Disgusting!

So, disliking Chinese food makes me a racist?

And disliking rice, makes me a ricist.

I'm not exactly fond of pasta either. I suppose that make me anti-Italian.

Without ever having even tried it, I find the very thought of haggis revolting. I would never in my life put on a kilt. Of course, that makes me anti-Scottish.

So, I plead guilty. I should never have tried to go up against such a superior intellect as yours.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vic Doucette

Post by Vic Doucette » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:48 pm

A note for Turkeytop: My wife decided to use up some "reward points" she earned at work. They can be exchanged for all sorts of merchandise offered through some catalog associated with the program.

She ordered a $200 LL Bean gift card for her husband. Time to get some new shirts!

Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!
Visit www.michiganmiracle.org

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:48 pm
A note for Turkeytop: My wife decided to use up some "reward points" she earned at work. They can be exchanged for all sorts of merchandise offered through some catalog associated with the program.

She ordered a $200 LL Bean gift card for her husband. Time to get some new shirts!

So, using LL's logic, not owning any LL Bean products, must make me anti-LL. He might be right about that. But I do like beans.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:09 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:50 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:

So, using LL's logic, not owning any LL Bean products, must make me anti-LL. He might be right about that. But I do like beans.
Using the term "beans" just further proves your racism, TT.

Underground Sounds, Ann Arbor
"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:21 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:09 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:50 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:

Using the term "beans" just further proves your racism, TT.
Anti-Gas...

Vic Doucette

Post by Vic Doucette » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:35 pm

The Instant Pot gets its first test tonight, a 3-pound rack of ribs.

The receipe requires 1/2 cup of bourbon. I bought my first bottle of liquor in 20 years this morning. When did they start selling hooch in plastic bottles?

Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:05 pm

I'll be by around 6.

"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:10 pm

I like chinese food. Especially from restaurants that give discounts to our brave police officers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:03 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:10 pm
I like chinese food. Especially from restaurants that give discounts to our brave police officers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:03 pm
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:10 pm

Tip of the cap to them...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:59 pm

At last check, Sterling Heights police officers were still getting free drinks and donuts at Dunkin. I'd have no problem reaching into my pocket to purchase it for them.

I really wouldn't mind a Boston Creme donut right about now.

"Keep Vinyl Alive!"

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:27 am

My 2 cents? The Kozy Shack brand is unbeatable.
Their Tapioca pudding is best - if you like that particular food item. My mother’s long cooking warm homemade Tapioca had the best flavor, smell and texture, but if you’re going for pre-made then Kozy Shack is best by far. So are all their other puddings.

Re Instant Pots from Santa Claus - we got one at our house this year. My question is - what’s the best food you’ve eaten cooked in one of these counter top contraptions?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:34 am

I like those Duluth Trading commercials. Funny. Has anybody here tried those work clothes? Tag line for the skivies: “No pinch, no stink, no sweat. Get a pair!“
Good ad. Memorable. Worth whatever they paid the ad agency.

Vic Doucette

Post by Vic Doucette » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:32 am

The ribs were great! Total cook time from turning on the pot to getting them on the plate was about an hour.

They look awful coming out of the pot, though. 27 minutes of high-pressure steaming leaves you with an ugly, grey slab of meat. You need to hit them up with barbecue sauce and then give them a few minutes under the broiler. You get beautiful color and caramelization that way.

Tender but not falling off the bone. I will gladly make them again.

I have a picture on my phone but can't figure out how to post it. I'll cop to being ignorant about that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic