All accepted registrations through February 24 at 8:30p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Police worship

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
lovinlife101
Posts: 3233
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Police worship

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:43 am

One of the reasons why you get so upset when I criticize police is because you worship them. I challenge your religion of cop worship and that offends you. I challenge what you hold sacred and that upsets you.

But the fact is, police do not “risk their lives for you every day.” There are many occupations that are more dangerous.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_6373798

In fact, police work is getting LESS dangerous according to facts, evidence, and logic. But you can’t be bothered with those silly things because Sesame Street told you police are the “good guys” and you’ve followed that blindly and carried that into adulthood without questioning it.



User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 635
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Police worship

Post by craig11152 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:03 am

you remind me of the movie "Ground Hogs Day"...new day same old bitch.


I no longer directly engage trolls

lovinlife101
Posts: 3233
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Police worship

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:42 am

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:03 am
you remind me of the movie "Ground Hogs Day"...new day same old bitch.
1.Off-topic. Check!
2. Profanity. Check!
3. Name-calling. Check!
4. Inaccurate statement. (It’s Groundhog Day.) Check!
5. Ignorance. Triple Check!!!

Regardless of these, I will not try to silence you. You have as much a right to post as I do.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Police worship

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:40 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:42 am
craig11152 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:03 am
you remind me of the movie "Ground Hogs Day"...new day same old bitch.
1.Off-topic. Check!
2. Profanity. Check!
3. Name-calling. Check!
4. Inaccurate statement. (It’s Groundhog Day.) Check!
5. Ignorance. Triple Check!!!

Regardless of these, I will not try to silence you. You have as much a right to post as I do.
I think we need to re-evaluate that last part...



lovinlife101
Posts: 3233
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Police worship

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:02 am

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:40 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:42 am
craig11152 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:03 am
you remind me of the movie "Ground Hogs Day"...new day same old bitch.
1.Off-topic. Check!
2. Profanity. Check!
3. Name-calling. Check!
4. Inaccurate statement. (It’s Groundhog Day.) Check!
5. Ignorance. Triple Check!!!

Regardless of these, I will not try to silence you. You have as much a right to post as I do.
I think we need to re-evaluate that last part...
No re-evaluation necessary. Everyone should be allowed to speak, even the ignorant.



User avatar
ZenithCKLW
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:21 am
Location: Livonia, MI
Contact:

Re: Police worship

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:03 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:02 am
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:40 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:42 am
Regardless of these, I will not try to silence you. You have as much a right to post as I do.
I think we need to re-evaluate that last part...
No re-evaluation necessary. Everyone should be allowed to speak, even the ignorant.
Exactly, this is why LOL should be allowed to speak.

Happy Thanksgiving! Today I am thankful for my right to speak, my ability to recognize disinformation, and my right to think hundreds of anti-police posts on a broadcasting message board is foolish. I'm thankful for my ability to function in society without feeling the need to create enemies by condescendingly correcting everybody I believe is wrong or ignorant, and of course, I'm thankful for our police for keeping my community safe. Have a nice day!



User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 635
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Police worship

Post by craig11152 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:23 pm

happy thanksgiving to you too ZenithCKLW


I no longer directly engage trolls

lovinlife101
Posts: 3233
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Police worship

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:44 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:03 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:02 am
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:40 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:42 am
Regardless of these, I will not try to silence you. You have as much a right to post as I do.
I think we need to re-evaluate that last part...
No re-evaluation necessary. Everyone should be allowed to speak, even the ignorant.
Exactly, this is why LOL should be allowed to speak.

Happy Thanksgiving! Today I am thankful for my right to speak, my ability to recognize disinformation, and my right to think hundreds of anti-police posts on a broadcasting message board is foolish. I'm thankful for my ability to function in society without feeling the need to create enemies by condescendingly correcting everybody I believe is wrong or ignorant, and of course, I'm thankful for our police for keeping my community safe. Have a nice day!
“Anti-police” is false. It’s police accountability. Big difference.

I’ll respond to your other ignorance when the dust settles from your Thanksgiving. Once you clean out the spit cups and ash trays you’ll be in a better frame of mind to understand what I’m saying.



User avatar
ZenithCKLW
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:21 am
Location: Livonia, MI
Contact:

Re: Police worship

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Laughing my ass off at this foolish behavior.

Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you’re able to find a shred of happiness and joy and maybe even a way to express it.



zzand
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:16 am
Location: right here

Re: Police worship

Post by zzand » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am thankful that a group I am part of made sure city and county law enforcement, fire and EMT's all had a hot, traditional meal for this special day. I am also thankful for people like LL101 as they are living reminders that being good, honest people will always prevail. They sit alone in the ivory towers looking down on the rest of us, never realizing what they are missing by thinking they are better than we are. What they will never realize is by thinking that they are actually worse. I love living reminders of how not to live life and LL101 is a daily reminder of that.



lovinlife101
Posts: 3233
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Police worship

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:18 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:23 pm
Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am thankful that a group I am part of made sure city and county law enforcement, fire and EMT's all had a hot, traditional meal for this special day. I am also thankful for people like LL101 as they are living reminders that being good, honest people will always prevail. They sit alone in the ivory towers looking down on the rest of us, never realizing what they are missing by thinking they are better than we are. What they will never realize is by thinking that they are actually worse. I love living reminders of how not to live life and LL101 is a daily reminder of that.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

You don’t think after their shift they didn’t have a hot, traditional meal? :rollin :rollin :rollin

You think they’re homeless? In poverty? Those are the ones who didn’t have a hot, traditional meal.

Wow, I have vastly underestimated your ignorance.



zzand
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:16 am
Location: right here

Re: Police worship

Post by zzand » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:35 am

No, you have shown how ignorant you actually are. Fire and EMS work a 24 hour shift, Law Enforcement works a minimum 12 hour shift on holidays so the majority of them miss the holiday, this way they don't. You are an ignorant fool, and one day it will bite you hard and I only hope we all can witness it.



lovinlife101
Posts: 3233
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Police worship

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:13 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:35 am
No, you have shown how ignorant you actually are. Fire and EMS work a 24 hour shift, Law Enforcement works a minimum 12 hour shift on holidays so the majority of them miss the holiday, this way they don't. You are an ignorant fool, and one day it will bite you hard and I only hope we all can witness it.
No profanity? You feeling okay?

Figured you would need time this morning to post since you waited in line for hours to get 5 cents off a carton of cigarettes.

Someone misses a holiday because they work 12 hours? Maybe in your world. In my world a day is 24 hours, so I would miss 12 hours of a holiday if I worked 12 hours, not the whole day.

Again, even those who work 24 hours normally eat a hot, traditional meal. Prove me wrong.



Deleted User 8570

Re: Police worship

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:15 pm

zzand wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:35 am
No, you have shown how ignorant you actually are. Fire and EMS work a 24 hour shift, Law Enforcement works a minimum 12 hour shift on holidays so the majority of them miss the holiday, this way they don't. You are an ignorant fool, and one day it will bite you hard and I only hope we all can witness it.
I’m not a first responder but the concept still holds... eat what you can when you can and skip out on A LOT of time with your family In order to do a service for others... it sucks but such is life... The troll has no conception of any of this...



zzand
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:16 am
Location: right here

Re: Police worship

Post by zzand » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:42 am

I agree but let him need Fire or EMS and them not being there in a blink of an eye and he would be the first to complain. Those 24 hour shifts are bad enough to begin with but add holiday travel and weirdness on the roads and it magnifies how tough the job is.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic