Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Looks like Bill's campaign is broke!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Looks like Bill's campaign is broke!

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:28 am

NS8401 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:39 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:00 am
I should mention also that I've seen extremely few signs for Stabenow.

If James wins Oakland County, Stabenow could be in trouble.

Weather is supposed to be nasty much of Tuesday. That could mean good news for Republicans. Lower turnouts generally help the GOP, for whatever reason.
Because there are fewer Republicans then Democrats but they vote more... so any additional Democrats that stay home is all the more in the GOP’s favor...
Quit with that nonsense of there being more Democrats. It's just not true.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:39 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:28 am
NS8401 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:39 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:00 am
I should mention also that I've seen extremely few signs for Stabenow.

If James wins Oakland County, Stabenow could be in trouble.

Weather is supposed to be nasty much of Tuesday. That could mean good news for Republicans. Lower turnouts generally help the GOP, for whatever reason.
Because there are fewer Republicans then Democrats but they vote more... so any additional Democrats that stay home is all the more in the GOP’s favor...
Quit with that nonsense of there being more Democrats. It's just not true.
By registration nationally it is true... the Republican Party is smaller than the Democratic Party... but they’ve been able to gerrymander their way into power in the house after winning in 2010 which was expected since it was the first midterm for a new president and those almost always go against the party in power. The Democrats this year simply got a terrible map to work with in the senate. The GOP also focused like a laser on state legislatures as well as governorships in the past decade too while the Democrats fell asleep at the switch which resulted in the trifecta in several states.

If everything goes as expected later today the Democrats will have a 20 seat majority or so in the house and the GOP will have a 51-49 majority in the senate. The governorships will be almost evenly split 26-24 in favor of the GOP which would represent major losses for the GOP and there would be a reduction in the number of trifectas Republicans currently enjoy with both chambers plus a governor in several states. Today is not likely to be a pretty day for the red team...

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:52 am

Party registration is not a good or even accurate measure. Some states, including ours, do not have partisan registration, whereas liberal enclaves like New York and California do have party registration. Also, its interesting that Democrats lean so much on the gerrymandering excuse. I'm voting for Debbie Dingell today, not because I'm particularly fond of her, but she doesn't have a credible opponent. This does not mean I prefer a Democrat congress, it just means that in my district, the Democrat is the better choice.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:04 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:52 am
Party registration is not a good or even accurate measure. Some states, including ours, do not have partisan registration, whereas liberal enclaves like New York and California do have party registration. Also, its interesting that Democrats lean so much on the gerrymandering excuse. I'm voting for Debbie Dingell today, not because I'm particularly fond of her, but she doesn't have a credible opponent. This does not mean I prefer a Democrat congress, it just means that in my district, the Democrat is the better choice.
Did the GOP even bother to field a sacrificial lamb against Dingell?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic