All accepted registrations through February 19 at 8:30p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Wonder How It Tasted?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2135
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Wonder How It Tasted?

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Sure we're a whole lot of of people that had to dine on crow.

Here's a video with just about all of them.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ahkMA6JPOHU[/youtube]


Cain killed Abel with a rock. God blamed Cain, NOT the rock.

User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 3144
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Wonder How It Tasted?

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:44 am



Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

User avatar
Calvert DeForest
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: The corner of US-16 and M-78

Re: Wonder How It Tasted?

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:33 am

I keep wondering when Trump will hit the wall (no, I'm not talking about that wall).

He has defied logic at every turn. Not that he didn't touch on some serious issues we need to address, but I kept asking myself really? Is THIS the guy?

Then again, I never understood the charismatic appeal of L. Ron Hubbard either.


YouTube is like a sponge that absorbs ego.

User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 634
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Wonder How It Tasted?

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:58 am

am a middle of the road guy....I have peeps who think I'm liberal and peeps who think I'm conservative.

I think Trump is slowly becoming a disaster even to republicans. I was hoping after he got elected he would flip a switch and start acting presidential. It doesn't seem to be happening.
In what alternative universe does the POTUS turn the National Prayer Breakfast in to a pissing match with Arnold Schwarzenegger over a reality TV shows ratings?


I no longer directly engage trolls

User avatar
Calvert DeForest
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: The corner of US-16 and M-78

Re: Wonder How It Tasted?

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:34 pm

craig11152 wrote:am a middle of the road guy....I have peeps who think I'm liberal and peeps who think I'm conservative.

I think Trump is slowly becoming a disaster even to republicans. I was hoping after he got elected he would flip a switch and start acting presidential. It doesn't seem to be happening.
In what alternative universe does the POTUS turn the National Prayer Breakfast in to a pissing match with Arnold Schwarzenegger over a reality TV shows ratings?
It was one of those instances where one could interpret the remarks as a pure joke, but we know the Donald too well. It's personal to him. He just can't let it go.

As for reality shows....well....we're in one. Everyone check in with Central Casting! :razz


YouTube is like a sponge that absorbs ego.

User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 634
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Wonder How It Tasted?

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote: It was one of those instances where one could interpret the remarks as a pure joke, but we know the Donald too well. It's personal to him. He just can't let it go.
Even as a pure joke it lays a giant egg and at a prayer breakfast especially. Maybe its me but jokes where the joke teller is the star of the joke just aren't that funny. As president you don't involve yourself in a joke unless its slightly self-deprecating. Thats my opinion but I think i'm far from alone.


I no longer directly engage trolls

User avatar
Calvert DeForest
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: The corner of US-16 and M-78

Re: Wonder How It Tasted?

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:09 pm

craig11152 wrote: Maybe its me but jokes where the joke teller is the star of the joke just aren't that funny. As president you don't involve yourself in a joke unless its slightly self-deprecating. Thats my opinion but I think i'm far from alone.
That didn't dawn on me until you mentioned it, but you're absolutely right! Part of JFK's charisma was the ability never to take himself too seriously. If you watch his old press conferences, he was always poking subtle jabs at himself, and many of his jokes actually were funny. Kennedy may not have had a TV series, but he knew how to play the room.

The ability to derive a laugh at one's own expense requires a degree of humility. Well....


YouTube is like a sponge that absorbs ego.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic