Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Has A Controversy Brewing? Just change The Subject

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 8570

Trump Has A Controversy Brewing? Just change The Subject

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:30 pm

Apparently there's a good chance Trumps Supreme Court pick is going to be announced Monday... Trump often used distractions like this in the campaign to get rid of controversy...
WASHINGTON (AP) — A White House official says President Donald Trump could announce his pick for the Supreme Court as early as Monday.

Trump originally said the announcement would come on Thursday, but the official says the timeframe could be sped up.

Three federal appeals court judges are said to have emerged as leading candidates: Neil Gorsuch, Thomas Hardiman and William Pryor. The official says the president has also been considering Diane Sykes, one of his early favorites for the high court seat.

Word of a possible earlier announcement came as the White House dealt with fallout from Trump's ban on refugees. As a candidate, Trump often used surprise announcements to shift attention away from negative coverage.

The official was not authorized to discuss the Supreme Court process and insisted on anonymity.

bmw

Re: Trump Has A Controversy Brewing? Just change The Subject

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:27 am

Trump announced back before his inauguration that he intended to announce a nominee in the first 2 weeks of his Presidency. Which is exactly what he is doing.

Thursday or Monday....what's the difference? I think he could care less about the controversy his ban has caused. He had to know that was coming.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:17 am

bmw wrote:Trump announced back before his inauguration that he intended to announce a nominee in the first 2 weeks of his Presidency. Which is exactly what he is doing.

Thursday or Monday....what's the difference? I think he could care less about the controversy his ban has caused. He had to know that was coming.
Yes but the point is that this fits a pattern that's already established... he has some problem brewing and just puts a new subject out to distract from it.... that indicates he cares. Forget thin skin, how could a guy with so little skin he's a sore winner not care? Impossible.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:41 am

He's got a lot to do. What should he do, just sit around and do nothing?

Ok, I get that a lot of people would probably prefer he do just that, but you get my point.

That, and this what is known as "politics." Both parties do it ALL THE TIME. No different than the Friday afternoon news dumps so that bad news is diluted over the weekend - this has been going on since the invention of the television.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:13 am

bmw wrote:He's got a lot to do. What should he do, just sit around and do nothing?

Ok, I get that a lot of people would probably prefer he do just that, but you get my point.

That, and this what is known as "politics." Both parties do it ALL THE TIME. No different than the Friday afternoon news dumps so that bad news is diluted over the weekend - this has been going on since the invention of the television.
This is true to an extent... it's weird to announce and then reannounce when it becomes necessary to cover something up... at least the other guys try to hide what they are doing.... Trumps taking all the fun out of it...

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:33 pm

Like Trump said the other day, "There is no truth that I ever..... HEY LOOK, A BUNNY ON THE LAWN, isn't that cute!"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic